President Obama finally "evolves" in his views on marriage equality.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    Mittens was a douche, and I'd NEVER vote for him. But what he did was 50 years ago and I won't hold it against him. But BBB's comments here are a bit Nazi'riffic! I think Brian once semi-advocated pushing gay sailors off the side of a ship...
    Has Mittens really changed all that much though? He may not be tackling gay kids in the hallway and giving them haircuts anymore, but he's still a bully. Just ask his dog Seamus. Or anybody who worked for a company that was destroyed by Bain Capital. But the funny thing is hearing Mittens claim to be an advocate of the "Biblical tradition" of marriage of one man and one woman, when his grandfather left the country, and his dad was born in Mexico, because they believed in the actual Biblical tradition of one man and however many women he was able to keep fucking for eternity.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Mittens was a douche, and I'd NEVER vote for him. But what he did was 50 years ago and I won't hold it against him. But BBB's comments here are a bit Nazi'riffic! I think Brian once semi-advocated pushing gay sailors off the side of a ship...
      He lost my vote when he said Dick Cheney would make a wonderful vice president. With Darth Dick with a new ticker, Mitt might just put him back there.

Also, he lost me when he said corporations are people. Stockholders are people, corporations are a legal entity. It's We The People not We The Corporation.

A city mayor once told me a city could run five years without a mayor. As long as there is money to pay the payroll the city workers will pick up the trash, police the streets, and keep the sewers and water working. Sometimes I think we should try that with congress and the presidency. LOL!
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
        Has Mittens really changed all that much though? He may not be tackling gay kids in the hallway and giving them haircuts anymore, but he's still a bully. Just ask his dog Seamus. Or anybody who worked for a company that was destroyed by Bain Capital. But the funny thing is hearing Mittens claim to be an advocate of the "Biblical tradition" of marriage of one man and one woman, when his grandfather left the country, and his dad was born in Mexico, because they believed in the actual Biblical tradition of one man and however many women he was able to keep fucking for eternity.
        Some ran to Mexico, some ran to Alberta and some got sent to federal prison. I have relatives in Alberta because of the polygamy exodus. My great great grandfather did time in federal prison for polygamy. I never could figure out why my mom had so many aunts. We were always visiting aunt so and so. There were a zillion of them. If you went to a family reunion people would ask what wife you came from. My dad's side were just immigrants from Norway and were normal. The polygamy was on my mom's side and those people were nuts. LOL!

Honestly, that's why I believe in keeping marriage simple. One man and one woman is fine with me. As soon as you make that more exotic you open pandora's box.
        Last edited by Nitro Express; 05-13-2012, 04:07 AM.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by fourthcoming
          If they want to be miserable like millions of heterosexuals who divorce at a rate of almost 25% yearly, let em.
          In the US 50% percent of first marriages, 67% of second and 74% of third marriages end in divorce.

Comment

• Dr. Love
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

That's because the only people remarrying are the ones that didn't learn their lesson the first (or second or third) time.
            I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Such cynicism in one so young...

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Or being hounded in high school by fucking retards...
                Which is why a lot of them choose to hide who they truly are. Either way it's a crummy existence.
                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Angel
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                  Which is why a lot of them choose to hide who they truly are. Either way it's a crummy existence.
                  Yes, it is.
                  "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    In the US 50% percent of first marriages, 67% of second and 74% of third marriages end in divorce.
                    The higher rate the second and third time reflects the fact that by then, you've pretty much lowered your expectations and simply ceased trying, let alone giving a shit.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

The problem is that pesky "death do us part" line. It needs to be changed to "until one of us wakes up and realizes the other is a butt plug, or we descend into assholery ourselves."

Might be a mood-killer but could solve a few problems.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                        Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by sadaist
                        Because, there is a few, a very few,.. loud mouthed assholes, who yell at, "all Homosexuals" that if you aren't running up and down the street naked painted in glitter and talking evreyday, all day, like a overly effected prison
                        victim, that you are a wrong type of homosexual person.

These overly effected screamers are all over the media demanding,.. this rights issue (marriage) and many other identity crisis things that make Homos look like idiots.

I am sure there are more Homos than not, that never even knew what this closet thing is people keep talking about coming out of.
                        Last edited by clarathecarrot; 05-14-2012, 03:58 PM.
                        2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                        clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                          Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by chefcraig
                          The higher rate the second and third time reflects the fact that by then, you've pretty much lowered your expectations and simply ceased trying, let alone giving a shit.
                          What people are doing is trying to make happen, what failed in the first marriage I guess..?

I have formerly asked 2 women well, one... I gave a blue topaz necklace and earing and ring set to... then asked (diamond after the yes) that I picked up in the carribean, 800 bucks there, maybe worth 2K here maybe..? kinda cheap I guess, but the other I bought the diamond ring, to ask.

Both said no thank god ...I realized I am the kinda guy for everything else just not commitment.

They knew it to...why.. I like women, way down deep inside they are smarter, than us dudes... think.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                            Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
                            The problem is that pesky "death do us part" line. It needs to be changed to "until one of us wakes up and realizes the other is a butt plug, or we descend into assholery ourselves."

Might be a mood-killer but could solve a few problems.

One of my X girlfriends and I, she has been married 2 times ,10 years and 17 years, came to a idea that people should be married via contract like now with all the solid commitment of a formal traditional ceremony, no bullshit changes to it at all, real deal stuff.

But, these contracts should be issued for 10 years or 5 ...but no more and no less.

10 or 5... that's it or it would just get stupid ..10 gives people the time to really work thru their issues and the children's needs...5 gives them time to work thru all the issues but if it is bad save some heartache despite what is best for the kids.

Renewing would just be going to the court house and signing off again..simple. Gubment want a fee maybe 10 bucks i don't know...bla bla...

But,.. maybe you all don't realize it, from the way I post,.... I am actually not the king of the world.

P.S. Divorce would follow the rules of the state but not hold the connotations of failure......continual renewal would secure a couples bond and become as though they never even needed the contract.
                            Last edited by clarathecarrot; 05-14-2012, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Of all the friggin times to accidentally hit the thank button while scrolling on an I-pod.

Comment

• sadaist
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                                Of all the friggin times to accidentally hit the thank button while scrolling on an I-pod.
                                lol

awww. I feel bad for you. here, I will "thank" that post too. Then you can blame mob mentality or something?

Think of it this way....you thanked them for proving why you disagree with them? For making a stupid post?
                                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...