X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBadBrian
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    I want to make sure I understand what you mean when you say "your own beliefs"....

Are you saying that I have to believe some kind of invisible man up in the clouds and a talking snake, or whatever religion's equivalent mythological figures ??
    Nope. I'm saying everyone has a set of principles they guide their life by. To say religion will never come into play as to how a politician believes about a particular issue as a person is just unrealistic.

Of course, it's an industry that takes in billions of dollars from it's suckers, er, patrons every year, but doesn't pay a penny of taxes....
    Nor should they, or are we going to tax every other charitable organization also?
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
      Nope. I'm saying everyone has a set of principles they guide their life by. To say religion will never come into play as to how a politician believes about a particular issue as a person is just unrealistic.
      I have absolutely no problem with people believing in a set of principles, morals, or whatever you want to call them. If it makes you a better person, fantastic. My problem is in the belief of an obviously fictitious volume of books.... And for politicians to include that fiction into issues that affect people's lives is flat-out wrong...

Nor should they, or are we going to tax every other charitable organization also?
      You aren't seriously trying to proclaim that the majority of a church's donations are used for charity, are you ??
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Dr. Love
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Those that knock religion are just uncomfortable with their own beliefs. What are your beliefs? Do you even have any?

Why are you heathens so upset when elected officials base decisions on their own beliefs? Does that make you uncomfortable? Everyone has a moral compass, but you heathens have a compass that is broke.
        The great ironicy here is that Brian is implying that non-religious people are too stupid to come up with an acceptable moral code without someone telling them what it should be.
        Last edited by Dr. Love; 09-25-2011, 01:47 PM.
        I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Dr. Love
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

I'll humor him, what the hell...

I'd rather my elected officials speak and make decisions from a conviction that is founded on logic and reason, and that when necessary, did what they believed was right based on their own convictions when there was not definitive proof and a decision had to be made anyway. I don't want my officials speaking and making decisions based on what they think God would want them to do, nor do I want them to act based on what their religious conviction tells them they should do.

When a leader acts based on faith, what makes their actions any more or less justified (and justifiable) than other religiously driven groups (such as iran or the taliban)? We look at those groups and condemn their actions -- but is it because we don't like them making decisions that are justified by their faith, or that we simply don't agree with their faith?
          I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• BigBadBrian
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
            The great ironicy here is that Brian is implying that non-religious people are too stupid to come up with an acceptable moral code without someone telling them what it should be.
            Nope. I'm not saying that at all.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              I have absolutely no problem with people believing in a set of principles, morals, or whatever you want to call them. If it makes you a better person, fantastic. My problem is in the belief of an obviously fictitious volume of books....
              Most of the Old and New Testaments are extremely historical in nature. You can't prove any of it is fiction. Instead, you need to mock those who believe because you are unsure of yourself.

And for politicians to include that fiction into issues that affect people's lives is flat-out wrong...
              No, it's not. It's no more wrong to include stuff from the bible than the liberal drivel you obviously read about form you opinions from.

You aren't seriously trying to proclaim that the majority of a church's donations are used for charity, are you ??
              It doesn't really matter what they are used for, does it? Building payments, mission trips, staff salary, helping the needy...it's all good. You ever see what percentage of donations to other charities are used for actual charitable purposes?

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

There are certainly legitimate religious based charities. On the other hand, there are also scams like Pat Robertson's "Operation Blessing" which is really a money laundering scam for his African diamond mines. And there's nothing at all "charitable" or "Christian" about right wing political funding.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Most of the Old and New Testaments are extremely historical in nature. You can't prove any of it is fiction.
                  That's one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever read on this site.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    That's one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever read on this site.
                    He's daring you to PROVE a negative based on a BELIEF.......

The double standard, hypocritical, pick and choose GALL of the Pseudo-Christian is mind-boggling..... [and quite funny]
                    Originally posted by Kristy
                    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                    Originally posted by cadaverdog
                    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Most of the Old and New Testaments are extremely historical in nature. You can't prove any of it is fiction.
                        So you KNOW the earth is 6,000 years old?

Link please

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Michael Seaver from Growing Pains and his friend Ray Closetcase demonstrate Our Lord's Intelligent Design.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Holy shit FORD I take it you put that up as a joke.

Apart from the absolute ridiculousness of the argument that because out of all the vegetation on the Earth because one of them is cool that proves God exists is as dumb as saying that because there are some mushrooms that are poisonous that proves there is no God.

But beyond that and the most STUPID AS FUCK thing about that idiotic video is that bananas are a human invention. Bananas originally were full of seeds which people cultivated out of them artificially via hybrids.

Even fucking funnier in the context of this they did that around 5000 BC which according to the people who believe in the historical bible was before the Earth was magicked up by the invisible cloud daddy.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah,it was a joke, mostly because that Ray guy looks like he'd really rather be eating a different sort of "banana"

Even if you did believe that every species on this planet was designed by God in its current form, it's a special kind of arrogance to assume He would have done so just for the benefit of human consumption.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think maybe one of the most arrogant things of all is actors who thank god in their acceptance speeches for awards.

If you think about that, they are saying that there is a supreme being who created a trillion stars in the universe who has personally intervened to make them win a prize for dressing up and pretending, in preference to 4 other bozos he didn't like as much.

Comment

Working...