Another Shooting, This Time at ELEMENTARY SCHOOL in Connecticut....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
    Been following this thing all day on the radio. Autopsies were done on all the children. Can someone please explain this to me? Seriously? Autopsies? Please tell me it's not the full Y and everything else that goes with that. There is zero reason to desecrate these poor children any more. Check them & document wounds, I suppose remove the bullets, clean them up for their families to have their final wishes and goodbyes. Autopsies are to check for drugs, alcohol, poisons, diseases, malformations, abnormalities, determine an unknown cause of death, etc. We know what took these kids. The thought of them being..........just disgusts me to no end.

These dang coroner guys seem to autopsy everyone nowadays. Honestly, could you even request for yourself when you die that one not be performed unless suspicious circumstances were involved? or when we go are we pretty much the property of the government until they decide they are done dissecting us and choose to give our bodies back to our families?

Just bothers me.
    I take what they report with a grain of salt. These tragedies attract the media and they are trying to outdo each other. I found the reporting and the lack of fact checking on the Colorado shooting unbelievable. I think what they did was investigate the cause and time of death for the death certificates and prepped the bodies to be seen by the families if they choose to do so. I worked for a funeral home when I was in college and on one person who blew his head off with a rifle they put the brain and pieces of skull back in the head and bandaged it up real good so the family wouldn't have to see the body that way. Since this is a murder case they might have to provide additional information. If anything they are doing the families a favor by cleaning up the bodies the best they can so the family can pay last respects without out having to see the full carnage. It's hard enough and the families don't need anymore additional trauma in their lives.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
      I take what they report with a grain of salt. These tragedies attract the media and they are trying to outdo each other. I found the reporting and the lack of fact checking on the Colorado shooting unbelievable. I think what they did was investigate the cause and time of death for the death certificates and prepped the bodies to be seen by the families if they choose to do so. I worked for a funeral home when I was in college and on one person who blew his head off with a rifle they put the brain and pieces of skull back in the head and bandaged it up real good so the family wouldn't have to see the body that way. Since this is a murder case they might have to provide additional information. If anything they are doing the families a favor by cleaning up the bodies the best they can so the family can pay last respects without out having to see the full carnage. It's hard enough and the families don't need anymore additional trauma in their lives.
      I said the same thing with seven words...

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
        I'm practicing my filibustering skills.

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

So what you are both telling me is that there are many levels of autopsy? I always just understood it as being the full on thing. Well that makes it a little less devastating.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

So what you are both telling me is that there are many levels of autopsy? I always just understood it as being the full on thing. Well that makes it a little less devastating.
            They only disturb a body as much as they have to. The people who do this kind of work are professional and fully realize they are dealing with a human being and someones loved one. In the funeral business you deal with death and sadness all the time. You deal with it but I can tell you when a bunch of dead kids come in it's going to affect people who deal with death on a daily business. They have a job to do and someone has to do it and don't think it's easy. Most people couldn't do it.

Comment

• jacksmar
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

FYI:

Yesterday, not a single child was murdered by a law abiding, gun owning citizen.
              A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• envy_me
                Swedish Love Pump
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by jacksmar
                FYI:

Yesterday, not a single child was murdered by a law abiding, gun owning citizen.
                Even one a year is one too many.
                The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• Blaze
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by jacksmar
                  FYI:

Idiot, no one was ever murdered by a law abiding citizen, period, gun owning or not... ... WTF? Are you brain damaged?
                  "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                  sigpic

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Been following this thing all day on the radio. Autopsies were done on all the children. Can someone please explain this to me? Seriously? Autopsies?
                    From what I understand from what I read, it's to account for all the bullets that were fired. They want to make sure all those bullets still inside those poor little bodies are a match to the guns found at the scene and that none of them can go to a different weapon of a possible second shooter. It's just to make entirely sure.
                    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Amazing, I actually watched the first part of this (minus the Alex Jones part) and agreed with most of it. This shooting WILL rally the anti-gun nuts and anti-gun culture to take away our second amendment rights.

I'm also glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks Obama was faking the tears bit...appearing to wipe away tears that never were visible. He could have done a better fake crying job. Maybe he should have had some of his Hollywood buddies to give him an acting lesson.
                      “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• fraroc
                        Commando
                        • Jun 2012

My best friend posted this on his Facebook. It's someone else's quote but it is powerful in my opinion.

"Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he’ll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN’s article says that if the body count “holds up,” this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer’s face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer’s identity? None that I’ve seen yet. Because they don’t sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you’ve just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man’s name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."
                        How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• jacksmar
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Blaze
                          Idiot, no one was ever murdered by a law abiding citizen, period, gun owning or not... ... WTF? Are you brain damaged?
                          Blaze, your getting closer. How many law abiding doctors performed abortions yesterday? Dolt.

WTF are you? Answer: Another on the Left that exploits the behavior of sociopaths and murdered children to further its communistic agenda.

Comment

• Angel
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                            Amazing, I actually watched the first part of this (minus the Alex Jones part) and agreed with most of it. This shooting WILL rally the anti-gun nuts and anti-gun culture to take away our second amendment rights.

I'm also glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks Obama was faking the tears bit...appearing to wipe away tears that never were visible. He could have done a better fake crying job. Maybe he should have had some of his Hollywood buddies to give him an acting lesson.
                            I didn't get a chance to see it until last night...and I have to take back my previous comment...unless his tear ducts are located in a really weird spot...
                            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

I zoomed in and saw what might be a tiny tear to the outside of Obama's eye...

I don't question his grief...

I question his instant reaction to not let a good crisis go to waste...

Comment

• jacksmar
                                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

FUCK OBAMA

Wonder if the Kenyan Houseboy will have armed (guns) secret service along side him at Newtown?

Wonder if his daughters have armed security around them at their school?

FUCK OBAMA

Comment

Working...