• Show
Clear All
  • MUSICMANN
    Sniper
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
    Utter bullshit.

You must be anal retarded.

And national polls don't mean shit with our form of government and elections, moron.

Otherwise GORE would have been elected in 2000 [which he actually was]

See if Yahoo can school you on the Electoral College

So when the polls show Obama in a landslide, they are accurate and correct, right. I also know the electoral collage as well. It has most of the swing states moving toward Romney including Ohio.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Jeep threads merged....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Von Halen
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Kristy

I myself drive a 2004 Mercedes (pile of crap) but I'd still take it over anything Detroit kicks out today. I would never buy an American car that has been made in the past 20 years - eh, make that 40 years. This is not due to me thinking most imports are better but because Detroit is still living in 1972-ish.

Your 2004 Mercedes was a combined engineering effort of Daimler Chrysler. Mercedes bled the fuck out of Chrysler, sent most of the profits back to Germany, and then nearly let them go out of business. Thankfully Fiat stepped up and righted the ship. The Chrysler World HQ went from a virtual city inside a building, to a ghost town, almost overnight, thanks in a big part, to Mercedes.

Our current Government has allowed a whole bunch of automotive dies and stamping presses to be shipped over to China during this term. The majority of those are not still owned by the American Automotive companies. I believe, the Chinese will soon (I don't know how soon) be shipping cheap cars back to the U.S.

As far as the Jeep production over there, I believe the intention is to build them for the purpose of selling them only over there. Will that ultimately be the case? If it is, how does this benefit the UAW and its members? What if the Chinese start sending their Jeeps to Countries we are currently supplying them to, and doing it for a lot less? What about our military Jeeps? Will our Government continue to pay the UAW outrageous amounts to build their vehicles, when they can have them built in China for a lot less? I don't know the answers to these questions, or if they are even valid concerns, but I can tell you as I live in the Detroit area, there are concerns with the Chinese ramping up to build full scale automotive plants. Will the Chinese engineer vehicles? I believe they will. This will cause major issues to the American automotive market. It takes a lot more engineers to design a vehicle, than it does factory workers to build it.

Generic Motors still hasn't paid back it's bailout "loans". They still continue to spend and waste extreme amounts of money on things that have no bearing on the building, or quality, of their vehicles. Not to mention, their cars are lame, unimaginative, and poor quality. GM is a very arrogant company. Our Government should have never bailed them out. Our Government didn't hold GM accountable for what got them in trouble in the first place. That's why they are still struggling.

If the UAW employees spent as much time working, as they do trying to figure out how to get out of work, they'd never have to worry about anything. The attitudes inside those plants is obscene. Ungrateful and entitled are two words that come to mind everytime I step foot in one of those plants.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
          Reading a little economic theory wouldn't hurt either of you two, NicktheDick and Krusty.
          Which economic theory to you read, BigGayBrian?

The problem with the bailout, as opposed to a structured resettlement (including a change in management), is that the same mistakes that were committed to get Chrysler in that mess in the first place will be committed again. Their dealerships are laying off people left and right...not a good sign. Chrysler is on the way out.
          Um, really? And is this more unsubstantiated bullshit you post on the web? Because you seem to be doing just that lately. Chrysler being owned by Fiat is much better than Chrysler being owned by Daimler-Benz. Read about that, shitforbrains. Read Elvis' post for actual facts...
          Last edited by Nickdfresh; 11-01-2012, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by MUSICMANN
            So when the polls show Obama in a landslide, they are accurate and correct, right. I also know the electoral collage as well. It has most of the swing states moving toward Romney including Ohio.
            Um, they mostly show Obama narrowly leading, and completely owning the Electoral College. And yes, there is a difference between polls, I think Pew Research actually admitted that their poll showing Romney with a solid lead was mostly comprised of Republican respondents...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen

Generic Motors still hasn't paid back it's bailout "loans"...
              No, they did in fact pay back their loans, with interest...

...They still continue to spend and waste extreme amounts of money on things that have no bearing on the building, or quality, of their vehicles. Not to mention, their cars are lame, unimaginative, and poor quality. GM is a very arrogant company. Our Government should have never bailed them out. Our Government didn't hold GM accountable for what got them in trouble in the first place. That's why they are still struggling.
              I prefer Ford, but um, GM has made great strides and I'd probably buy one of their newer offerings like the Sonic or the Cruze over an overpriced Corolla (washing machine with wheels) or Civic that Honda nearly aborted by cheapening them out in the 2011 model year, then having to go back to remake the car in 2012.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I was watching Romney speak on CNN, and it is almost physically painful at how uncharismatic and douchy he is with his meaningless drivel about how holding an American flag made his arm electrified. I wonder if that flag was made in China? I'm not saying that Obama is Mr. Sunshine or anything, but Jesus...

