Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I challenge anybody to find a mass killing conducted by a single (or duo) of psychotic asshole(s) in the U.S. (or anywhere else) that involved anything other than a firearm...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      I challenge anybody to find a mass killing conducted by a single (or duo) of psychotic asshole(s) in the U.S. (or anywhere else) that involved anything other than a firearm...
      I was gonna say Jim Jones, but that wasn't in the U.S.....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
        I was gonna say Jim Jones, but that wasn't in the U.S.....
        He and most of the dead were Americans, IIRC. But some cult leader isn't going to go into his work or a school and start forcing Kool Aidz down everyone's' throats! Is he?

And now that I think about it, firearms were actually used to intimidate and goad people into drinking the poison...

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Well, I know someone will bring this up, so let's get it out of the way....

Tim McVeigh and Terry Nichols with a Ryder truck full of fertilizer. Oklahoma City 4/19/1995.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DLR Bridge
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by FORD
            Well, I know someone will bring this up, so let's get it out of the way....

Tim McVeigh and Terry Nichols with a Ryder truck full of fertilizer. Oklahoma City 4/19/1995.
            We're all well aware of it, however, attacks of that nature have not become the norm. There's no list of crazies that continued in that fashion.
            Last edited by DLR Bridge; 12-20-2012, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
              We're all well aware of it, however, attacks of that nature have not become the norm. There's no list of crazies that continued in that fashion.
              Which is due in part to the fact that the government took internal terrorist threats seriously after that. Actually the Newt Gingrich Repuke Congress blocked many of the things the Clinton administration tried to do to make explosives harder to buy and easier to track.

Thank God there's no National Truck Bomb Association lobby buying up Congress, or this kind of shit would be happening all the time.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD

Which was proven unable to take out a column 10 feet away, much less the whole front of a 10 story building...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

He and most of the dead were Americans, IIRC. But some cult leader isn't going to go into his work or a school and start forcing Kool Aidz down everyone's' throats! Is he?

And now that I think about it, firearms were actually used to intimidate and goad people into drinking the poison...
                  Yeah, most were Americans. But they just had a special on CNN about it (Soledad did it, what a shocker).... There didn't appear to be any intimidation, just good old fashioned brainwashing...
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                    Which was proven unable to take out a column 10 feet away, much less the whole front of a 10 story building...
                    So what the hell took it out then? Photon torpedos from the USS Enterprise??

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Dang this thread is hard to keep up with. To me I see 2 choices for the US to proceed.

Control what guns people can own

Control which people can own guns.

I like the 2nd choice & believe it's the smarter way to go with less infringements on peoples rights.
                      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                        Dang this thread is hard to keep up with. To me I see 2 choices for the US to proceed.

Control what guns people can own

Control which people can own guns.

I like the 2nd choice & believe it's the smarter way to go with less infringements on peoples rights.

The answer is both

Only the reactionary NUTS will have a problem with it, and frankly I couldn't care less if they did.
                        Originally posted by Kristy
                        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                        Originally posted by cadaverdog
                        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                          Veteran
                          • May 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                          How do you know?

In't crazy defined as not being rational?

I'm not Sigmund Freud but I find it hard to believe he wouldn't have still wanted to kill if he didn't have access to a gun. I doubt he would say "hmmmm.......I'm itching to kill but I don't have a gun. I'll just play in the sandbox instead".

And the argument about cars not being guns is irrelevant. Things other than guns can still be used as a weapon. Maybe they can't all kill as many people but that isn't the point. He could have gone into that school with a chain saw and killed as many or more people. In any case he could have killed a lot of people without a gun.

As I said, I don't see why anyone needs an assault rifle, but to ban guns is not the answer. Neither is arming teachers. That's even crazier.

Knowing why he did what he did is more important than how he did it, because maybe then the root problem can be prevented or at least reduced.

And anyone discounting the danger of synthetic drugs, especially psychotic drugs, needs to wake up.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
                            ...In any case he could have killed a lot of people without a gun.
                            But it never goes down that way, does it? Better to do nothing about it as far as guns go, right? As I said a few days ago, why does anyone bother with home alarms if a thief is going to find a way to break in anyway? It's inevitable, so why not just leave the front door unlocked? I'll tell you why. It's called preventitive measures. Scaling back the availability of collector's carnage toys would, could and should be a preventative measure against a psycho wrecking havoc in your town. Well worth taking into consideration.

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Barbara Boxer is submitting a bill to have the National Guard stationed at the schools. What the fuck? What country is this? What year is this? That is totally insane. I would not have wanted to go to any school with the national guard nor would I send my child to one. The schools are already totally fenced in and many with metal detectors & locked gates. Add armed uniformed guards & they start looking like little concentration camps.....

...and since everyone is diagnosed nowadays with ADD & ADHD we know concentration is the last thing happening there.
                              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I don't think guards up the wazoo everywhere is the answer either, but there is zero security at my kids school. No alarms, no detectors, no rent a cop who'll throw his keys at you if you raid the school. A touch disconcerting, especially now.

Comment

Working...