X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Satan
    Yeah, funny how nobody ever wants to take credit for ridiculous lies like that. But it sounds like something Ayn Rand would write. Before she went on Social Security and Medicare in order to pay for her medical bills that resulted from her self-induced lung cancer. Guess that "personal responsibility" mantra only goes so far?

Yes. But a great example just today. A lady I work with at my insurance company was speaking to a class about earthquake insurance. This lady has been with the company 15+ years and draws a very decent salary. She chooses to not have earthquake insurance in California because of the cost. She stated, happily and giggling I might add, that she would rather save the money & hope FEMA saves the day.

WTF?

Taxes are being ripped from my paycheck every 2 weeks at an alarmingly increasing pace, and much of it is because of this attitude which is far too rampant in this country. If your shit hits the fan and you need help, fine. If you would rather save your own money and if the shit hits the fan be bailed out by everyone else, fuck you!
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• SilvioDante
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
      Exactly. I know that nothing I do is going to help. Greed and ignorance are too powerful. So I want my pot. If I'm going to Hell in a bucket, at least I'm enjoying the ride. Fuck it. They're all lying thieves! Every one of them. Just keep your head down and try to enjoy every day.
      That's another honest answer I can agree with.
      "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
        Yes. But a great example just today. A lady I work with at my insurance company was speaking to a class about earthquake insurance. This lady has been with the company 15+ years and draws a very decent salary. She chooses to not have earthquake insurance in California because of the cost. She stated, happily and giggling I might add, that she would rather save the money & hope FEMA saves the day.

WTF?

Taxes are being ripped from my paycheck every 2 weeks at an alarmingly increasing pace, and much of it is because of this attitude which is far too rampant in this country. If your shit hits the fan and you need help, fine. If you would rather save your own money and if the shit hits the fan be bailed out by everyone else, fuck you!
        I'm not a fan of mandatory insurance laws of any kind, but I'd say if you own a house in California without earthquake insurance, you're probably too stupid to live. And not a very good representative of an insurance company either. Isn't that like a vegan working at McDonalds??
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

If you live in an earthquake area you want to buy or build a house that sits on solid rock and a home that is made of either steel or wood framing that can flex. Masonry does not fare well in earth quakes. What you want to avoid is ground that is loose sediment. Also build or buy away from a major fault line. Even Eddie Van Halen said his home and 5150 studios held up fine during the Northridge earthquake because both buildings sit on the bedrock.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sadaist

WTF?

Your taxes are going to get worse too. They are going up in California. The thing is we have this attitude because too many people in the country have no skin in the game. They don't know what it's like to work and try to support a family and have that money taken out of their checks. The biggest problem is the ever rising debt. It's not going to be sustainable and then you have Ben Bernanke purposefully inflating the US dollar because we don't want to pay the debt down. This ends with a very inflated currency where real goods get expensive. The government won't be able to buy anything and it won't be able to do anything. What are these free loaders going to do then? They naively expect the money to be there and they expect the government to step in. Well when you have tens of millions of people who think the same, it's unsustainable.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
              If you live in an earthquake area you want to buy or build a house that sits on solid rock and a home that is made of either steel or wood framing that can flex. Masonry does not fare well in earth quakes. What you want to avoid is ground that is loose sediment. Also build or buy away from a major fault line. Even Eddie Van Halen said his home and 5150 studios held up fine during the Northridge earthquake because both buildings sit on the bedrock.

Yeah.... I learned all that in the 6.8 quake we had here back in 2001. I live in one of the oldest neighborhoods in town. A lot of the houses here have been around over 100 years. The houses themselves made it through the quake alright, but a lot of them had to repair/replace their chimneys.

And most of downtown Olympia (as well as a big chunk of downtown Seattle) is built on land that used to be part of Puget Sound, but was filled in some time in the 19th century. And the quake turned it to jello, so a lot of buildings downtown got serious damage, and the road that went around Capitol Lake was totally fucked.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                They're just called chicken wings here, and they don't burn my ass. I may have a belt sander on my ass, but you're more often than not talking out of yours...
                I was expecting a more colorful reply Nick. Come on man. Let the creative juices flow. Be an artist! Be like Kristy.
                Last edited by Nitro Express; 11-07-2012, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                  Yeah.... I learned all that in the 6.8 quake we had here back in 2001. I live in one of the oldest neighborhoods in town. A lot of the houses here have been around over 100 years. The houses themselves made it through the quake alright, but a lot of them had to repair/replace their chimneys.

And most of downtown Olympia (as well as a big chunk of downtown Seattle) is built on land that used to be part of Puget Sound, but was filled in some time in the 19th century. And the quake turned it to jello, so a lot of buildings downtown got serious damage, and the road that went around Capitol Lake was totally fucked.
                  Seattle is an earthquake area but it's also got a tsunami danger. Yeah I would say an old house that's been through a few earthquakes unscathed is a good place. If you are on good ground and up a hill away from the sound, that's where you want to be.

When I went to BYU a lot of the buildings went three or four stories below ground. They built down instead of up. It's expensive to build that way but later found out the campus is on a major fault line and is built on sediment from the Wasatch mountains. In an earthquake that ground turns to jello and they constructed the buildings to hold up in that. In theory.
                  Last edited by Nitro Express; 11-07-2012, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                    I was expecting a more colorful reply Nick. Come on man. Let the creative juices flow. Be an artist! Be like Kristy.
                    Why do the most boring, uncreative troll assholes crave the witty diatribe?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

You really want me, Nitrous Asshole? Kay, Walter Middy cunt....

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                        Each causes harm. I don't approve of kids doing pot OR alcohol though you and Angel obviously do. You're trying to justify your legalization of pot with a completely irrelevant argument.
                        That's a senseless argument, who says I approve of that?

Personally if pot was legalized here tomorrow I still wouldn't touch it, I prefer booze and I would worry about it being a gateway drug back to tobacco which is worse than any of them.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
                          Did you ever think that it might be you? Not many people would give you a job.

Ooh, LOVE "do you have kids"-question. You raise your offspring yourself.
                          Once again, a simple concept went completely over your head.
                          Last edited by BigBadBrian; 11-08-2012, 06:27 AM.
                          “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD

When the Cascadian Fault Zone lets go, it's going to make the quake in Japan last year look like child's play. Seattle, Tacoma, Olympia, and environs will be decimated. It's not a matter of "if," it's a matter of "when."
                            “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Angel
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Each causes harm. I don't approve of kids doing pot OR alcohol though you and Angel obviously do. You're trying to justify your legalization of pot with a completely irrelevant argument.
                              Where the fuck do you get that idea? I don't think either is good for kids. I do, however hate alcohol, and think there are too many people in jail for pot-related offences

Sent from my GS2, bitches
                              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Satan
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

When the Cascadian Fault Zone lets go, it's going to make the quake in Japan last year look like child's play. Seattle, Tacoma, Olympia, and environs will be decimated. It's not a matter of "if," it's a matter of "when."
                                Maybe that's why they legalized weed?
                                Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                                I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

Working...