Another Shooting, This Time at ELEMENTARY SCHOOL in Connecticut....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

A tragedy like this naturally focuses attention but every year in the US over 200 children under 10 are killed by firearms.

So one way to look at this is that it's just a 10% increase this year...

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      A tragedy like this naturally focuses attention but every year in the US over 200 children under 10 are killed by firearms.

So one way to look at this is that it's just a 10% increase this year...
      And the majority of those could have also been prevented by gun safes, as they were the result of a kid playing with a gun.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

There's really no excuse for not having a gun safe. You can pick one up for a couple hundred bucks - less than the cost of an average pistol.
        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• ToraToraTora
          Head Fluffer
          • Aug 2010

I can't believe that after the events of y/day that some of you on here find this the time to pontificate on your rights to bear arms and ram your religious beliefs down our throats, fuck guns, fuck religion and fuck the whackjobs that cause these atrocities. Those poor kids and victims family's need your support not your opinion.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It must be an extra stress for you guys who are parents in the US.

You basically have to rely on every parent of every child your kid plays with to always be vigilant with guns.

Someone asked what was meant by a 'gun culture'. My kids are at a school of 700 pupils none of whose parents will own a firearm, that's what not having a gun culture means.

Shit of course can still happen but I personally prefer it this way.

Comment

• jacksmar
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by ToraToraTora
              I can't believe that after the events of y/day that some of you on here find this the time to pontificate on your rights to bear arms and ram your religious beliefs down our throats, fuck guns, fuck religion and fuck the whackjobs that cause these atrocities. Those poor kids and victims family's need your support not your opinion.
              Have a drink. Have 2. And then worry about:

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service, archive, history, media

1996: Massacre in Dunblane school gym
              A lone gunman has gone on a shooting spree at a school in Dunblane, Scotland, killing 16 children and their teacher.

The killer sprayed shots at random around the school gym in an attack that lasted just three minutes, but caused carnage in a class of five and six year olds. He then turned the gun on himself.

Twelve other children were taken to hospital in Stirling, where one is reported to have later died of his injuries.
              A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Well exactly Jack which is maybe why the 2 Scottish people here have strong opinions on this.

I was at the ER that day and saw the parents faces and have a good friend who was one of the first doctors on the scene.

I'm glad to say that we banned all handguns in this country after that...
                Last edited by Seshmeister; 12-15-2012, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• ToraToraTora
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Aug 2010

Those kids in Dunblane should have been celebrating their 21st birthdays this year......................

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                    Gun culture is a perverse, fetishistic love of guns based on paranoia, machismo, racism, and Hollywood. It is a culture where any problem and/or bitch you have with someone else that doesn't agree you is solved by the use of a bullet. Gun culture desensitizes (yes, desensitizes) the actual killing of another human being without conscious. Gun culture is largely an American invention that makes violence sexy, symbolic and stupid. Gun culture deludes people - especially rednecks and the uneducated types like yourself to feel "big" when you penis is small and is underlying problem why you need a semi-automatic weapon to fuel you unfounded suspicions that the government/Obama is somehow going to turn you into a liberal zombie overnight. Gun culture is a disease/social cancer that brutally kills innocents everyday. Gun culture is a coward that hides and distorts the very Amendment that allows it.
                    If that's your definition of "gun culture," then the vast majority of legal gun owners and also members of the NRA are not members of this gun culture.
                    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                      If that's your definition of "gun culture," then the vast majority of legal gun owners and also members of the NRA are not members of this gun culture.
                      Even if your right, in this case, minority rules. Bad apples ruin things for the whole bunch. Just accept it already FFS. If guitars suddenly became the weapon of choice for psychopathic mass murderers, I'd understand the reasoning behind making it more difficult to acquire one.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                        While we're talking guns, I'm thinking the US military, and hence NATO, should go to a 6.8mm round vice 5.56. Too many troops in Iraq and Afghanistan are saying the 5.56 doesn't have enough knock-down power and just "doesn't get the job done." Whaddya say?
                        I've heard the argument my whole life. The M-16 is a support weapon. In war artillery and heavy machine guns do most the killing. If the 5.56 NATO and M-16 had real serious problems they would have dumped them both by now.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

It must be an extra stress for you guys who are parents in the US.

You basically have to rely on every parent of every child your kid plays with to always be vigilant with guns.

Someone asked what was meant by a 'gun culture'. My kids are at a school of 700 pupils none of whose parents will own a firearm, that's what not having a gun culture means.

Shit of course can still happen but I personally prefer it this way.
                          I'm more worried about the people driving cars on the street. Where I live is safer than London.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                            And the majority of those could have also been prevented by gun safes, as they were the result of a kid playing with a gun.
                            You don't even need the big gun safes, you can take a part of the gun so it can't shoot and lock that up in a separate location. Not everyone lives where a big huge gun safe is practical. We were always told to store the rifles with the bolts out of them and store the ammunition separate. That's what my dad did.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
                              Hale, the words, gun culture are a tool by liberals to take blame away from the liberal ideals, that blame is placed as far away from the truth as posssible.

To segregate society as if we are blind fools to reality..sadly most are.

There is no such thing as a gun culture except for idiots who get there lifestyle outline from the media and the cult of one dimensional thinking...you know, morons.
                              What "liberal ideals?" Like you not touching dirty women? Fuck off Thome. Who gave you the right, cunt....

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I'm not even sure what's would be so good about eternal life anyway.
                                I said something similar once in a college class on literature discussing all of this, and everyone looked at me like I had three heads. There's a reason why even the vampires in Anne Rice's literary universe often commit suicide....

Comment

Working...