Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I think I heard they intend to still pay taxes here, IDK...

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

The US has the highest corporate tax rate. You would go to another country as well if you could save 50% or more on your taxes. The solution is we just need to lower the corporate tax rate and collect. Collecting a lower rate beats not collecting at at. Some say our high corporate tax rate is the result of large companies like General Electric wanting a high tax rate because they can afford it and potential competitors can't. It keeps the big boys entrenched and any new start up companies can't compete. So the high tax rate is a form of corporate fascism closing access to the US market.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
        The US has the highest corporate tax rate. You would go to another country as well if you could save 50% or more on your taxes. The solution is we just need to lower the corporate tax rate and collect. Collecting a lower rate beats not collecting at at. Some say our high corporate tax rate is the result of large companies like General Electric wanting a high tax rate because they can afford it and potential competitors can't. It keeps the big boys entrenched and any new start up companies can't compete. So the high tax rate is a form of corporate fascism closing access to the US market.

My, what a schizo man you are. Firstly, multinational corporations own us and the banks are the devil, but then our tax rate is too high for the poor w'ittle companies too stupid to bribe the right politicians...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I do think the corporate tax rate should be lowered into the 20+% range, but all loopholes should be slammed shut. If you use the country's infrastructure and lucrative market, you're fucking paying!!..

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
            The big deal is that this country is literally falling apart. Every road. Every bridge. Every power plant and the entire power grid. And why isn't it being replaced, or at least repaired?

Because corporations and the rich are not paying their fucking taxes, and haven't paid them in 33 years. And while they are dodging their own taxes, they are outsourcing all the (formerly) middle class jobs to third world cheap labor shitholes. So the rapidly shrinking middle class isn't large enough to carry the tax burden of the rich & corporate tax dodgers.

And the people working at Burger King. Or Wal Mart. Or Walgreens (since they recently tried to pull a similar scam) don't make enough money to carry the tax burden of the greedy rich fucks.

So should they be allowed to openly commit economic treason? FUCK NO.
            The corporations not paying tax puts the tax load on the middle class. Also a big part of the problem is 63% of our tax revenue goes to fund the military. A military that enforces the will of banks and multinational corporations. So the US is just a big piggy bank for multinational corporations who are using economic warfare to take over the world. If you want to be independent of the Bretton Woods financial system and have the assets to do it, you get invaded and your country gets fleeced and ruined. Just ask Libya.

It's about central banking monopolies and affiliated multinationals. Not countries. The corporations have become more powerful and they have infiltrated the political system. It's just like the old East India Company. They have their private mercenaries and if need be, they have the political pull to bring in the military if need be. Hell corporations are still running opium wars. The poppies are grown in Afghanistan and the smack is sold. HSBC and Wells Fargo launder the money. It flows in.

The US has been the target of outside interests for a long time and the problem is, we let them in and we let them screw us and we get the blame when it's masterminded from outside the country. We are like the rich uncle the nephew slips something into his drink and keeps drugged up while he takes money out of his uncle's wallet.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
              The oil industry had a part in it as well. Old Henry Ford (no relation) wanted to run his cars on hemp based fuels, and even build the bodies out of hemp fiber.

It's a good thing Karl Benz lived in Germany, or they probably would have banned peanuts here too (Benz wanted his cars to run on peanut-based biodiesel.)
              I have a couple old Fords from the 20's and one from 1930. They all are flex fuel. They will run on either petroleum or ethanol. There's a variable diameter valve on the carburetor that you open up on a cold start. You put whatever fuel you are using in the tank. You open the valve one whole turn. Delay the spark with the lever up on the steering column. Open the throttle a tad. Hit the starter (or turn the hand crank if you are adventurous) and hopefully it will start. Fords usually do if they are maintained. Then you advance the spark to where the engine runs smooth and as the engine warms up you close the valve to where it runs lean but you still have torque. You can play with the valve on long highway trips to get the best mileage.

I just put new Coker tires on my Model A and I'm amazed at how good it rides. Under 40 it holds it's own with any modern car. It redlines around 50 MPH. LOL! I had to get some new breaker points for it and the guys in the Model A club said get Ford points. I went to the dealer and holy heck, I still could order points for a 1930 Deluxe Coupe. I ordered a bunch of them. The aftermarket ones wear down and are lousy quality.

I'm restoring a coil box for a Model T truck. I have original Ford buzz coils in the wood boxes from the 1920's. Most of them still work. Ford built quality stuff. If you drill the steel on one of these old Fords, you better have good drill bits. It's good steel.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                My, what a schizo man you are. Firstly, multinational corporations own us and the banks are the devil, but then our tax rate is too high for the poor w'ittle companies too stupid to bribe the right politicians...
                Dude get off the sauce. You are the one who's dazed and confused.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Dude get off the sauce. You are the one who's dazed and confused.
                  Am I? On my sloppiest, worst day I'm far more lucent that you, bud...

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

I have a couple old Fords from the 20's and one from 1930.
                    I haven't had a decent job in years and I have a much newer car.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                      He uses those to cart around his heaping mounds of bullshit...

Comment

• cadaverdog
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Aug 2007

Am I? On my sloppiest, worst day I'm far more obnoxious that you, bud...
                        Fixed.
                        Beware of Dog

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Go fuck a duck, c-dog...

Comment

• cadaverdog
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Aug 2007

Go fuck a duck, c-dog...
                            I'll pass. I choke my chicken but otherwise I'm not into fowl.
                            Beware of Dog

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

You're foul, not fowl...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                                Don't laugh. It's paid for and has no rust.

Comment

Working...