Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacksmar
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

By the way Knicki, will I see any of the RothArmy faithful at USGP in Austin this year?
    A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
      i'm curious to know how much the electric bill at home has gone up for chevy volt owners
      Here's a Volt owner in Colliefornia who posted his own electric bill. Looks like it cost him about $20 a month. Of course, his sampled bill was in January, so it may vary in other months.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Von Halen
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by jacksmar
        There's nothing gay about paddle shifters Knicki other than people like you don't know to use them.

First: Ford Automotive have been developing direct-injection twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6 engines. Fuel economy is 8% higher.

And as a commie lib democrat you're correct about the UAW and fuel economy. They don't care just as long as NON UNION people bailed their useless asses out.

Oil and the UAW are to blame for the types of cars we drive. If in the 70's we had pushed both aside the fuel economy on cars would be much higher.

There is soooooooooooo much difference between an Indycar and a Formula One car that you have no clue about and would be best not to comment. You're out of your league, stay with NASCAR.

And Formula One did run this year in Bahrain and will run in Abu Dhabi. Why?

O-I-L

That's how it is.
        The paddle shifters are a decent novelty. But I'd much rather bang the gears on a good old fashioned stick shift. With a clutch, I might add.

Rumor on the streets of Detroit is, the EcoBoost engine is experiencing overheating issues when towing. Personally, I think when the bugs are worked out, it will be badass. Love to see the same concept on a V8. Fuck fuel economy. I am for POWER!

The UAW and GOVERNMENT are to blame for the 70's, and what has gone on since. Do you really believe the guys in Washington aren't interested in the money the oil business generates? That they aren't lining their own pockets? That it's not political as to why we are not tapping into the oil that North America is sitting on? We have so much oil under us, we could tell the foriegners to fuck off. That is not in the best interest of the politicians, or we'd have already done it.

Formula One cars and their technology are light years ahead of Indycar. Not even close. Fortunately as I said earlier, I prefer power. That's why I pay more attention to the fire breathing 8000 horsepower Top Fuel vehicles.

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
          Here's a Volt owner in Colliefornia who posted his own electric bill. Looks like it cost him about $20 a month. Of course, his sampled bill was in January, so it may vary in other months.

http://www.mychevroletvolt.com/first...icity-bill-pge
          And once these things are plugged in all over America, and everywhere else, where are we going to get the power to supply the electricity needed to charge them? Build more power plants? Of what Variety? Nuclear? Coal fired? We sure as hell can't supply juice to all these cars with our current power plant infrastructure.

How much more pollution is going to be generated by using even more electricity than we do now?

It is 6 of one, half dozen of the other. A fucking scam to keep lining politicians pockets. They are just figuring out new ways to go about it.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
            I can't find the button marked "fuckwit."
            Right on your forehead...

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Von Halen
              And once these things are plugged in all over America, and everywhere else, where are we going to get the power to supply the electricity needed to charge them? Build more power plants? Of what Variety? Nuclear? Coal fired? We sure as hell can't supply juice to all these cars with our current power plant infrastructure.

How much more pollution is going to be generated by using even more electricity than we do now?

It is 6 of one, half dozen of the other. A fucking scam to keep lining politicians pockets. They are just figuring out new ways to go about it.
              this is kinda what i'm thinkin'. az could have a hybrid in every driveway, but will that just dry up the colorado river in 6 months?
              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• jacksmar
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

It's just a preference for me actually. When I went from the paddle shifter on the kart to a formula Ford the manual "stick" shifter was hard to get used to again.
                I like horsepower too. It's sad the cars at Indy were faster and better balanced in 1992 than the DW12 Chevy powered of 2012.

The only reason I said the UAW and OIL in the 70's was because Nixon wanted the UAW to get him elected and he played both sides of the issue with OPEC. Ultimately, the US made passenger car was shit for a number of years. Remember the 1976 Ford Mustang? A Pinto on a different chassis.

