• ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

So, I guess that means it's hogwash...

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

If Obama was smart he would step in and do something about the TSA because too many conservatives and liberals hate what's going on. Politicians can play one side off the other but when both sides hate it, you better get on with doing some thing about it or pay the next election.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
        Everyone in the Obama Administration is fucking loony. It's ok to photograph & run your hands on peoples genitals & breasts...but AZ police aren't allowed to ask for some beaners ID card.
        It's obvious they don't give a ratt's ass about real security. It's obvious they are power hungry, abusive nut bags.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
          So, I guess that means it's hogwash...

No just this bit.

Originally posted by FORD
          With such expensive counter-terrorism activities, both in terms of the hard-pressed taxpayers’ money and civil liberties, one would think that bombs were going off all over America. But, of course, they aren’t. There has not been a successful terrorist act since 9/11, and thousands of independent experts doubt the government’s explanation of that event.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

My brother in law works for L3 Communications. He's rolling in the dough and has no idea we are in an economic decline. His job is secure and he just got a raise.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
              It's obvious they don't give a ratt's ass about real security. It's obvious they are power hungry, abusive nut bags.
              It's also about fear.

There are a lot of people who get promoted to one job higher than they can do. You meet these people all the time in government and they are usually shitting themselves about losing their jobs because on a level deep down they know they aren't good enough and they have bills to pay like the rest of us.

Because they are shitting themselves, these people are terrified about being the person who the blame comes down on for anything. They picture themselves being interviewed

'So you gave a directive that children should not be patted down?'
              'Well..yes...but'
              'So do you accept that you are the one responsible for the bomb that went off today when a device was set off strapped to a child'
              'But..but..'

A lot of what people seem to think is Obama, or clever government trying to destroy your lives is just scared middle aged officials clinging on for retirement.

What you can do is try and keep rights through legislation or the constitution but don't expect them through procedures because the frightened bureaucrat will stretch them to the limit. As will the cop trying to up his conviction figures.

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Here's my first question...

Why exactly are airports being made hyper-secure ??

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  It's also about fear.

There are a lot of people who get promoted to one job higher than they can do. You meet these people all the time in government and they are usually shitting themselves about losing their jobs because on a level deep down they know they aren't good enough and they have bills to pay like the rest of us.

Because they are shitting themselves, these people are terrified about being the person who the blame comes down on for anything. They picture themselves being interviewed

'So you gave a directive that children should not be patted down?'
                  'Well..yes...but'
                  'So do you accept that you are the one responsible for the bomb that went off today when a device was set off strapped to a child'
                  'But..but..'

A lot of what people seem to think is Obama, or clever government trying to destroy your lives is just scared middle aged officials clinging on for retirement.

What you can do is try and keep rights through legislation or the constitution but don't expect them through procedures because the frightened bureaucrat will stretch them to the limit. As will the cop trying to up his conviction figures.
                  Yeah, and everything you said is all the more reason to rethink this whole security charade...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Because governments are always reactive rather than proactive.

As I've said before, all a would be terrorist needs to do is try to get on a plane with a stick of dynamite up his ass and it's internal exams for all of us...

Comment

• Jagermeister
                      Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

They don't. Just another example of the government shoveing something down your throat whether you like it or not.

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        Because governments are always reactive rather than proactive.

As I've said before, all a would be terrorist needs to do is try to get on a plane with a stick of dynamite up his ass and it's internal exams for all of us...
                        So where shall we draw the line ??

Is airplane security somehow making the world a safer place ??

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Not at all. It's just security theatre.

It's purpose if there is one is to make people feel better and that things are under control.

Kind of like religion.

Comment

• Blaze
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

I say Skirts and Kilts with no underpants are the way to go!
                            Groin group, please. Thank you.
                            May I have seconds?
                            "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                            sigpic

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Blaze
                              I say Skirts and Kilts with no underpants are the way to go!
                              words to live by.......

now go buy a sack of FFRAJ !!!!!! STAT!!!!!
                              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Blaze
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Ffraj ???
                                "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...