X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by jhale667
    How is a 17-yerar old going to legally pack a weapon?
    I didn't say legally, did I ??

But I would imagine Treyvon, being a young black male in Miami, owned or has owned an illegal gun or two...

Comment

• So this is love
      Veteran
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by ELVIS
      The bad guys will always have guns, ALWAYS, whether they are legal or not...

Advocating tough gun laws based on the assumption that some people are "closet psychos" is what's fucked in the head...

Disarming the public is dangerous. It leaves people as defenseless victims on their day-to-day routines...

A big bad (insert color here_________) thug will think twice about robbing grandma if he thinks grandma is packing heat...

Hummm...if you need a gun to perform your daily routine Elvis than you are living in a third world country.
      Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Jagermeister
        Gun control is joke.
        People who showed up packing at the Gabby Giffords debacle admittedly almost fired at people trying to subdue the true shit bag. You CAN NOT just have people who are purty good at target practice, show up and fire into a crowd! I know, you're gonna tell me how that would've been a fluke and that people should still be able to pack heat, ready to fire at will, where ever they want. Yeah, that's a civil society. Please. May your kids never open that Nike shoe box on the top shelf of your closet. Even responsible people fuck up abysmally with their little kill toys.

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

The state legislature of Arizona has passed a bill that vastly broadens telephone harassment laws and applies them to the Internet and other means of electronic communication.

The law, which is being pushed under the guise of an anti-bullying campaign, would mean that anything communicated or published online that was deemed to be “offensive” by the state, including editorials, illustrations, and even satire could be criminally punished.
          So you can't text to someone they are an asshole but sending the same message via a stamped letter is okay? First off, this was reported by Jones & Co. so take that for what it's worth. If only I could achieve to be that paranoid (*fingers crossed*). Second, this has nothing to do with cyber bullying as much as it does political criticism. Even if it was passed in that god-awful state of Arizona's House, it would be shot down once the ACLU and any other tired ambulance chasing lawyer brought it to the Supreme Court. And the lawsuits will come.

Comment

• Jagermeister
            Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
            People who showed up packing at the Gabby Giffords debacle admittedly almost fired at people trying to subdue the true shit bag. You CAN NOT just have people who are purty good at target practice, show up and fire into a crowd! I know, you're gonna tell me how that would've been a fluke and that people should still be able to pack heat, ready to fire at will, where ever they want. Yeah, that's a civil society. Please. May your kids never open that Nike shoe box on the top shelf of your closet. Even responsible people fuck up abysmally with their little kill toys.
            I'm not even sure where that came from but ok. Of course people fuck up. duh!

My kids are both well trained in the proper use of a firearm. I don't worry in the least that they would touch a gun without me being present.

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

The Supreme Court's rejection of Chicago's handgun ban in McDonald v. City of Chicago is more than a recognition that the Second Amendment applies to the states as well as the federal government. The McDonald decision is a harbinger for the end of gun prohibition as an idea. The simple, undeniable truth is that gun control does not work.
              Actually, gun control does work. It's the bullshit laws that do not. Being the owner of two 9mm's and a 22, and a Winchester 30-30, I have taken classes on gun safety, regulation, and laws and can tell you it's more of a hassle carrying a gun than shooting it.

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

My kids are both well trained in the proper use of a firearm.
                You let your children handle g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-guns ????????

Say it ain't so !!

Those guns could kill your children!!!

You should have your children taken from you, terrorist!!!

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Kristy
                  Actually, gun control does work. It's the bullshit laws that do not. Being the owner of two 9mm's and a 22, and a Winchester 30-30, I have taken classes on gun safety, regulation, and laws and can tell you it's more of a hassle carrying a gun than shooting it.
                  You need a Crossbreed Holster!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I'm truly glad you're confident with that. My trouble with the hole "gun control is a joke" angle is that responsible gun owners are against more strict gun laws only because they would greatly impede their access to more guns. Sure, gun control is just one more cause that is not unlike putting a volcano out with a garden hose, but ffs, the cause is just. Bad apples will always ruin things for the whole bunch.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                      Those classes should be mandatory. If you have to prove you are capable of safely driving a car before you can legally do so, how the hell can it be any less so for a gun?