Oil will run the US and capitalism for years beyond my life span.

That's how it is.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah, definitely an upgrade to the power grid would be required, if electric cars are going to be the norm.

Or better still, take them off the grid entirely. It shouldn't be that difficult to build a self-contained home charging station, either solar or wind powered (depending on which one works better in your local climate.) A commercial version of these charging stations could be implemented at hotel and motel chains, for when you're on the road.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• jacksmar
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

TARD,
                    They don't come off the grid for a reason. Measured service. Similar law: http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/90.536
                    Who wrote this?

WiTricity is working with Audi for auto charging but stations will remain on the grid. Solar and wind powered charging stations are too unreliable.
                    Back to the topic.......

You won't replace oil anytime soon. Don't think it will ever happen as long as there is a military to keep ready, a government that needs to run way past lights out, and a bunch a selfish assholes that keep getting paid every time you flick a light switch. By the way, thanks for the checks.

That's how it is.
                    Last edited by jacksmar; 07-10-2012, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                      Right on your forehead...
                      Maybe your wife can hit it after sitting on my face?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The only reason I said the UAW and OIL in the 70's was because Nixon wanted the UAW to get him elected and he played both sides of the issue with OPEC. Ultimately, the US made passenger car was shit for a number of years. Remember the 1976 Ford Mustang? A Pinto on a different chassis.

The UAW doesn't design cars, it was the typical attitude of the big three that small, economical cars were cheap starter cars and didn't need to last nor require much R&D. That's why the Japanese handed them their asses...

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

TARD,
                          They don't come off the grid for a reason. Measured service. Similar law: http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/90.536
                          Who wrote this?

WiTricity is working with Audi for auto charging but stations will remain on the grid. Solar and wind powered charging stations are too unreliable.
                          I'm not sure how quoting a subsection of the state of Oregon's Landlord/Tenant law has any relevance to a self-contained solar/wind charging station for electric cars, but I guess your employers in the KKKoch Brothers call center only have so many canned responses to support their talking points.

Back to the topic.......

You won't replace oil anytime soon. Don't think it will ever happen as long as there is a military to keep ready, a government that needs to run way past lights out, and a bunch a selfish assholes that keep getting paid every time you flick a light switch. By the way, thanks for the checks.

That's how it is.
                          And as long as idiots like yourself continue to tell yourself that, and vote in morons who act on those policies because they personally profit from them (BCE) then that's how it will be.

But as a great man, Robert Francis Kennedy once said, "Some men see things as they are and say, 'Why'? I dream of things that never were and say, 'Why not'?"

Why not, indeed?
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• WACF
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

California's coal plants are dirtier than the Oil Sands...but we always hear about dirty Canadian oil.

For some reason many do not want to think about it.

Winds farms use generators to keep the turbines turning on some days....solar and wind farms are being heavily subsidized by governemnts in Europe and in some cases abandoned.

In some places it works...in many it does not.

In cold climates those battery cars will not work...you need an engine to generate heat...

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by WACF
                              In cold climates those battery cars will not work...you need an engine to generate heat...
                              That could well be a problem.... but just as they have "engine block warmers" in many newer vehicles, there could be a "battery block warmer" in the electric cars, also powered by the same solar/wind charging stations. This technology may well take a while to perfect, but hybrids would still be a step in the right direction for such people. Even if you had to burn petroleum and/or biofuels for the winter months, you could still go emission free the other half of the year.

If you live someplace where it's colder longer than that, you're probably traveling by dog sled half the time anyway.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• jhale667
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                                But as a great man, Robert Francis Kennedy once said, "Some men see things as they are and say, 'Why'? I dream of things that never were and say, 'Why not'?"

Why not, indeed?
                                Kennedy was actually quoting George Bernard Shaw there, but totaly agree...
                                Originally posted by conmee
                                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                                Originally posted by eddie78
                                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

Working...