• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
    You eat pieces of shit for breakfast ??
    No, not really. Was I devoting a lot of energy to that topic or something?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
      Someone definitely pissed in Elbow's cornflakes...
      Wal-Mart poison piss flakes...

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

Dude shaddup...
        So in other words, you can think of nothing valid to say......

I never denied a queer his rights...

I am sure that is why your husband married you.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The sad thing is...

You progressives who think you're changing the world for the better with all this homoerotic isolationism (for lack of a better term) and whatnot are simply digging your own graves...

But whatever...

There's more important things going on in the world than gay marriage...
          Mr. fucking libertarian wants to tell everyone else what to do, or else they're 'digging their graves?' Really, douche?

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

I'm confident though that most real Van Halen fans are straight.
            Except Von, of course.

Comment

• Anonymous
              Banned
              • May 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
              Marriage is just a stupid and outdated tradition. It's idiotic to conflate marriage into laws. Why laws are adjusted to something as stupid and unnecessary as marriage, I don't know.
              It is as if government would give benefits to those who colour eggs at easter.
              Sesh, someone hacked Envy's account.

This is one of the smartest things I've read in this forum ever.

What kind of webmaster are you, allowing users accounts to be hacked just like that?

Cheers!

Comment

• Angel
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Pussy... I've been slacking off....cunt.
                "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker

What kind of webmaster are you, allowing users accounts to be hacked just like that?

Cheers!

I don't really disagree with what she said but it does serve a legal shorthand as I said.

I was asked by a friends kid brother last week who has been engaged for 9 years what were the advantages for him in getting married. He asked it in a genuine way as he was thinking about just going for it.

I have to say I struggled to come up with much.

There remains one reason for men like him who have a child with his partner in that it gives him more rights over that situation. An unmarried guy can in many legal jurisdictions including the US in the event of the mother dying have his right to bring up the kid challenged by the deceased family eg her mother.

While you would expect he would win that one, who wants to gamble even slightly on something something so important?

Without marriage quite a lot of people in various circumstances would want to get some legal stuff drawn up.

That and there is often a few months honeymoon period where things are extra good but apart from that I couldn't really come up with anything for him.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

Consider being a non-religious but spiritual person as being a jazz musician.

A good jazz musician is such a powerful and advanced musician, they feel free to play with, outside of, and around musical convention. Their abilities are above and beyond the need to restrict themselves to playing in certain time signatures or styles.....they are FREE....not following any rules or restrictions laid down by MAN (unless desired).

I have known classical musicians who could play anything.....as long as they had the sheet music in front of them.

Ask them to play something off the top of their head...to improvise....some may have difficulty, as they are so used to being lead around by the printed page.

People who follow religions are being lead around by their printed page. The Bible. The Koran. The Torah.

The holy rubbish that is the product of L. Ron Hoover.

And thousands of fly-by-night tent-revivalists.....

Not everyone has the ability to rise above being told what to do to get to Heaven.

Spirituality is a deeply personal journey. It is up to the individual to find their own path.

The true power lies in being able to allow yourself to not have any.

And, relevant to the article above, a spiritual person who does not bother to follow the doctrines, dogma and LAWS of organized man-created religion is much better off, as they have nothing in between them and their spirituality. It is a direct connection to the spiritual self.....no need to bother with ritualistic cannibalism....drink this blood...eat this flesh....in the form of wine and crackers.....no need to dress up, to bow a certain number of times in a certain direction....no need to have ONE MORE reason to hate other people....simply because their God has a different name, a different title, their holy book has different chapters and a different history....

Religion seeks to divide humanity and destroy spirituality.....as the freedom of true spirituality is in opposition to the organizations run by humans.

Religion exists because the management of said religion has an unquenchable desire to force other people to live as they dictate.

Before the Age of Enlightenment (The Renaissance), and even afterwards, the Catholic Church had a vested interest in a) keeping the lay people ignorant, and b) "Keep the Holy Revenue Stream pouring into The Vatican, Monsignors......"

Note that the above policy is counted on by Republicans in the US. A much higher percentage of conservative or Republican voters are uneducated.....as pointed out in the article:

"Some groups seem to like their flocks ignorant so that pastors’ interpretations of God’s edicts are not questioned."
                    The Republicans use religion as a tool to sway their voters. It has nothing to do with finding God.

It is just an excuse they use to cause their constituents to mindlessly vote for them, so that once in office, they can rob the taxpayers blind.

Speaking of "Crime and Religion", the article above also says this:

"In fact, a review of worldwide studies found that criminality and religion go hand in hand. The countries with the most religious people have the highest crime rates, highest sexually transmitted diseases and the highest teen pregnancy rates.

This is also true in the United States. The more religious a state’s population, the higher the crime, STD and teen pregnancy rates."
                    This is a good argument for outlawing organized religion for the common good. Religious people who believe to the extreme (the zealots) tend to ignore common sense if it conflicts with their fairy tale philosophy.

"Oh, if we pray hard enough, the child will grow another leg...." (after the child's leg was run over by a train).

Religion is a crutch for the ill-informed, the uneducated, the simple-minded. And history shows that demographic to engage in the most criminal activity, AND the least responsibility.....

