X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
    Maybe Rush faked it so he could give the healthcare system a good report...
    So in other words, he's lying as usual?

At least BecKKK was honest about the health care system after his ass surgery. Of course, he didn't work for FAUX then

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bX1rLv_hNeI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bX1rLv_hNeI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• GAR
      Banned
      • Jan 2004

I'm not gonna say that just because I don't give a fuck about Rush, that nobody else gives a shit.

Maybe this is FORD's way of sneaking in his closeted conservativism thru the side-door of a Rush attack.

Could anyone else here give a shit if Rush croaks? I don't. All that guy did during the Bush years was chant "rah rah Bush."

Not to say I'm a Bush-basher either.. I'm not. I could give a fuck about either one.

Comment

• bueno bob
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
        Maybe Rush faked it so he could give the healthcare system a good report...
        Well, either that or he faked it for more drugs.

Either or.
        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR

Maybe this is FORD's way of sneaking in his closeted conservativism thru the side-door of a Rush attack.
          The day that I'm a conservative will be the same day that Satan opens a ski resort in Hell.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• JJ Hobson
            Full On Cocktard
            • Jan 2010

Interesting article about Wicca ...

Originally posted by Kristy
            Wiccan!?!? You mean that trendy pseudo-lesbian shit passing itself off as a religion now taken up by attention-seeking goths? Yeah, I talk about THAT all the time here. Why there must be thousands of threads with me giving a nod or two in great detail how I and my pagan sisters drink goat's blood dressed in Baphomet masks all wanting to be sodomized by the great god Pan.
            Speaking of Wicca, check out the following article ...
            Institute on Religion & Democracy (IRD): "Wicca’s Invitation: Pagan Practices Are Meeting With An Increasingly Receptive Audience In the Episcopal Church: Is It the Consequence Of An Unmet Need?" ...

Institute on Religion & Democracy (IRD)

An interesting (IMO, at least!) excerpt ...
            An Unmet Need

After years of researching Wicca, Sanders has empathy for women like Lanyi that have looked to pagan ritual.

“There definitely is a hunger,” Sanders explained. The author observed that croning rituals tend to draw older women, while younger women seek rituals involving nature. Many times, the rituals grew out of desire to be recognized or acknowledged.

“Older women have a lot of wisdom, and they do have a special place in our society,” Sanders said. “But the fact that our society has this view that women need to make themselves better (through things like plastic surgery), that’s the result of sin and the fall.”

“A lot of these women are looking to affirm something that they don’t think is being met,” Saunders said. Quoting author Arthur Lindsley of the C.S. Lewis Institute, Sanders surmises that sometimes “people are interested in neopaganism because of the unpaid bills of the church.”

Dude, I was raised Catholic and the closest I ever came to any kind of a ritual was when I joined a sorority which was more or less a self-serving bitch club for women with all sorts of deep-rooted psychological issues.

Another except from the IRD article ...
            “It would be good for churches to consider ways to honor who God created us to be, the things we are experiencing,” Sanders said. But Sanders added that if rituals do not point to Jesus, they don’t have a place in the church.

“The Gospel is the best answer for those people,” Sanders said. “As a result of sin, we don’t honor women the way we should, and therefore they are reaching out. These are people that are in our midst that are hurting, and if it means reading up on these rituals, that will help us understand where they are coming from.”

“In modern 21st century America, we think we know what we need, and that’s a dangerous place to be in,” Sanders said. “We need to constantly glorify him [Jesus].”

I don't mean to make you angry, Kristy ... So please, be gentle--LOL!

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Listen, I know many people involved with Wicca (most of them being women) and personally regarded their beliefs as another means of escapism that you would find in just about any church whether it be Catholic or Protestant. Young women turn to Wicca out of need to belong to something that doesn't judge them on the basis of not being pretty, curvy or popular enough and this is why they identify with the "Earth Goddess" and other feminine overtones in rituals. Now is that a positive thing or does it belong in traditional church doctrines I don't know but no one I know who practices Wiccian beliefs is patronizing, discriminating or killing others in the name of Wicca. So in that case, more power to them.

Comment

• JJ Hobson
                Full On Cocktard
                • Jan 2010

Listen, I know many people involved with Wicca (most of them being women) ...
                I had a friend whose sister was Wiccan, and who was dating a Wiccan ... They were a little on the strange side, but ultimately pretty harmless ...

When I was about 15 years old or so, I even role-played with them and my friend once, using G.U.R.P.S. (Generic Universal Role-Playing System) ... My friend's sister's boyfriend was the GM (Game Master)--and, therefore, was responsible for controlling all characters not controlled by us ...

Comment

Working...