Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

I don't think everyone should go to college. Some people would be better off learning a trade. Some would be better off starting a business right out of high school. I think college should be reserved for three types of people: 1) The anal type A people who get straight A's all the time, 2) The geniouses who just are naturally smart who don't get the best grades because they are bored in the system, 3) The rich kids, because in reality, you can't get rid of them. LOL!

College should be where other smart people can meet and brainstorm and it provides the equipment, labs, and instructors. I think we have lost vision of what it should be by expecting everyone to go and cluttering the place up with stupid degrees and people who shouldn't be there.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
      Why don't you go spend 10 hours digging a ditch when it's 100 degrees outside and then come back and say that.
      I'm putting in a new irrigation system. Send him over!
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Blaze
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by Nitro Express
        I'm putting in a new irrigation system. Send him over!
        Resist temptation resist temptation...
        awe just do it......just a bit of word.

Can the workers run naked under the sprinklers on the hot and balmy nights?

I amuse myself!
        "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
        sigpic

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Blaze

Can the workers run naked under the sprinklers on the hot and balmy nights?
          !
          just balmy nights, no combination of the two.
          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Blaze
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
            just balmy nights, no combination of the two.
            You can't have cool and balmy night?
            "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
            sigpic

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

balm·y (bäm)
              adj. balm·i·er, balm·i·est
              1. Having the quality or fragrance of balm; soothing.
              2. Mild and pleasant: a balmy breeze.
              3. Chiefly British Slang Eccentric in behavior
              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Jagermeister
                Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Hey 3 describes Blaze.

Comment

• Blaze
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

that does not say anything about temperature.
                  Hot and cold can be pleasant....
                  I feel this is one of those things I will just have to accept like the
                  Granted and Grant it, nuance.
                  I do think one can have a cool balmy night. Balmy is something in the air, not temperature.

I also think you should Grant it not granted. However, for the sake of society, I will conform.

Now, about running naked under the sprinklers on a hot night, which also happens to be an electric and delightful night. .....
                  sigpic

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                    Hey 3 describes Blaze.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Blaze

Now, about running naked under the sprinklers on a hot night, which also happens to be a electric and delightful night. .....
                      with a soothing scent.....

Comment

• Blaze
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                        with a soothing scent.....
                        Such as the scent of smoke from a roaring bonfire would be on a cool {balmy} night when running through sprinklers. :tongue0011:
                        sigpic

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

or a big fat joint

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                            I don't think everyone should go to college. Some people would be better off learning a trade. Some would be better off starting a business right out of high school. I think college should be reserved for three types of people: 1) The anal type A people who get straight A's all the time, 2) The geniouses who just are naturally smart who don't get the best grades because they are bored in the system, 3) The rich kids, because in reality, you can't get rid of them. LOL!

College should be where other smart people can meet and brainstorm and it provides the equipment, labs, and instructors. I think we have lost vision of what it should be by expecting everyone to go and cluttering the place up with stupid degrees and people who shouldn't be there.
                            The value of a college degree is a middle-class article of faith. But exclusive new research suggests it may be far less than previously thought.

Comment

Working...