• Show
Clear All
  • ace diamond
    Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
    haha! ace is punk drosting.....
    actually, no, i was totally sober.
    i actually put some thought into that whole thing before i posted it.
    I'm not sure quite how many brain cell I've got left that are functioning,
    but I put them to work last night when i put that post together.
    Originally posted by hideyoursheep
    When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
    "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• ace diamond
      Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      One of the problems with your post is Ozzy never wrote any of this.

I guess taking your political beliefs from an Australian bass player rather than an Australian billionaire media magnate is a step forward though...
      i'm well aware that ozzy is severely dislexic.
      i was never entirely certain of exactly who penned them, so i just gave the ozzman the credit.
      it's ace fucking stuff.
      oh, and sesh, thank you for the compliment.
      Originally posted by hideyoursheep
      When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
      "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• Jagermeister
        Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
        If they were smart, if being the operative word, they would use that as the carrot in any threats the Repubicans have for any bullshit hearings they want to hold for a "corrupt" government.....

The Dems should tell them, "go ahead, and the first hearing you announce, the International War Crimes trial will announce they're charging George W. Bush with war crimes for his admission that he tortured prisoners"......

But of course, that will never happen....

He didn't torture anyone for fuck sakes. He just approved the use of water boarding in interogationg the fucking enemy. I would have approved cutting off some fingers. That's torture.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Christopher Hitchens had the same opinion as you but the guts to try it.

It's interesting that after WWII the US hanged Japanese who had waterboarded aliied troops for torture.

<object width="960" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4LPubUCJv58?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x402061& amp;color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4LPubUCJv58?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x402061& amp;color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="960" height="745"></embed></object>

Secondly torture does NOT work in any case because people just tell you anything to make you stop.

Thirdly since most of the people in Guantanamo were picked up for money by tribesmen and finally released without charge who says they were 'enemies'? Other people who were tortured?

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Just seemed odd that one W's stated biggest regrets was when (to use his words) "Conway West" said that W didn't care about black people.

I guess it really isn't that odd in the sense that W never second-guesses the choices he made and is never sorry for anything he has done. Regardless of the long-term ramifications of the tax breaks he gave or invading Iraq, W will insist to his dying day that these were the right things to do and offer no apologies for doing them, or even admit that any of choices proved to be problematic.

Kinda weird how virtually no GOP candidates either in 2008 or 2010 wanted W to make appearances on their behalf or were seeking W's public endorsement. Speaks volumes, eh?
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

George W. Bush is a hard man to figure out. When he was running for election the first time I checked him out. I would ask people in Texas how they liked him as governor and they liked him. I talked to a lot of different people and I never heard one negative about Bush. I'm a small government guy so I decided to vote for Bush and man did I ever regret doing so. Oh well, the same shit probably would have happened under Gore. He turned out to be a scum bag as well.

The thing about Bush is he seemed to have just been a puppet while the sharks in his cabinet took over and ran things. Bush was out riding his mountain bike, during key working hours, while a war was going on and Dick Chenney was at the White House.

If anything, I think Bush was plain out of touch and out of his league. I don't think he was this evil guy with a hidden agenda. I think his handlers had the agenda.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                Just seemed odd that one W's stated biggest regrets was when (to use his words) "Conway West" said that W didn't care about black people.

I guess it really isn't that odd in the sense that W never second-guesses the choices he made and is never sorry for anything he has done. Regardless of the long-term ramifications of the tax breaks he gave or invading Iraq, W will insist to his dying day that these were the right things to do and offer no apologies for doing them, or even admit that any of choices proved to be problematic.

Kinda weird how virtually no GOP candidates either in 2008 or 2010 wanted W to make appearances on their behalf or were seeking W's public endorsement. Speaks volumes, eh?
                I remember my dad saying Herbert Walker Bush was a smart man but just seemed out of touch with the average American. His son W seems equally out of touch. I think the Bush's just live in a whole different universe than you and I.

Lawrence Rockefeller used to be a resident here in Jackson Hole. The Rockefeller family bought up a bunch of land and later donated it as Teton National Park. The Federal Reserve Bank has their annual summer retreat here every summer. You hear all these conspiracy theories about the Rockefeller family and the Federal Reserve. I know some people here who knew Lawrence Rockefeller well and they all have good things to say. Apparently he was a nice man and he did donate his ranch for public use after he died. One person who knew him well said the Rockefellers live in a different universe than you or I. He said what we might view as greed they view as responsibility. He said Lawrence at times would make comments that the banking elite and accademics were better at making decisions than the average citizen. He said not in a snotty way but in a matter of fact way Lawrence really believed his family and it's associates were better informed to make decisions for the world.

I certainly don't agree with that and it opens the door to abuse but I think the Bush family were of the same ilk. Kind of like how the Skull and Bones club set their watches five minutes ahead and call it bonesman time and the time we use barbarian time. To his credit, George W Bush for being raised under such elitism probably isn't as big of a snob as he could have been. Being raised like that just has to fuck with your head.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  I remember my dad saying Herbert Walker Bush was a smart man but just seemed out of touch with the average American. His son W seems equally out of touch. I think the Bush's just live in a whole different universe than you and I.

Lawrence Rockefeller used to be a resident here in Jackson Hole. The Rockefeller family bought up a bunch of land and later donated it as Teton National Park. The Federal Reserve Bank has their annual summer retreat here every summer. You hear all these conspiracy theories about the Rockefeller family and the Federal Reserve. I know some people here who knew Lawrence Rockefeller well and they all have good things to say. Apparently he was a nice man and he did donate his ranch for public use after he died. One person who knew him well said the Rockefellers live in a different universe than you or I. He said what we might view as greed they view as responsibility. He said Lawrence at times would make comments that the banking elite and accademics were better at making decisions than the average citizen. He said not in a snotty way but in a matter of fact way Lawrence really believed his family and it's associates were better informed to make decisions for the world.

I certainly don't agree with that and it opens the door to abuse but I think the Bush family were of the same ilk. Kind of like how the Skull and Bones club set their watches five minutes ahead and call it bonesman time and the time we use barbarian time. To his credit, George W Bush for being raised under such elitism probably isn't as big of a snob as he could have been. Being raised like that just has to fuck with your head.
                  What is surprising is how so many of W's supporters buy into the myth that he's an average guy from Texas, even though one must assume on a deeper level they must know better.

I mean, we can't choose what family we're born into, but the idea that W, who was educated at exclusive Northeastern prep schools, went to Yale and Harvard and was the son of a former president...the idea that he's some down-home, folksy good ole boy at heart...I think it's just bullshit.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...