Obama calls out SWAT team on these mean-loooking Tea Party Patriots!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Blaze
    Out of curiosity, how did you expect a platoon to arrive on bicycles? or ponies?

Function: The MFF is basically a platoon of police officers of various ranks with a leader. Tactics used are based on small squad tactics developed by the Office of Domestic Preparedness as well as the more traditional Mobile Field Force tactics. A team generally consists of four squads and may be supplemented by specialized units from ILEAS member agencies.
    Oh, ya see...I've only seen the tv show S.W.A.T. and purchased the popular single which accompanied the show. While you can draw upon the internet for your vast storehouse of information (which for one reason or another, never quite seems to apply to what is being discussed), I'm stuck with good old common sense and the TV Guide.

Ever heard the song? It's really pretty damned cool. Seriously, turn it up loud. I believe a movie was made about the show as well...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Damn.... I don't think I've heard that song since I was in 4th grade
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Blaze
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Hmm. That song seems vaguely familiar. I did not know there was a show called SWAT. I do like MASH was it similar? Any good clips of SWAT?

I could not find the Illinois SOP I did find some Org charts for PDs and reviewing them (they generally were the same) the chief followed the book.
        I am sure he or she had no interest in blurring the lines during a multi-agency visit.
        He or she would have had a choice of
        Operatives or administrative

then local patrol or multi-agency units.

In April 1839, the Mayor and officers for the town of Quincy appointed Jacob Gruwell as constable and collector for the town of Quincy. The Quincy police department has grown from that appointment to its current size of 77 sworn officers.

We have gone from a constable equipped with a lantern and a nightstick to the officer of today who is equipped with technological equipment such as in-car computers and video cameras, portable radios and cellular telephones.
        "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
        sigpic

Comment

• Blaze
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/gpVG6p-SbQmVyITCDwroTg"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/gpVG6p-SbQmVyITCDwroTg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>
          "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
          sigpic

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

The whole tea bag terrorist thing is overblown. It's like the Democrats are hoping it will happen so they can exploit it. The thing is people in all the political parties are fed up with the lies and bullshit. It's not just Republicans. The thing is the tea baggers know violence won't help their cause and are doing everything they can to make sure it's peaceful protests. Basically, they are taking the Ghandi, Martin Luther King approach because it has a better chance of working than going ape shit. The whole redneck, gun toting, Timothy Mc Viegh, Nazi, Ku Klux Klan, White Power thing is Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Obama, and the left wind press on some fantasy trip. They are actually hoping and praying something tragic does happen so they can exploit it which is sick.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Who's looking real stupid right now is the Democrats. They are as dumb as the Republicans if not dumber.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2007

Any Republican that opposes financial regulations on Wall Street looks pretty damned stupid right now..

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                  Any Republican that opposes financial regulations on Wall Street looks pretty damned stupid right now..
                  Which they don't. But God forbid if the Republicans don't entirely support Dodd's bill and want to make some changes...like give the enforcement power of financial reform back to Congress instead of the Obama Administration (and those after his). Hell, we can't have that, can we? And NO bailouts...NONE! Fuck that $50 Billion contingency fund.
                  “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Blaze
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                    The whole tea bag terrorist thing is overblown. It's like the Democrats are hoping it will happen so they can exploit it. The thing is people in all the political parties are fed up with the lies and bullshit. It's not just Republicans. The thing is the tea baggers know violence won't help their cause and are doing everything they can to make sure it's peaceful protests. Basically, they are taking the Ghandi, Martin Luther King approach because it has a better chance of working than going ape shit. The whole redneck, gun toting, Timothy Mc Viegh, Nazi, Ku Klux Klan, White Power thing is Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Obama, and the left wind press on some fantasy trip. They are actually hoping and praying something tragic does happen so they can exploit it which is sick.
                    Grannies sometimes let bad people have milk and cookies .
                    And sometimes nice Grannies think the whole police department is just for them.
                    Besides we all know Grannies would never ploy to get sympathy.

Members of Quad Cities and St. Louis tea parties also made the trip. Many laughed as two men walked in front of the gathering, one of them holding a long tree branch.

Prosecutors say the militia plotted to kill police officers as a first step toward broader violence. Defense lawyers say it's just a case of irrational speech, not sedition.

sigpic

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                      To be fair Nick, the SWAT team was on the rooftops of several buildings. But you are correct, they were not marching down the street.
                      As they always have been in similar circumstances...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                        Which they don't. But God forbid if the Republicans don't entirely support Dodd's bill and want to make some changes...like give the enforcement power of financial reform back to Congress instead of the Obama Administration (and those after his). Hell, we can't have that, can we? And NO bailouts...NONE! Fuck that $50 Billion contingency fund.
                        Please tell us in detail why the fuck the legislative branch should take powers away from the executive one?

And you ought to put Herbert Hoover in your avatar, your ideas are far more in sync with his...

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                          Please tell us in detail why the fuck the legislative branch should take powers away from the executive one?
                          Take away powers from the executive branch? NO!!!!!

Obama is trying to take it away from Congress with this bill.
                          “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

After 8 years of Chimpy/Cheney "unitary executive" horseshit, you aren't in any position to bitch about an executive branch allegedly trying to take power.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...