Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MUSICMANN
    Sniper
    • Apr 2004

As this latest crazy event sweeps over this nation, we all must sit back and ponder, is one bullet that is fired from any type of weapon, be it from a assault rifle to a black powder musket, that causes the death of any individual, really the problem. Guns don't kill, people kill, and that still holds true even after what just happened. This sick bastard could have ran into that classroom with a meat cleaver and killed just as many kids and teachers. He could have made a homemade pipe bomb and the outcome would have been the same as well. He could have drove his car into the building or waited until those kids were lined up waiting for the bus and ran them all over. The common link, is that, this dude was fucking crazy and would have used any method to kill even if he had no guns at his disposal. Let's all remember, the 2nd amendment is not about hunting, it's about we the people having the right to bear arms that would be needed against our own government if there was a need to do so. People that are not stable in this society will find a way to do unthinkable things to the innocent and use any method be it a knife, gun or whatever to carry out their motive's.

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Hardrock69
      Why is it the motherfucking media makes it a point to go overboard when people are victims of gun violence, but when someone with a gun PREVENTS mass shootings, they hardly report on it?

I've been telling you that for years...

They are ALL agenda driven...

They distort facts and they lie by omission...

Comment

• BigBadBrian
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
        Why is it the motherfucking media makes it a point to go overboard when people are victims of gun violence, but when someone with a gun PREVENTS mass shootings, they hardly report on it?

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...in-San-Antonio
        Also, just recently:

PORTLAND, Ore ... Nick Meli is emotionally drained. The 22-year-old was at Clackamas Town Center with a friend and her baby when a masked man opened fire.

"I heard three shots and turned and looked at Casey and said, 'are you serious?'"

The friend and baby hit the floor. Meli, who has a concealed carry permit, positioned himself behind a pillar.

"He was working on his rifle," said Meli. "He kept pulling the charging handle and hitting the side."

The break in gunfire allowed Meli to pull out his own gun, but he never took his eyes off the shooter.

"As I was going down to pull I saw someone in the back of the charlotte move and I knew if I fired and missed I could hit them."

Meli took cover inside a nearby store. He never pulled the trigger. He stands by that decision.

"I'm not beating myself up cause I didn't shoot him," said Meli. "I know after he saw me I think the last shot he fired was the one he used on himself."

The gunman was dead, but not before taking two innocent lives with him and taking the innocence of everyone else.

"I don't ever want to see anyone that way ever," said Meli. "It just bothers me."

LINK
        “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Way to highlight a confusing part of what could have been presented as the good story it is...

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

For every example of someone returning fire on a gunman, you can also point to incidents where armed police officers or security were caught off guard and slaughtered before they had a chance to draw their weapons. So more guns ISN'T the answer.
            Originally posted by conmee
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
            Originally posted by eddie78
            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                That's what I'm getting at. My neighbor - perfect example. Last year he bought a decent AR, dropped about a grand on it. Basic model. He was all excited to show it to me so I says "how's it shoot?" To this day he's never shot it and I guarantee you he doesn't know the first thing about it. I'd be surprised if he could actually charge the weapon. And at the very least that's an accidental discharge waiting to happen.
                So we'll add gunsmith to your many vocations...

But, I have no idea what AR you had. My M-16A1 issued to me in basic training was the assault rifle equivalent of an old jalopy car with 300,000 miles on it. It probably had tens-of-thousands of rounds fired through and the bolt carrier assembly was so worn it actually had groves etched into it. I thought this was normal at the time until I was later issued newer weapons. In addition, the rifle's sites was so fucked up I never officially "zeroed" the gun severally jeopardizing my chances of passing BRM. But, it never "rattled" even though there was a bit of play in the upper and lower assembly. I still qualified with a decent score and recall the only real problem firing the M-16 in my era in the Army was the shitty 20-rd. magazines that not only held less ammo than the banana magazine 30-rounders, but were much more prone to causing feed problems and jamming. I fired the M-16A2 and later was issued an M-16A1 in the Reserve, which was technically obsolete since everyone was going to the A2 then. But it was like new and very clean and tight and was a pleasure to shoot despite the pain-in-the-ass going to the qualification range was every year or so.

The M-16 actually has far tighter tolerances than its main competitor, the AK-47 series of rifles like the AKM, and was much more accurate. More accurate but less reliable and needing a lot more cleaning and maintenance. The AK fucking can rattle. The M-16 doesn't unless you have a POS parts rifle...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  That's Mexico. They have a higher gun fatality rate than we do. Of course our government is supplying the bad guys with guns. The thing is those drug cartels have so much money they will get the guns somewhere. If not from us from the Russians or the Chinese.
                  I'm sorry but this might one of your more idiotic posts filled with masturbatory conjecture bullshit misinformation masked as some sort of knowledge. Our gov't isn't supplying Mexican drug lords with assault rifles, our fucking gun stores are where they are legally purchased by fronts on behalf of Mexican cartels, then they're smuggled down there. And where is the evidence the Chinese or Russians would sell them guns? That's sort of retarded actually. The Colombian Communist-Narcoterrorist guerrilla group FARC might get firemarms from arms dealers, but never the Russian or Chinese gov't. The level of violence in Mexico would be far lower and the gov't more effective without the relative ease of access of American sourced firearms...

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                    I was 21, and eating up all the food at a deli I allegedly worked at.
                    Wow

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                      And where is the evidence the Chinese or Russians would sell them guns? That's sort of retarded actually.
                      Dude, I'm pretty sure it was on an episode of Law & Order, so it must be true. Then again, I drink a great deal, so it might have actually cropped up in a Matlock rerun.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                        Local gun shop owner posted this on his blog today. He always refers to the president as "Obuma." I will also leave the typos in, this guy used to be a teacher.
                        Where did you get this from?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                          Dude, I'm pretty sure it was on an episode of Law & Order, so it must be true. Then again, I drink a great deal, so it might have actually cropped up in a Matlock rerun.

I'm thinking it might have been The Fall Guy episode where that Oscar Goldman actor makes a guest appearance with that ex-Steve Austen guy. It all runs together with the gas and isopropyl fumes in my apartment...

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                            Where did you get this from?
                            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                              I'm thinking it might have been The Fall Guy episode where that Oscar Goldman actor makes a guest appearance with that ex-Steve Austen guy. It all runs together with the gas and isopropyl fumes in my apartment...
                              That was an odd-as-all-shit type of show. They'd steal entire sections of movies and splice them into made-up scenes to fill time and constitute a plot. The most blatant example was when they lifted about 85% of the action scenes from Race With The Devil and added them into some nutso RV chase.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• jhale667
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                                That was an odd-as-all-shit type of show. They'd steal entire sections of movies and splice them into made-up scenes to fill time and constitute a plot. The most blatant example was when they lifted about 85% of the action scenes from Race With The Devil and added them into some nutso RV chase.
                                Yes, but back in the day all the Heather Thomas bikini shots made you forget all about the "plot".

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

Working...