Ha Ha....Republican Governors Refuse To Help Mittens By Proclaiming Recovery....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Love
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    Yes, let's gloss over the filibustering again....
    How long did the dems have a supermajority again? Or are we glossing over that too?
    I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah, the cowardice of Spineless Harry Reid can't be forgotten. Nor can the fact that he calls himself a "majority" leader, yet fails to realize that in the Senate, Majority means 50 votes and a vice president to break the tie. Most of the so-called "filibusters" were only actually threats of filibusters. I say let them act like fucking idiots with the C-Span cameras rolling. Those sort of stunts only win fans when the filibuster is clearly done for the benefit of the people, such as the classic Bernie Sanders marathon performance from a couple years back.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Dr. Love
        How long did the dems have a supermajority again? Or are we glossing over that too?
        What are you defining as a supermajority? 60 votes? The 111th Congress only had 60 Democratic/Independent votes for about six months during that two year period...
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
          Most of the so-called "filibusters" were only actually threats of filibusters. I say let them act like fucking idiots with the C-Span cameras rolling. Those sort of stunts only win fans when the filibuster is clearly done for the benefit of the people, such as the classic Bernie Sanders marathon performance from a couple years back.
          And that's the point - Today's rules don't force them to filibuster, just a threat to do it is sufficient....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Dr. Love
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

And that's the point - Today's rules don't force them to filibuster, just a threat to do it is sufficient....
            So why don't they change them? I believe each class has the power to do that when they define the legislative rules for that term?

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

So why don't they change them? I believe each class has the power to do that when they define the legislative rules for that term?
              I really don't know the answer to that, to be honest...

Comment

• Dr. Love
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Probably because neither side wants to lose the ability to thwart the other

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Reid should have done exactly that, on the first day of the new Senate in 2011 (rules can only be changed at that time). But as I said, he's a spineless coward. And you know he's getting some pressure from his friends in SLC to do whatever he can to make things easier for Mittens.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• knuckleboner
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

a supermajority in the senate doesn't mean much when it requires you to get bernie sanders and ben nelson to agree.

Comment

• knuckleboner
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

I really don't know the answer to that, to be honest...
                      because, in all honesty, while a simple majority of senators can change the rules, the current rules allow for filibustering rules changes. meaning...you need to be able to beat a filibuster, in order to beat a filibuster. good times...

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Yeah, the cowardice of Spineless Harry Reid can't be forgotten. Nor can the fact that he calls himself a "majority" leader, yet fails to realize that in the Senate, Majority means 50 votes and a vice president to break the tie. Most of the so-called "filibusters" were only actually threats of filibusters. I say let them act like fucking idiots with the C-Span cameras rolling. Those sort of stunts only win fans when the filibuster is clearly done for the benefit of the people, such as the classic Bernie Sanders marathon performance from a couple years back.
                        I think it's time for you to distance yourself from such an evil and corrupt party like your hero Rocky Anderson did...

"I'm done with the Democratic Party. I've put my 'Proud Democrat' coffee mug in storage. I think now I'll just throw it in the garbage and have done with it. The Constitution has been eviscerated while Democrats have stood by with nary a whimper. It is a gutless, unprincipled party, bought and paid for by the same interests that buy and pay for the Republican Party."

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Already did that. I never thought the DNC could do worse than Terry McUseless as a chairman, until they brought in Tim Kaine, whose single accomplishment as DNC chair was to create some STUPID "Circle D" party logo. Oh, and he managed to lose Ted Kennedy's senate seat to a Repuke who was best known for posing nude in a magazine sold to women in grocery stores, if you can call that an accomplishment.

And now they brought in Debbie Scatterbrained Lush, who makes Kaine and McUseless look competent by comparison. Best buddie to the wackjobs in Florida who are still waiting for Batista to rise up from Hell and restore Cuba to the glorious right wing mob/fascist/BCE colony it once was.

Howard Dean resurrected the Democratic Party from the dead when he was chairman, but the fucking idiots threw it all away and handed it right back to the Republican infiltrators who ruined it in the first place. It's not easy for me to completely denounce the party I've been an active member of since I was 14, but losing Teddy's seat, and the party not doing a goddamn thing to support ACTUAL Democrats like Russ Feingold, Alan Grayson, and yeah, even Anthony Weiner, while promoting weak pathetic candidates like Martha Coakley and Tom Barrett and then wondering how complete MORONS like Cosmo Brown and KKKoch Whore Scott Walker manage to get elected.

I'm fucking done.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

I have no idea what you see in Howard Dean...

He said some of the right things, but he has this gutless aura about him that makes him look just like all the other gutless crooks...

And Weiner ??

C'mon dude, that was good riddance...

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

I'm fucking done.
                              Well good...

Now go to this website and report back...

Comment

• Dr. Love
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by knuckleboner
                                a supermajority in the senate doesn't mean much when it requires you to get bernie sanders and ben nelson to agree.
                                That's where strong, effective and more importantly PRESENT leadership is important. Am I the only one that remembers Obama doing/saying practically nothing for an entire summer while the whole thing got beat to hell by republicans?

Comment

Working...