X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jesus Christ
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
    And I seriously doubt anyone gives a crap about Norris' religion, but when you make Repuke dog-whistle PSA pandering to zealotards about "1,000 years of darkness" (which you'd think since they WANT the rapture to take place, if the POTUS was the antichrist they'd be ALL FOR HIM, let's get the end-times-a-rollin'!!), that's when you're no longer deserving of respect.
    Not only that, but his understanding of Scripture is totally backwards...

The reign of the Anti-Me will only be SEVEN years of darkness, followed by My 1000 year reign on Earth.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
      This might be a bit off topic.
      Through my life, I didn't know much about chinese people and their culture at all. So when I started working in a shop of a brand that chinese people LOVE, it came as a bit of shock. They are SO different from us. I mean their culture and behaivor. And all of my colleagues have the same story.
      Why are they like that?? Do you know, since your dad was there and you know some of them.
      Not only know some of them. Considered family. My oldest daughter was with me when I paid some Chinese friends a visit. They told her all sorts of stories about me because they lived in Hong Kong when we did. I just joked and told her she didn't know she had a Chinese aunt and uncle. LOL! Yeah, you have to take everything you grew up with in the west and throw it out the window to understand Chinese culture and then of course southern Chinese culture is different than northern Chinese culture. The most important thing to know is never make them lose face. Never insult them or make them look foolish in public. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. They also love red. It's the good luck color. They have some wild looking houses. Bright red walls are common.

There are also important protocols to follow. You visit the older relatives first. If you visit cousin number five before cousin number 3 and he finds out about it, it's not good. I did this in San Fransisco but then cousin number three had to outdo cousin number five and we ended up having this huge ten course meal in some neighborhood Chinese restaurant that put to shame anything in Chinatown. Then of course you know you are in the club when you eat what they eat and actually enjoy it and you really can use chopsticks. Then there are the giggles and comments, you wouldn't have this in a so called American Chinese restaurant. If you say that in Cantonese then you are dyed in the wool in the club.

I've been around it my whole life so when I'm around Chinese it's like I throw a switch in my head and I go into Chinese mode. Western culture and Chinese culture are so different you have to do the because they just don't mix well.
      Last edited by Nitro Express; 09-11-2012, 04:11 AM.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Jesus Christ
        Not only that, but his understanding of Scripture is totally backwards...

The reign of the Anti-Me will only be SEVEN years of darkness, followed by My 1000 year reign on Earth.
        What's with this thousand years shit? Everyone from Hitler to Jesus is into the 1000 year rein. Why not one million years? Think big! Everyone just wants 1000 years.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• SunisinuS
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • May 2010

"Intersteller Facial Full"

Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Jesus Christ
            Veteran
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            What's with this thousand years shit? Everyone from Hitler to Jesus is into the 1000 year rein. Why not one million years? Think big! Everyone just wants 1000 years.
            Hitler stole the idea from Me.

Of course his whole attempt to be Me kinda fell apart when he started killing My people.

And My 1000 year reign is on this earth. But Dad and I will be in charge permanently up here in Heaven.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

According to the bible myth you did fuck all up until 30(carpentry and cruising?) and then got fed up after a few years so I think you're too much of a lightweight do anything for 1000 years.

Of course we know now 1000 years is a tiny blink of an eye in terms of the universe but to be fair these stories were invented by iron age goat herders....

Comment

Working...