X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBadBrian
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
    why not go the other way and disarm everybody?
    So you're saying confiscate and ban all firearms?
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• BigBadBrian
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Angel
      More guns = more gun violence.
      Incorrect.

More mental illness = more gun violence.

Saying a gun causes violence is like saying a fork causes you to be fat.
      “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• envy_me
        Swedish Love Pump
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
        So you're saying confiscate and ban all firearms?
        That would be difficult. I say what's sold is sold, but tighten the rules from now on. You gotta start somewhere :-)
        The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I've moved some of the more obvious 'gun control and weapons related posts to this thread from the original thread started on the CT school massacre. Thank you for starting this thread, BBB...

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

I made a weapons thread a while back but my search won't go that far back. It wasn't about gun control, but a thread where us gun owners were sharing what we owned, had shot before, liked, didn't like, and how we got our weapons. Most of mine were from my dad or grandpa. Only ever bought one myself. I just had a revolver, a 9mm with a 10 round magazine, a 12-gauge shotgun that would hold 3 shells, and a .410 shotgun that hold just 1 shell. I loved all my guns but had to sell them to survive. I hope to be in a financial position to buy another gun some day.

I always thought the assault rifles were idiotic for people to own. Then a friend & I rented one at the range. Bushmaster AR-15. Holy fuck that thing was so damn fun to shoot. I can't explain it beyond that. But Once I shot it I wanted one. I'd never buy one because they are like $1500+, but wow it was a lot of fun. Changed my mind on the first shot. So I can definitely see why people like these weapons. But if they ban them again....they did in CA in 1994.....it won't affect me and I don't really care.
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
              AMENDMENT II to the US Constitution

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
              So basically only National Guardsmen should have weapons?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                Stewart Rhodes should go fuck a duck and his premise is so infantile and idiotic....

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                  More guns = more gun violence.
                  Or at least a much higher body count...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Man with knife injures 22 kids at school in China
                    1:35a.m. EST December 15, 2012
                    USA Today

Security guards are across China after a spate of school attacks in recent years
                    Min Yingjun, 36, attacked the students, according to police
                    An elderly woman and 22 children were injured by knife

BEIJING (AP) — A knife-wielding man injured 22 children and one adult outside a primary school in central China as students were arriving for classes Friday, police said, the latest in a series of periodic rampage attacks at Chinese schools and kindergartens.

The attack in the Henan province village of Chengping happened shortly before 8 a.m., said a police officer from Guangshan county, where the village is located.

The attacker, 36-year-old villager Min Yingjun, is now in police custody, said the officer, who declined to give her name, as is customary among Chinese civil servants.

A Guangshan county hospital administrator said the man first attacked an elderly woman, then students, before being subdued by security guards who have been posted across China following a spate of school attacks in recent years. He said there were no deaths among the nine students admitted, although two badly injured children had been transferred to better-equipped hospitals outside the county.

A doctor at Guangshan's hospital of traditional Chinese medicine said that seven students had been admitted, but that none were seriously injured.

Neither the hospital administrator nor the doctor would give his name.

It was not clear how old the injured children were, but Chinese primary school pupils are generally 6-11 years old.

A notice posted on the Guangshan county government's website confirmed the number of injured and said an emergency response team had been set up to investigate the attacks.

No motive was given for the stabbings, which echo a string of similar assaults against schoolchildren in 2010 that killed nearly 20 and wounded more than 50. The most recent such attack took place in August, when a knife-wielding man broke into a middle school in the southern city of Nanchang and stabbed two students before fleeing.

Most of the attackers have been mentally disturbed men involved in personal disputes or unable to adjust to the rapid pace of social change in China, underscoring grave weaknesses in the antiquated Chinese medical system's ability to diagnose and treat psychiatric illness.

In one of the worst incidents, a man described as an unemployed, middle-aged doctor killed eight children with a knife in March 2010 to vent his anger over a thwarted romantic relationship.

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Ban Chinese knives !!

Comment

• envy_me
                        Swedish Love Pump
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Dec 2010

Ban Chinese knives !!
                        22 injured to 26 killed... What would happend if he had a gun?

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

People would be shot...

Comment

• Fairwrning
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Hey peeps..Hug your kids and watch some football with em today if ya can..take a day off from this shit

Comment

• envy_me
                              Swedish Love Pump
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Dec 2010

People would be shot...
                              ...and shooting them would lead them not to be injured, but....? Come on, you can say it.

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

I'm not concerned with what happens in communist China...

Comment

Working...