The spiritual well-being is of secondary importance to organized religion.

It is a business as well. Dedicated to the Holy Sacrament Of The Almighty Dollar.

Do not interfere with their institutionalized structures that have been fine-tuned to subjugate their willing sheep while picking their pockets.....They used to burn you at the stake for disobeying the Holy Roman Church, but these days, well...not much they can do to you....if you decide to call them what they are....hypocritical child molesting con artists......

Note that some of the statements above are generalizations....but I don't think I am too far off the mark.

Is it any wonder that people are leaving organized religion in droves?

Religion is founded, operated, and maintained by human beings. Not "Gods". Not "Angels". Not "Spiritual Beings".

Humans.

Are humans perfect?

No.

Do they sin?

Yes.

So how is The Pope any "holier" than the lowliest bugger in the streets of Rome?

He is not. In fact, he is in charge of an organization that has systematically murdered millions of innocent people over the past 1700 years.....robbing, raping, looting, destroying....and enslaving.

Why are they still in existence? They serve no purpose other than to increase their Vatican stash.

Humans allow them to exist because lay people who do not know any better need to feel that if they give money to these people who claim to be holier than your average joe, they will have a better chance of getting into Heaven.

Same thing as believing in Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy, or the Easter Bunny.....but you lose money on the deal....and ALL Christian denominations are descended from the Catholic Church.....ALL of them. To say otherwise is to admit you are ignorant.

Being non-religious allows one to be free from the influence and agendas of other humans. And you do not feel compelled each week to throw that money into a collection plate.....so the pastor can go to Madam Lulu's House Of Pain And Delight over on the other side of the bayou on Monday.....

Not bothering with religion makes the most sense, and will save a person the most money.

But, sheep will be sheep.

And I am not one to try to tell people how to live their lives.

Why not?

Because I am not religious.

Note that the religious fundamentalists are the ones who keep trying to get their people elected to office so they can use them as a proxy to order people around....tell them how they must live their lives......

What a load of fucking hypocritical shit.

You religious zealots out there.....definitely you radical extremist fucking Muslims....but this applies to extremists from all other religions as well......you are free to believe as you wish, but when it comes to other people and their beliefs, just shut the fuck up...how they live their lives has nothing to do with you, and you have no valid fucking reason for sticking your goddamn long noses in other people's business......when you could be sticking it up your religious leader's Holy Bunghole....

Ignorant fucks....
                    Last edited by Hardrock69; 07-04-2013, 11:36 PM.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

And this belongs in this forum why ??
                      Because it bothers you.

Comment

• envy_me
                        Swedish Love Pump
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        I don't really disagree with what she said but it does serve a legal shorthand as I said.

I was asked by a friends kid brother last week who has been engaged for 9 years what were the advantages for him in getting married. He asked it in a genuine way as he was thinking about just going for it.

There remains one reason for men like him who have a child with his partner in that it gives him more rights over that situation. An unmarried guy can in many legal jurisdictions including the US in the event of the mother dying have his right to bring up the kid challenged by the deceased family eg her mother.

While you would expect he would win that one, who wants to gamble even slightly on something something so important?

Without marriage quite a lot of people in various circumstances would want to get some legal stuff drawn up.

That and there is often a few months honeymoon period where things are extra good but apart from that I couldn't really come up with anything for him.
                        Yeah, I understand that. And that is the reality. I just think it shouldn't be like that.

If mother dies, the father stated on the birth certificate should get the kid, if he has been there raising it. Or whatever the circumstances are in the specific case.

I was saying in another post that none of these problematic situations are exclusive to married people. There are cultures in the world without marriage, those people die too and leave the kids behind.

I know there are legal benefits from it and that is the reality, but I think there are other ways to solve those problems, like who gets the kid if a mother dies or who's pulling the plug on you.
                        Last edited by envy_me; 07-05-2013, 04:25 AM.
                        The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• envy_me
                          Swedish Love Pump
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Dec 2010

Cheers!
                          How do I respond to both an insult and a compliment in the same post. Fuck off & thank you

Comment

• ashstralia
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Feb 2004

mwahaha!!!

Comment

• Anonymous
                              Banned
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

Yup.

But you, as a Scientistian,should be aware that all that came from a time when, if you didn't believe the Great Mickey Mouse in the Sky (or Donald Duck, depends), you'd be an outcast & worthless to society.

Marriage is & always was a religious ritual. I don't care how much they water it down by doing it everywhere but the church, it's still a religious thing.

Therefore, as a matter of principle, I refuse to get married.

That & I'm unbearable, so...

Cheers!

Comment

• envy_me
                                Swedish Love Pump
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Dec 2010

Yup.

But you, as a Scientistian,should be aware that all that came from a time when, if you didn't believe the Great Mickey Mouse in the Sky (or Donald Duck, depends), you'd be an outcast & worthless to society.

Marriage is & always was a religious ritual. I don't care how much they water it down by doing it everywhere but the church, it's still a religious thing.

Therefore, as a matter of principle, I refuse to get married.

That & I'm unbearable, so...

Cheers!
                                Wow, there is actually one issue you and me agree on

Imapus, will you NOT marry me
                                Last edited by envy_me; 07-05-2013, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Working...