Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I was wrong, there's at least 8 if you count the ones inside other stores. They do share space with "Cold Stone Creamery" ice cream stores here as well...

Comment

• jacksmar
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
      Asscrackasmr will never have any understanding of political ideologies other than what his corporate talk show masters tell him. Oh, and his lame-ass Google searches.
      kristy, do you understand show your tits? really how truly retarded are you? just show us your tits....................
      A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by jacksmar
        dodge, allow me to over simplify for the many, many simps.

"The oppression of finance capital keeps growing. Giant monopolies controlling the bulk of social production dominate the life of the nation. A handful of millionaires and multi-millionaires wield arbitrary power over the entire wealth of the capitalist world and make the life of entire nations mere small change in their selfish deals. The financial oligarchy is getting fabulously rich."

now we all know where ows and so many simps here stand. so what private company mandates my purchases of Chinese food?

p f changs?
        Hopefully not Panda Express. That shit is awful
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          I was wrong, there's at least 8 if you count the ones inside other stores. They do share space with "Cold Stone Creamery" ice cream stores here as well...
          That partnership was probably a pre-emptive strike against Dunkin Donuts teaming up with Baskin Robbins, believing that they would co-locate themselves. Of course that's before that combined company was bought up by a joint partnership of Bain Capital & the Carlyle Group.

Oddly enough, the new Baskin Robbins signs don't spell out the full name, they just use the initials "BR". Maybe they changed the name to "Bush Romney" ice cream to reflect the new ownership, and just went with the initials. I still say Poppy only did this deal so he could import his product from Colombia disguised as powdered sugar.

There is a Coldstone on the east side of town locally, but they don't sell any Tim Horton's stuff there. Still have to drive north of the border to see a Tim Horton's around here. As far as Burger King goes, I think there are still two open here in town. As opposed to 5 or so a few years ago. The one that's closer to my house never seems to have any business. I haven't eaten there in years myself (pretty much gave up on fast food with the exception of Subway and Chipotle, the somewhat "healthier" options.)
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• So this is love
            Veteran
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Angel
            I actually prefer McD's coffee over Tim's...

The donuts WERE good, when they made them fresh in store.
            McD`s coffees are the best hot or iced...Tim`s coffees don`t come close and I don`t get why people are lining up for them.
            Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Baskin Robbins has the best peanut butter and chocolate ice cream on the planet. The peanut butter isn't this smooth creamy shit like you get in ice cream at the Walmart. Nah, it's hard chunks of peanut butter. There may very well be CIA smuggled cocaine in it because it's addictive.
              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by So this is love
                McD`s coffees are the best hot or iced...Tim`s coffees don`t come close and I don`t get why people are lining up for them.
                I am not a particular fan of Tim's coffee, but I wouldn't trust anyone's judgement claiming McDonald's was the coffee of choice

The appeal of Timmy's is that you can go there and spend a reasonable amount of cash and get quality pretty healthy options...

There isn't a focus on supersizing or having a 2 gallon coke with every meal or the ever popular : 'Ya'll want cheese on that?" which is more of a rhetorical question in the US lol.

This news has me worried except for the fact these guys directing the move want to continue making money. If the supply chain from Burger King infects Tim's it will all turn into garbage.
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• VAiN
                  Use my hand, I won't look
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I'm late to the party here, but who can blame them? If I had a legal way of keeping more of my cash I would too.. I'm sure we all would. What's the big deal? They're not the first to do it.
                  Originally posted by wiseguy
                  That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by VAiN
                    I'm late to the party here, but who can blame them? If I had a legal way of keeping more of my cash I would too.. I'm sure we all would. What's the big deal? They're not the first to do it.
                    If the CEO and every everybody else that gets a piece of the profit of BK wants to move to Canada no problem but the money made here off something made here hopefully by legally employed workers should be taxed here. Why not buy an Island that's not within anybody's territorial waters and name it Burger King Island, build one Burger King and claim that's home? Then they wouldn't have to pay anybody taxes.
                    I totally get what you're saying but that still doesn't make it right. That's alot of US dollars out of Uncle Sam's pocket.
                    Last edited by cadaverdog; 08-26-2014, 07:28 PM.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                      If the CEO and every everybody else that get's a piece of the profit of BK wants to move to Canada no problem but the money made here off something made here hopefully by legally employed workers should be taxed here. Why not buy an Island that's not within anybody's territorial waters and name it Burger King Island, build one Burger King and claim that's home? Then they wouldn't have to pay anybody taxes.
                      burger king island would be cool
                      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                        The big deal is that this country is literally falling apart. Every road. Every bridge. Every power plant and the entire power grid. And why isn't it being replaced, or at least repaired?

Because corporations and the rich are not paying their fucking taxes, and haven't paid them in 33 years. And while they are dodging their own taxes, they are outsourcing all the (formerly) middle class jobs to third world cheap labor shitholes. So the rapidly shrinking middle class isn't large enough to carry the tax burden of the rich & corporate tax dodgers.

And the people working at Burger King. Or Wal Mart. Or Walgreens (since they recently tried to pull a similar scam) don't make enough money to carry the tax burden of the greedy rich fucks.

So should they be allowed to openly commit economic treason? FUCK NO.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• VAiN
                          Use my hand, I won't look
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by FORD
                          The big deal is that this country is literally falling apart. Every road. Every bridge. Every power plant and the entire power grid. And why isn't it being replaced, or at least repaired?

Because corporations and the rich are not paying their fucking taxes, and haven't paid them in 33 years. And while they are dodging their own taxes, they are outsourcing all the (formerly) middle class jobs to third world cheap labor shitholes. So the rapidly shrinking middle class isn't large enough to carry the tax burden of the rich & corporate tax dodgers.

And the people working at Burger King. Or Wal Mart. Or Walgreens (since they recently tried to pull a similar scam) don't make enough money to carry the tax burden of the greedy rich fucks.

I'm not disagreeing - I'm just saying it's legal - who can fault them. I hope to one day have to hide my wealth..
                          Originally posted by wiseguy
                          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by FORD

It hurts me to say this. You're right. They should raise taxes on the rich and make anybody who makes over a certain amount do community service once in a while to keep them from being such assholes.
                            Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                              burger king island would be cool
                              If there's only going to be one restaurant I'd pick something with a little more variety. Free Hometown Buffet Island.
                              Last edited by cadaverdog; 08-26-2014, 07:47 PM.
                              Beware of Dog

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                                If the CEO and every everybody else that gets a piece of the profit of BK wants to move to Canada no problem but the money made here off something made here hopefully by legally employed workers should be taxed here. Why not buy an Island that's not within anybody's territorial waters and name it Burger King Island, build one Burger King and claim that's home? Then they wouldn't have to pay anybody taxes.
                                I totally get what you're saying but that still doesn't make it right. That's alot of US dollars out of Uncle Sam's pocket.
                                Exactly. There shouldn't be any such thing as a "multinational corporation". If a corporation wants to sell their products in another country, they can form a separate corporation in that country and do business there. If Burger King wants to sell burgers in Canada, OK. As long as they have a separate Canadian corporation to do it. If Tim Horton's wants to peddle coffee and donuts in the US, same thing. I'd love to see them put Dunkin Donuts out of business. But enough already with the consolidation, the tax-dodging, and the global predatory capitalist bullshit.
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...