I have never had a problem with sane, law-abiding adults who are capable of handling guns responsibly owning them, if they choose to do so. But this gun show loophole has got to end. Anyone who can't pass a background check because they're a felon, a lunatic, or both should not be able to get around that by going to a gun show and buying weapons from someone who is likely as fucked in the head as they are.

Whomever sold a weapon to Jared Loughner, the DC sniper, that guy who shot up Virginia Tech, the adult friends who bought the weapons for the two douchebags at Columbine (minors who couldn't buy themselves) - these people should be charged with the murders that they are directly responsible for, by putting weapons in the hands of mental cases who obviously wouldn't have passed the background check. The DC sniper got his rifle from a licensed gun shop, though the owner of the shop claims he stole it. Which is not likely, as the gun shop in question is about as secure as Fort Knox. The bastard obviously sold it "under the table" when John Allen Muhammad failed to pass the background check.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

FORD, it's as easy to buy an illegal firearm off the street as it is to buy a bag of weed...

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

I didn't say legally, did I ??

But I would imagine Treyvon, being a young black male in Miami, owned or has owned an illegal gun or two...

Yeah, because weak-minded racist f***tards like you think stereotypes are true...idiot. The kid was looking at colleges, probably not even remotely "thugish", as much as you'd like to think otherwise.

Did your parents have any kids that LIVED, btw?
                          Originally posted by conmee
                          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                          Originally posted by eddie78
                          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                            Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

You let your children handle g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-guns ????????

Say it ain't so !!

Those guns could kill your children!!!

You should have your children taken from you, terrorist!!!

No shit.

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                              Those classes should be mandatory. If you have to prove you are capable of safely driving a car before you can legally do so, how the hell can it be any less so for a gun?

I have never had a problem with sane, law-abiding adults who are capable of handling guns responsibly owning them, if they choose to do so. But this gun show loophole has got to end. Anyone who can't pass a background check because they're a felon, a lunatic, or both should not be able to get around that by going to a gun show and buying weapons from someone who is likely as fucked in the head as they are.
                              Exactly. If you are to own a gun, you should also be aware of the damage it can do and the implications and reprisals if you ever have to use it on another human being. Simply stating you want a gun for "protection" is a lame excuse in my book because most people who say that have never owned a weapon before in their life. When I bought my first 9mm, the classes I took were a bit of a joke. Being a woman, you were talked down to and there was too much macho insecurity and insults coming from racist, misogynist rednecks who were a bit scary. I ended up hiring a private instructor who taught me a lot about not only safety but the gun laws currently on most books.

And you're right, most people who own a gun whether for protection or sportsmanship are law-abiding people who understand a gun is basically a lethal tool over let's say being a hobby.

As for Columbine, Loughner, et al. with all the outside arguments aside such as blaming Marlyin Manson, violent video games, social class differences, and even bullying these people who highly unstable to begin with. A person in that state doesn't care about maintaining any recourse to laws, safety and certainly has no respect for his fellow human being life (even if they disagree with them) and a gun is a means to an end so to say.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                                Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                                I'm truly glad you're confident with that. My trouble with the hole "gun control is a joke" angle is that responsible gun owners are against more strict gun laws only because they would greatly impede their access to more guns. Sure, gun control is just one more cause that is not unlike putting a volcano out with a garden hose, but ffs, the cause is just. Bad apples will always ruin things for the whole bunch.
                                I don't think that's really true at least not in my mind. No one is going to impede my access to more guns they will just slow me down. Criminals don't care they just steel all the guns they want. Happens all the time. That stupid fucking assault weapon ban that finally expired didn't stop a damn thing. I am against more strict gun laws becasue they don't work. I'll give you some more examples here in a sec.

Comment

Working...