X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cadaverdog
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by DONNIEP
    We have a KFC/Taco Bell here in town. Sounds like an odd combo but it works. We don't eat much fast food but it's a good compromise for when I can't be bothered to cook.
    Actually having two totally different types of food would work well in small towns and truckstops that don't attract large crowds very often. I don't think the KFC/Pizza Hut combo is that bad either. Out here it's Carl's and Green Burrito and Weinershnitzel and Dairy Queen. They only sell Dairy Queen ice cream stuff though, no DQ burgers and such.
    Beware of Dog

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

We have a Taco Bell/Pizza Hut in the next town over. It works pretty well too. And the DQ in the mall is a DQ/Orange Julius stand. And that shit rocks like a motherfucker! They have all the DQ food and ice cream PLUS all the Orange Julius stuff. God I do so love a large Orange Julius drink...frothy, orangey, with just a hint of...chocolate maybe. I used to take chocolate ice cream and orange juice and crank it up in the blender and it almost had that Orange Julius flavor. Well, to me anyways.
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think fast food isn't a great advert for capitalism especially with pizza.

The big pizza chains are IMHO really shit.

Pizza is the greatest scam in the world, it's peasant food. Flour and water and a little cheese. Then you get to charge a dollar for a topping of a mushroom which is maybe 2 fucking mushrooms. You go to Naples where it comes from and you can still buy amazing pizza for $5. The American chain version from Dominoes or Pizza Hut is expensive fucking garbage. I say that as someone that has bought plenty of them over the years. I don't think this is anything to do with taste it's to do with profits and marketing and so on. It's because the people that set up those franchises did that bit well not that the food was any good.

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

You can buy any pizza at Pizza Hut for 11 bucks. Any size, all the toppings you want. You have to order it online these days but you can get a super duper triple dick whack paddy wack pizza for 11 bucks. And guess what? It sucks Ballz.

There's a mom & pop Eyetalyun joint in town, run by Greeks, that has some of the best pizza you'll ever eat. Sure, it's a little more expensive. But it's great.

Comment

• SunisinuS
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • May 2010

I have no problem with this....it is the way of commercial enterprise. After BK leaves and pays less taxes just put a license fee on everything they sell in the US. Done and Done. Charge them to use the roads....charge them to use the water....charge them every time they use US infrastructure. Simple. Long as they pay their own way I don't care if they relocate to Russia. Require the Corp leadership to change their citizenship...it's ok if they are in search of what every chick is: The BBD.

And each time a corp does it put a 15 yr cap on it. So they cannot come back for 15 yrs. Let them bust open the 34 million population of burger selling in Canada instead of the 300 mil they could have sold to in the US. They will save a lot of taxes selling 34 million burgers a year instead of 300 mil. Done and Done.
            Last edited by SunisinuS; 08-26-2014, 01:21 AM. Reason: The Bigger Better Deal. Loyalty has nothing to do with it. Just they can't come back on my lawn.
            Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
              Ugh...too many words. I stopped when I read BK is the second largest burger chain in the US. Who knew? I mean, I like their whopper, better than any of McDs burgers. But I always thought Burger King was kinda like one step up from Hardees.
              You're out of your mind, BK is huge. They're the one the chains you find everywhere. There are no Hardees left here despite the fact that anything Canadian, including Tim Hortons, is huge here.

There's literally a Tim Hortons at every major thoroughfare here, and I am not exaggerating in the least bit. Tim Horton himself was a legendary NHL hockey player that died in the twilight of his career while playing for the Buffalo Sabres after spending years, decades in Toronto. He was killed in a car accident and is one of the only professional athletes to have played in four different decades in their sport (something like 1948-1972 without checking). Duncan Donuts what? We have that too, but not anywhere near Tims here. Personally, I think Tim Hortons is okay, but really not a fan of their coffee and their donuts kind of suck even though I rarely eat donunts in general...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                Actually having two totally different types of food would work well in small towns and truckstops that don't attract large crowds very often. I don't think the KFC/Pizza Hut combo is that bad either. Out here it's Carl's and Green Burrito and Weinershnitzel and Dairy Queen. They only sell Dairy Queen ice cream stuff though, no DQ burgers and such.
                Brazer DQ is the best for burgers and shit!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by WACF
                  Tim Horton was a Hockey Player with one hell of an idea.
                  His widow is very, very rich I think...

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Wendy's owned Tim Horton's for a while then spun it off.
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                      You're out of your mind, BK is huge. They're the one the chains you find everywhere.
                      I was mainly talking about the quality of the food, comparing them to Hardees.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's weird how the two biggest burger chains both had such creepy mascots...

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                          You're out of your mind, BK is huge. They're the one the chains you find everywhere. There are no Hardees left here despite the fact that anything Canadian, including Tim Hortons, is huge here.
                          I don't know what BK does there, but here some of their locations are in leased buildings, with a requirement to remodel every so many years. Maybe it's a corporate thing, I dunno. Any other franchise owns the building and land, and will remodel or tear down and rebuild on the same lot. We're on our third McD's on the same lot, second Taco Bell across from it. I know of three local BK's that have closed up, leaving empty buildings.

There's one Hardee's near me, and I know there's a couple on the turnpike. Rally's went in not far from Hardee's and I would much rather go to Rally's.

I remember reading that Tim's liked it's US stores to be within "driving distance" of Canada. We don't have any here but there's one in Toledo...I think the drive from here to Niagara is about the same as the drive from south Toledo 'burbs to Windsor. Think I've been to Tim's once, in Montreal.
                          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
                            I remember reading that Tim's liked it's US stores to be within "driving distance" of Canada. We don't have any here but there's one in Toledo...I think the drive from here to Niagara is about the same as the drive from south Toledo 'burbs to Windsor. Think I've been to Tim's once, in Montreal.
                            They've been expanding, for sure. And this merger should help it expand even more, although I don't like BK's tax dodging, at least it gives BK great coffee.

They have two TH in my hometown in NW PA, 5 in Erie. They currently have them as far south (for the public anyway) in West Virginia. They sell TH at the Penguins' arena in Pittsburgh. And for me, I get lucky because the Navy has had TH on two of their bases here in our area, one of which is like 4 miles from my house.
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Angel
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

I actually prefer McD's coffee over Tim's...

The donuts WERE good, when they made them fresh in store.
                              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Angel
                                I actually prefer McD's coffee over Tim's...
                                You're not a real Canadian....
                                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...