X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Angel
    No. I'm a Canadian. You are American. Mexicans inhabit the rest of the continent. I don't identify with the continent, I identify with my country. Many of us are extremely touchy about that!
    You forgot Central and South America. The continent goes all the way down to the southern tip of Chile.

If you live on the continent you are an american. I'm an american but if you want to be specific I'm a US citizen.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 11-16-2013, 01:46 AM.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by jacksmar

I had one of those bad boys. Mine was a detectives car and it hauled ass. Some of the detective cars were two doors but most of them were four doors. Mine was stolen but I got it back with new rims and tires on it a few days later. The dude who had it had a pink slip for another 88 Caprice that he owned and put his plates on mine. If it hadn't been a two door he might have gotten away with it. His pink slip was for a four door.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
        I had one of those bad boys. Mine was a detectives car and it hauled ass. Some of the detective cars were two doors but most of them were four doors. Mine was stolen but I got it back with new rims and tires on it a few days later. The dude who had it had a pink slip for another 88 Caprice that he owned and put his plates on mine. If it hadn't been a two door he might have gotten away with it. His pink slip was for a four door.

Ha! Reminds me of this scene.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• cadaverdog
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Nitro Express

Ha! Reminds me of this scene.
          I never had one of those bad boys but I had a friend whose dad had one. We were getting high by these duck ponds that are technically on Edwards Air Force base property but there's no fences to keep you out. I got out of the car to take a piss and I see two cars with lights flashing headed our way. We got off the base before they could catch us but they kept chasing us. My buddy kicked that Polara in the ass and we left them in the dust. That was one of the last times the Polara was ever driven. The front u joint broke and my buddys dad rolled the thing coming home from drinking at the VFW a few days later. Since no one else was involved and the car ended up in the desert the cops didn't bust him for DUI. They said he was on private property and it's not illegal to drive drunk on private property. I'm pretty sure one of the cops was a fellow VFW member gave him a break.
          Beware of Dog

Comment

• Angel
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
            I can dig that. I'd have to kill someone if they accused me of being Canadian.
            Don't worry, I'd kill them first.
            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Angel
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
              You forgot Central and South America. The continent goes all the way down to the southern tip of Chile.

If you live on the continent you are an american. I'm an american but if you want to be specific I'm a US citizen.
              Oh, ffs. You mean the Americas...plural...as in two. South America is a different continent. Because US citizens are known as American's, other citizens of the America's do not like to be called American's. If I was to tell someone I was American, they would think US. So....we don't call ourselves American.
              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by jacksmar

I'd look good in this because I look good in everything I drive.

In like terms, what is like a decade?
                Those cars are so pedestrian and ugly they're actually kind of beautiful...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Oh, ffs. You mean the Americas...plural...as in two. South America is a different continent. Because US citizens are known as American's, other citizens of the America's do not like to be called American's. If I was to tell someone I was American, they would think US. So....we don't call ourselves American.
                  But what about Central America?

Call someone from El Salvador or Honduras "Mexican" and they'll get quite offended...
                  Last edited by Nickdfresh; 11-16-2013, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• Angel
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    But what about Central America?

Call someone from El Salvador or Honduras "Mexican" and they'll get quite offended...
                    "Central" America is on the southern tip of North America. Columbia is actually the most southern country in North America. And yes, if you call a Honduran a Mexican they will be just as offended as Canadians are when they are called American.

I excluded the Central American nations because I was talking about your immediate neighbours.

You don't see Canadians wearing US flags when they travel, but you sure see a lot of Americans wearing Canadian flags...

We often wonder if your school system teaches about the other countries in N. America. Now we know...
                    Last edited by Angel; 11-16-2013, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2007

You don't see Canadians wearing US flags when they travel, but you sure see a lot of Americans wearing Canadian flags...

where?
                      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                        Those cars are so pedestrian and ugly they're actually kind of beautiful...
                        I had a four-door '85 Classic. One of the only GM cars I had that I actually liked. Grimes had a two-door Impala with the "aerocoupe" back window. I know mine had a 305, can't remember if his had a 350.

Pops has a '95 Caprice wagon that I may consider buying when he's done with it.
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Because US citizens are known as American's, other citizens of the America's do not like to be called American's.
                          And you're in school ??

Comment

• jacksmar
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

T tops used to = chicks with no tops. 88 was a good year for this car and in the cassette deck:

Damn good times
                            A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• jacksmar
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

[QUOTE=Satan;1817636]Well, since you didn't post your Mini-Kiss tribute band singing the song, I took the liberty of posting this cover version instead......

That version was part of the reason grunge and Seattle sucked and still suck.

That sound is like having your entire body skinned in the waters just off Bermuda......

A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Try this newer version...

Comment

Working...