Obama calls out SWAT team on these mean-loooking Tea Party Patriots!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
    I agree with you...it IS a reach. Did Obama personally call out the SWAT here or anywhere else? No. But one of the reasons I posted this thread (besides to irritate the frontline liberal faction) was to point out the hilarity of the main-stream media labeling those in the Tea Party Movement as dangerous, violent, and seditious. There's a few crackpots in every bunch, but overwhelmingly the Tea Party people are a peaceful, patriotic bunch.
    They are a bunch of dumb wankers that's what they are.

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

I agree with you...it IS a reach. Did Obama personally call out the SWAT here or anywhere else? No. But one of the reasons I posted this thread (besides to irritate the frontline liberal faction) was to point out the hilarity of the main-stream media labeling those in the Tea Party Movement as dangerous, violent, and seditious. There's a few crackpots in every bunch, but overwhelmingly the Tea Party people are a peaceful, patriotic bunch.
      I dunno, man...ever see the original version of The Manchurian Candidate? That whole scene featuring the seemingly innocuous ladies garden club wound up being particularly sinister, as they were definetly not what they appeared to be.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Blackflag
        Banned
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
        Fucking USPS lost my Netflix DVD. I blame Obama.
        It was "As Good as it Gets," wasn't it?

Comment

• Blaze
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

There were a few tense moments when the crowd moved west down York toward Third Street after the president's motorcade arrived. A Secret Service agent asked the crowd to move back across the street to the north side.
          When the crowd didn't move and began singing "God Bless, America" and the national anthem, Quincy Deputy Police Chief Ron Dreyer called for members of the Mobile Field Force to walk up the street.
          The officers, mainly from Metro East departments near St. Louis and dressed in full body armor, marched from the east and stood on the south side of York facing the protesters.
          There was no physical contact, and the officers did not come close to the crowd, but there were catcalls and more than a few upset tea party members, including a woman who shouted, "This is communism!"
          McQueen also assisted in asking people to step back to the north side of York. The crowd moved back, the officers stayed for about 15 minutes and left, and there were no other incidents.
          "It's just a communication issue. We were trying to get them to move across the street," Quincy Deputy Police Chief Curt Kelty said. "We were just trying to move them back, they complied, and it was fine."
          Several of the Quincy Tea Party members thanked Kelty as they left the area.
          ~
          Members of Quad Cities and St. Louis tea parties also made the trip. Many laughed as two men walked in front of the gathering, one of them holding a long tree branch.
          "Obama's money tree," the man said.

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
          sigpic

Comment

• WACF
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Sesh...I disagree with this.

They are the result of a government contoled by outside interests...keeping the people divided.

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              Why do you say that ??

Comment

• jhale667
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                Why do you say that ??
                Because for the vast majority of the teabagged, it's TRUE.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/if88PgI-vfU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" ></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/if88PgI-vfU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
                Originally posted by conmee
                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                Originally posted by eddie78
                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                  Why do you say that ??
                  Come on Elvis, don't ask questions you already know the answer to. If people could really argue against the tea partiers messages, they wouldn't resort to name calling, stereotyping, and anything else they can think of to discredit the people involved.

"Grass roots movement? More like AstroTurf."....Pelosi

Can't blame them too much as they are only parroting their leaders.
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Do you know what AstroTurf means?

Just like on the football field, it pretends to be grass, but it ain't.

The Koch brothers (BCE in-laws and all around general right wing ultra rich douchebags) are about as far from "grass roots" as you can get, and they're the ones funding the Dick Arm(e)y. Glenn BecKKK works for Rupert Murdoch, and Sarah Palin's scripts are written by Bill Kristol of the treasonous Israeli Right wing moles formerly calling themselves PNAC who have now morphed into some Orwellianly named "Foundation for Defending Democracy" (or something like that).

That adds up to "populism" about as much as Hagar's Hallmark Card lyrics and cheesy synthesizer ballads add up to "Van Halen". You can call it whatever you want, but it don't make it true.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Nobody called out a "S.W.A.T." team. They're called "riot police." Dummy.

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                        The Koch brothers (BCE in-laws and all around general right wing ultra rich douchebags) are about as far from "grass roots" as you can get, and they're the ones funding the Dick Arm(e)y. Glenn BecKKK works for Rupert Murdoch, and Sarah Palin's scripts are written by Bill Kristol of the treasonous Israeli Right wing moles formerly calling themselves PNAC who have now morphed into some Orwellianly named "Foundation for Defending Democracy" (or something like that).
                        And they can all be attached to Kevin Bacon in 7 steps or less.
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                          Nobody called out a "S.W.A.T." team. They're called "riot police." Dummy.
                          To be fair Nick, the SWAT team was on the rooftops of several buildings. But you are correct, they were not marching down the street.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Blaze
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

It is SOP to have the roof tops covered during a high profile government visit.
                            And as my other post pointed out , it was SOP to call the the riot police.
                            These teams are expensive and often share duties.
                            Dressing out as one of the team members is not simply putting on jeans and a tee shirt.

This was not an ordinary day. The president was there. That fact moved the SOP from one box to the other.

The demonstrators had already stated they intended to "push" security.
                            There were unknowns from out of town doing shenanigans with a tree branch.
                            The protest began to impede IDOT and from my brief review IDOT is serious about their roadways.

OR the Chief was participating in the demonstration by colluding with leaders of the demonstration and/or tea group to provide photo ops.
                            For example; create an opportunity for the Chief to respond to an event.

Giving the benefit of the doubt to the Chief, with the President being in the environment he chose the SOP of the highest regard, which happen to include the trained and expensive Mobile Field Force.
                            ~
                            Deputy Police Chief Ron Dreyer called for members of the Mobile Field Force to walk up the street.
                            The officers, mainly from Metro East departments near St. Louis and dressed in full body armor, marched from the east and stood on the south side of York facing the protesters. with the tree branch.

Deputy Police Chief Ron Dreyer called for members of the Mobile Field Force to walk up the street.
                            The officers, mainly from Metro East departments near St. Louis and dressed in full body armor, marched from the east and stood on the south side of York facing the protesters.
                            "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                            sigpic

Comment

• Blaze
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Having the president visit, though nice, is a big pain in the rump and can be expensive for a town not used to such appearances. .

At least they had matching pants and shirts
                              Joking! I am sure Illinois has some of the finest tactical guys around
                              sigpic

Comment

• Blaze
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by chefcraig
                                To be fair Nick, the SWAT team was on the rooftops of several buildings. But you are correct, they were not marching down the street.
                                Out of curiosity, how did you expect a platoon to arrive on bicycles? or ponies?

Function: The MFF is basically a platoon of police officers of various ranks with a leader. Tactics used are based on small squad tactics developed by the Office of Domestic Preparedness as well as the more traditional Mobile Field Force tactics. A team generally consists of four squads and may be supplemented by specialized units from ILEAS member agencies.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...