Why we can't let these clowns get in office!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GAR
    Banned
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    All the politicians in Wyoming are running on how they are going to give education more money.
    That's all we hear in attack ads on the radio here in California "save the schools / children's education / saved Teacher's jobs" when any raises or extra money only get siphoned off by the unions, who are back to square one a mere 2 years later.

I think they save all that extra money, buy the ads years ahead of time, so they can cry the same boohoo every election cycle because it's too predictable.

Ads for Democrats here in CA are about as predictable a script as say, a new drug ad "do not take Spermiva if you have trouble retaining water, or regularly inhale oxygen as this may increase the risks of breathing."

"I voted for schools, saved millions of teacher's jobs, and I'm fighting to keep kids in schools in cages so they never escape."

Comment

• GAR
      Banned
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      I haven't heard that one before, to me it's funny.

So there are people against 'Big Education'?

Are these people who have been educated well or perhaps not...?
      I made the term up on the fly.. in 2002, up in Sacramento they were debating the defense of double-digit pay increases for State workers when Willie Brown was still speaker, fucking piece of shit former mayor SF.

Anyways, the Dems were saying then, that California had 7 straight years of budget windfalls, from the dot-com and real estate booming, so why should we save that money but repay the workers with that "excess?"

They called it excess, but that was "projected excess" by the state and edu teacher's unions. Along with a 10-billion dollar a year siphoning of taxes by the wetbacks, we're going to be in default if all these lazy state employees make it all the way to pension eligibility age, because those "projected" income excesses were only estimates and we've been in the hole 8 of 8 years since!

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

If you think things couldn't possibly be worse you are sadly mistaken.
        Things always can be worse. I haven't seen dead bodies in the streets yet and motherless children crying for food. We ain' Haiti yet but we are working on it.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
          I'm so flat out fucking sick of this shit, and this isn't aimed at anyone in particular, but the argument about fucking college, and how little it does for you is utterly ridiculous. You get out of college exactly what you put into it, and exactly what you want out of it. If you go to school and engage in a major that won't have a payout in the end, you get what you deserve. If you are a serious student, do your time and research...a college degree can still hold the weight they used to. These blanket fucking statements that degrees aren't worth the paper they are printed on is flat out wrong. No, it's the hands that hold the degrees that aren't worth their weight, and that's the ones handing out, and the ones taking.

But I guarantee you that if you head off to college, and actually learn something...choose the right major...and put your time in...will get exactly the same back...nine times out of ten.

The problem is that there's too much coasting...too much accepting mediocrity as high-level performance...and too much money...
          It's actually simple supply and demand. Right now the demand is for talented engineers. Most degrees won't land you a job because the market is flooded. In fact, I know people with master's degrees that are now doing stuff they did before college to make money because that's in more demand right now. When I went to college everyone went because that is what you did. It was the trend and it was way cheaper to go than it is now. Basically, it's become a racket and if you graduate in the wrong degree and take out big loans to do it, that's not so smart.

It's supply and demand. I don't care how hard you apply yourself. If you make the best buggy whip possible and it's now out of date because the Model T became affordable to the masses, you lose.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
            Mike Malloy thinks that if the teabaggers actually pull this off, and takeover, that the resulting disaster will be so overwhelming that it will shock people into reality and - one way or another - it would be the end of this bullshit.

It's an interesting theory, but the two problems I see with it are 1) A corrupt media which will continue to spew the corporatist line (Malloy, Olbermann, Hartmann and a few others not withstanding) and 2) Electro-Fraud machines which may well be used for outright theft this time around, as opposed to merely "deciding close elections" as in the past. That whole South Carolina primary with the unknown doofus winning was a test case for something, and the fact that the media seems convinced that someone like Russ Feingold could lose, is enough to make me believe they're not even bothering with the "margin of error" defense this time.

Until we get corporate money out of elections, and out of counting the votes there's only one way left to really change the system. And I hope it doesn't come to that......
            Wow. A liberal is saying a shoot um up bang revolution is coming. The tea baggers already have the guns and ammo Ford. The stores sold millions of rounds when Obama won the election. I couldn't buy any 9mm for months. What are you liberals going to fight with? Rocks?

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Hey Ford when you get ready to fire bomb Wal-Mart let me know.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                they must not be able to afford obamacare after payin' for their employee's eating habits.

SAO PAULO – A Brazilian court ruled this week that McDonald's must pay a former franchise manager $17,500 because he gained 65 pounds (30 kilograms) while working there for a dozen years.
                The 32-year-old man said he felt forced to sample the food each day to ensure quality standards remained high, because McDonald's hired "mystery clients" to randomly visit restaurants and report on the food, service and cleanliness.
                The man also said the company offered free lunches to employees, adding to his caloric intake while on the job. His identity was not released.
                It's nice to know Brazil is as fucked up as we are.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Being like Brazil is where the teabaggers are going to try to take you...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Being like Brazil is where the teabaggers are going to try to take you...
                    The tea baggers are going to make the national language Portuguese? The cars will run on 100% ethanol and we will drink some of that ethanol and have carnivals in the streets?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

You will have an incredible disparity between rich and poor with thousands of starving kids going through garbage heap in the cities fighting rats for scraps of food or cardboard to sell.

Like before the New Deal, the good old days...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

You will have an incredible disparity between rich and poor with thousands of starving kids going through garbage heap in the cities fighting rats for scraps of food or cardboard to sell.

Like before the New Deal, the good old days...
                        My great grandfather came to the US as a poor immigrant and died a rich man. He made his money before the New Deal and nobody locked him out. Right now we have more regulations on running a small business than ever. We don't need any more failed social programs all they do is make the population lazy.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Well as long as the profitability of your business is maximised who cares if half the country becomes like the 3rd world.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                            I'm so flat out fucking sick of this shit, and this isn't aimed at anyone in particular, but the argument about fucking college, and how little it does for you is utterly ridiculous. You get out of college exactly what you put into it, and exactly what you want out of it. If you go to school and engage in a major that won't have a payout in the end, you get what you deserve. If you are a serious student, do your time and research...a college degree can still hold the weight they used to. These blanket fucking statements that degrees aren't worth the paper they are printed on is flat out wrong. No, it's the hands that hold the degrees that aren't worth their weight, and that's the ones handing out, and the ones taking.

But I guarantee you that if you head off to college, and actually learn something...choose the right major...and put your time in...will get exactly the same back...nine times out of ten.

The problem is that there's too much coasting...too much accepting mediocrity as high-level performance...and too much money...
                            Yep! It's pretty well documented that ones' lifetime wages are in direct proportion to his or her education...

This jerked off notion that everyone should drop out of college, or avoid it entirely, so they can start the next Microsoft or Facecrook is sort of like dropping out of school and playing lots of basketball to win a huge NBA contract payday. In fact, you're probably more likely to achieve the latter statistically--though I have no way of proving that!
                            Last edited by Nickdfresh; 10-29-2010, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

In any case life isn't all about money. I'd rather be poor and wise than rich and ignorant.

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

In any case life isn't all about money. I'd rather be poor and wise than rich and ignorant.
                                I dunno...being poor and wise suggests nobility, as well as implies awareness, yet neither has a basis in fact. Being loaded and therefore blissfully unaware seems to be the better option, even if it means paying 30 bucks for a cheeseburger. After all, it's in and of itself a guilt-free existence, and you won't even notice the cost, ya know?
                                Last edited by chefcraig; 10-29-2010, 11:15 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...