Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

And Elvis, one tree farm in Seattle does not replace an entire rainforest.
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

I didn't say it did, but you seem to be buying into a lot of the current spread bullcrap...

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

A tree farm is not a forest. Once you clearcut a forest, it's gone forever. Simpson and Whorehouser may plant a seedling for every tree they cut down, but that's only for the purposes of renewing their own resources. The trees planted will never reach the maturity of the old growth forest, and as such, it's always a net loss in the amount of oxygen that was produced by the original forest. Not to mention the biodiversity (a.k.a. the creative work of God Almighty) that once existed in that forest, which will never return.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• kwame k
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by ELVIS
          Just wait until you get your first carbon tax bill...

I bet you will imediately jump on to my way of analyzing the facts...
          When's that bill coming?

I've only heard of taxing industries who pollute the fuck out of the environment....which seems to be just a shell game. One company who doesn't pollute can sell their credits to a company that does pollute. Dumbest fucking idea I have ever heard of.....make all industries adhere to the same environmental standards, period.

Will we pay more for electricity when The Super Grid is put into place, in the short term? You bet we will...less waste, more reliable and better for the environment. Pay a little more now for savings in the future. Sign me up! Gotta give a little to get a little.

If I am going to be taxed on my carbon footprint and it's based on usage/waste, something that I can control, either saving money by using less or using it more efficiently or pay more for wasting it, I'm for it. Only if they are using that money to fix the environment.

If all of us would of paid pennies more for goods and not whored ourselves out to the Mecca of all shit cheap, Wal-Mart, maybe there would be a few more mom and pop shops around and less people without jobs.
          Originally posted by vandeleur
          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

Whether or not the emails are fraudulent, there are several things that cannot be denied:

1. We need to begin to use sources of energy that do NOT pollute the environment

2. We need to do so to stop our dependence on OTHER NATIONS for our energy requirements.

3. We need to do so to STOP the oil companies from holding the consumers of the world hostage, and use new technology previously unknown to the public so THE PUBLIC (that is US) can have FREE ENERGY.

All the rest of this bickering in Washington is just pointless childish foolishness.

My 2 cents....

Comment

• kwame k
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Feb 2008

Geez, why to kill a thread with a succinct post, HR
              Originally posted by vandeleur
              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• GO-SPURS-GO
                Sniper
                • Feb 2007

I believe anything in large amounts is bad for you. Bananas are great for us, but if you eat 25 of them in one day, they will kill you.

Around 20,000 years ago we through a HUGE climate change, so huge, everything froze. Was there any SUV's, factories and other polluters around? Don’t think so, it just happened.

Is there something going on right now? Sure! Are humans to blame? I’m not sure.. and no one knows for sure. Should everyone (including our government) do their part to make this a better place to live, for us, and for future generations? HELL YES!!

I don’t mind taxes when it’s used for the betterment of society.

In 1997, 10 million was spent to find out why a cigarette taste good after a meal. That is a reason we should complain about taxes, not for cleaning up God’s creation. :confused:

Just my two cents..
                https://www.facebook.com/warren.hammonds.58
                http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1001063

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Personally, for the sake of the environment, I believe a good starting point would be for all of us to discourage GO-SPURS-GO from eating up to 25 bananas at a time. C'mon folks...start locally, think globally.

We are all in this together.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Anonymous
                    Banned
                    • May 2004

I believe anything in large amounts is bad for you. Bananas are great for us, but if you eat 25 of them in one day, they will kill you.

Around 20,000 years ago we through a HUGE climate change, so huge, everything froze. Was there any SUV's, factories and other polluters around? Don’t think so, it just happened.

Is there something going on right now? Sure! Are humans to blame? I’m not sure.. and no one knows for sure. Should everyone (including our government) do their part to make this a better place to live, for us, and for future generations? HELL YES!!

In 1997, 10 million was spent to find out why a cigarette taste good after a meal. That is a reason we should complain about taxes, not for cleaning up God’s creation. :confused:

Just my two cents..
                    Dude, I can eat 50 bananas in one day, and won't even feel sick.

Wanna bet?

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• standin
                      Veteran
                      • Apr 2009

Just my two cents..
                      Great post!
                      Other than banana man is mad at ya!
                      To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
                      MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                        ...My point in all of this including pollution and healthcare is the government does not have this country's or our best interests at heart.....

But the health care industry profiting from providing the least services possible and the oil and gas industries do have our best interests in their blessed little hearts?

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

No!

Do you actually think that letting the government have total control will make it better ??

Comment

• Anonymous
                            Banned
                            • May 2004

I just got proof that temperatures today are NOT the highest ever.

You see, I don't believe EVERYTHING that the scientists decide to spew on us, just because.

So I try to get my own info.

And to do get this particular information, I visited my grandmother. Since I also needed a couple of €uros, it was two fishes with one shot.

Anyway, she's been around long before any of these so-called scientists, so she knows more than they do about the climate in the last century, and she told me that in the 50s, it was so hot, that when people took the steaks out of the fridge, they were already grilled.

And noone complained, because even though it was extremely hot, everyone saved on gas bills, since noone needed to use the stove those years.

So there you have it. All this talk about global warming is bullshit.

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Even I think that's meangless..

Comment

• standin
                                Veteran
                                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Imapus_Sylicker
                                I just got proof that temperatures today are NOT the highest ever.

You see, I don't believe EVERYTHING that the scientists decide to spew on us, just because.

So I try to get my own info.

And to do get this particular information, I visited my grandmother. Since I also needed a couple of €uros, it was two fishes with one shot.

Anyway, she's been around long before any of these so-called scientists, so she knows more than they do about the climate in the last century, and she told me that in the 50s, it was so hot, that when people took the steaks out of the fridge, they were already grilled.

And noone complained, because even though it was extremely hot, everyone saved on gas bills, since noone needed to use the stove those years.

So there you have it. All this talk about global warming is bullshit.

Well, my grandma said it was so hot that the steaks came off the cows already grilled and the taters cooked them selves right in the ground. :tongue0011:
                                To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
                                MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

Working...