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                  You must be anal retarded.
                  Well, now that I've got the milk and cereal off of my laptop screen, I can thank you for revisiting that for me.
                  Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Von Halen
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    No, they did in fact pay back their loans, with interest...
                    Wrong.

"New" GM paid back their loans. "Old" GM still owes $850 million, which will never be paid.

GMAC is still mostly owned by the Government. They still have billions of dollars on the ledger. Billions that will never get recovered, unless it goes into the pockets of those that didn't actually earn it.

GM has not paid back all of the money, nor will they ever. They got a handout, that we paid for. And the Unions came out smelling like a rose.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Wrong.

"New" GM paid back their loans. "Old" GM still owes $850 million, which will never be paid.

GMAC is still mostly owned by the Government. They still have billions of dollars on the ledger. Billions that will never get recovered, unless it goes into the pockets of those that didn't actually earn it.

GM has not paid back all of the money, nor will they ever. They got a handout, that we paid for. And the Unions came out smelling like a rose.
                      GMAC is now Ally Financial, and their problems do not stem from auto financing but from subprime mortgages and being one of the unlawful "auto-signers" that violated due process laws in handling foreclosures. However, Ally is actually very profitable:

On May 15, 2012, the company put its ResCap subsidiary into Chapter 11 bankruptcy after it failed to make an interest payment of $20 million on unsecured debt. ResCap had written off $22 billion in mortgages in 2009, 2010, and 2011 much of it subprime mortgages. The move was seen as attempt for the company to focus on its profitable core business of auto loans and direct banking (Ally showed a $2.72 billion profit in 2011 in its auto finance unit but had a $402 million loss at ResCap).[18]

The Unions took significant losses and made huge concessions. Even roses grow in shit...

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                        GMAC is now Ally Financial, and their problems do not stem from auto financing but from subprime mortgages and being one of the unlawful "auto-signers" that violated due process laws in handling foreclosures. However, Ally is actually very profitable:

The Unions took significant losses and made huge concessions. Even roses grow in shit...
                        GM still owes $27 Billion. GMAC/Ally owes $14.7 billion of that. I don't care what they are called now, or what loans they financed. The bottom line is simple. GM/GMAC/Ally received a whole bunch of bailout money, and haven't repaid it, like you claim they did. You can spin doctor it all you want on the technicality of a name change, but they received the money as a GM entitiy, and will never pay it back. GM should have NEVER been bailed out. Keep making excuses for them, while you are footing the bill.

Did the "Unions" make "huge concessions", or did their members make huge concessions? Can you be more specific as to what those "concessions" were? I am in those plants on a weekly basis. I have friends and family employed by all 3 of The Big 3. None of them are suffering. None of them have had any lifestyle change for the worse, only the better. None of them are making any less than they were before. None of them are getting less time off. None of them are getting fucked over with their benefits.

The real people that suffered through the automotive downturn were the suppliers and their employees. The ones that weren't protected by the criminals known as the UAW. The companies and their employees that were going out of business faster than you can blink, because GM was refusing to pay them for product that had already been delivered. Those are the real "auto workers" that made concessions, and suffered greatly. GM should have been put out of business, just like the HUNDREDS of companies they forced out of business by not taking their handout, and paying the proper people with it.

You can suck all the GM and Union cock you want. But what our Government, and GM did, was fucking CRIMINAL.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

You can suck all the GM and Union cock you want. But what our Government, and GM did, was fucking CRIMINAL.
                          That's cool.... And of course you have the same opinion about Bush bailing out Wall Street 100 cents on the dollar with ZERO strings attached, right ??
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Von Halen
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                            That's cool.... And of course you have the same opinion about Bush bailing out Wall Street 100 cents on the dollar with ZERO strings attached, right ??
                            Of course.

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Your 2004 Mercedes was a combined engineering effort of Daimler Chrysler. Mercedes bled the fuck out of Chrysler, sent most of the profits back to Germany, and then nearly let them go out of business. Thankfully Fiat stepped up and righted the ship. The Chrysler World HQ went from a virtual city inside a building, to a ghost town, almost overnight, thanks in a big part, to Mercedes.
                              Exactly why I bought it. Fuck the American car industry. Let me know when Detroit finally builds a car that is worth a shit.

Comment

• Von Halen
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Kristy
                                Exactly why I bought it. Fuck the American car industry. Let me know when Detroit finally builds a car that is worth a shit.
                                You bought a "pile of crap" (your words) to show Detroit up?

You are much too ignorant to know whether Detroit, or anyone else for that matter, are building good cars or not.

Even the junk Generic Motors is putting out these days, is as good or better than any of your over priced foriegn crap.

Keep buying the propaganda, and the "pile of crap" cars like you already own.

Break a nail....

Comment

Working...