X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cadaverdog
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by FORD
    I suspsect Snoop would approve of a microbrewery in Missoula MT, where they make a porter called "Old Bongwater"
    I've had old bongwater before. Had a few sips earlier. Not very tasty.
    Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

Haven't tried it yet myself, just read about it. It does actually contain hemp, but it's the non THC variety. Same with Humboldt Hemp Ale in Northern CA, which is actually a decent beer. They claim there's no THC in that stuff either, but I found it oddly more "relaxing" than other beers. And it IS Humboldt country, so who knows......
      I read up on hemp once. Never realized hops, hemp and weed were family. One of the articles said hemp and hops may contain "negligible amounts" of THC. I've smoked weed that only had "negligible amounts" of THC in it. Smoked the whole bag and all I got was a headache. The good old days.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah, I think I had some of that shit in high school. Or not so high school, considering it was bad weed. One of my asshole friends gave me a joint that was parsely or some shit like that and hoped I wouldn't know the difference. If I had actually paid him for it, I probably would have beat his ass for that. But it was free, so I just laughed it off. I got back at him for it some way, but damned if I remember how...... this being like 1981 or so.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• cadaverdog
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Aug 2007

Yeah, I think I had some of that shit in high school. Or not so high school, considering it was bad weed. One of my asshole friends gave me a joint that was parsely or some shit like that and hoped I wouldn't know the difference. If I had actually paid him for it, I probably would have beat his ass for that. But it was free, so I just laughed it off. I got back at him for it some way, but damned if I remember how...... this being like 1981 or so.
          I got some smoke for my boss in a friend of a friend deal. I got some too. Looked and smelled excellent. Must have been boiled or hemp. Didn't do shit. I got the rest of the bag back for my Christmas bonus.
          Beware of Dog

Comment

• Angel
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

A neighbour years back was all excited because he discovered and stole a big crop of plants...idiot didn't know it was a hemp farm, lol.
            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• cadaverdog
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Angel
              A neighbour years back was all excited because he discovered and stole a big crop of plants...idiot didn't know it was a hemp farm, lol.
              You don't find hemp growing wild in Southern California. But it used to make it's way here. I found a big patch of it near Boise Idaho when I was there in the late 70s. Looked like pot to me. I could have sold a few pounds of it in So Cal before anybody figured it out around that time. Looked better than the brown stuff we called breath stink coming up from Mexico. Better than the stuff that smelled like diesel fuel too.
              Beware of Dog

Comment

• Angel
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Wasn't wild...was an experimental government farm, lol
                "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• cadaverdog
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Aug 2007

Wasn't wild...was an experimental government farm, lol
                  Hemp was the reason marijuana was made illegal here. There too maybe. You can make too much stuff with it somebody wanted to make with something else like rope and paper.
                  Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

I know Wiki can be unreliable but according to this marijuana laws were instituted in Canada to protect white women from people of other races that might harm them while under the influence of drugs including marijuana.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• Angel
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

You should've read further...we just followed the trend...

Comment

• cadaverdog
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Aug 2007

You should've read further...we just followed the trend...
                        The first part's the real truth. The last part's the unreliable stuff.
                        Beware of Dog

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                          Hemp was the reason marijuana was made illegal here. There too maybe. You can make too much stuff with it somebody wanted to make with something else like rope and paper.
                          The oil industry had a part in it as well. Old Henry Ford (no relation) wanted to run his cars on hemp based fuels, and even build the bodies out of hemp fiber.

It's a good thing Karl Benz lived in Germany, or they probably would have banned peanuts here too (Benz wanted his cars to run on peanut-based biodiesel.)
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Angel
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

My grandfather wouldn't have liked that. He was an Alberta oil pioneer...

Comment

• cadaverdog
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Aug 2007

My grandfather wouldn't have liked that. He was an Alberta oil pioneer...
                              He would have liked hemp being outlawed here and there if he was in the oil business. Hemp based fuel would be an easily renewable resource. It would probably bring oil prices way down.
                              Beware of Dog

Comment

• tbone888
                                Roadie
                                • Feb 2012

I find it hard to believe that a major corporation would leave a country like the US. I've always heard, even though US corporate tax rates are the highest in the world, companies in America (with all the endless loopholes), actually pay little or no taxes. I guess the tax rates in Canada, when combined with their loopholes, end up being negative rates? hmmm smh

Comment

Working...