X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    All my best RA friends disagree with me on this and that's fine.

What about fingerprint technology then? All you guys get guns that only you can fire.

That's no longer James Bond stuff, that can be done.
    I've debated this issue on other boards with some folks who are obviously NRA shills, because all they ever post about is gun topics. They always make some lame excuse about how these "smart guns" with the fingerprint locks "wouldn't work". Even though they probably have a smart phone in front of them (possibly using it to post even) which uses the very same technology to secure the phone.

If somebody steals your phone or tablet, it could be a serious problem, depending on what kind of info you have on it. But odds are, the thief isn't going to be able to kill anybody with it. Who in their right mind would NOT want to secure a gun in the same way?
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Why should my slaves be taken away from me? I'm a responsible slave owner...

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

You are not the worst person in the world. Maybe a gang member wouldn't do that. See the video above, if a gun is locked up it is no protection, if it isn't then it's far far far more likely an innocent kid will be killed by it.
        Ok, explain to me how me locking up all of my guns EXCEPT the one I am carrying will either make it available to an "innocent kid" or make it useless as a means of protection.
        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Igosplut
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

You are not the worst person in the world. Maybe a gang member wouldn't do that. See the video above, if a gun is locked up it is no protection, if it isn't then it's far far far more likely an innocent kid will be killed by it.
          It all depends on how the children are taught (yes, that is a very un-PC thing now). I grew up with guns...And was taught to respect them..Very hands-on and I knew from a young age what was at stake, and the danger of them. My wife was raised in Louisiana where the culture is very gun-wise, and gun ownership is more of a lifestyle.
          Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
            Ok, explain to me how me locking up all of my guns EXCEPT the one I am carrying will either make it available to an "innocent kid" or make it useless as a means of protection.
            That's where the smart gun comes in. Unless the kid is you, sent in to the future via phone booth or DeLorean, he's not going to have your fingerprints.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Statistically far more children are killed playing with weapons than in defense of criminals. Far far more.

If you say your weapon is in a safe place then it can't be used for defense so at that point it's either a hobby or a penis substitute.

Comment

• Igosplut
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                I've debated this issue on other boards with some folks who are obviously NRA shills, because all they ever post about is gun topics. They always make some lame excuse about how these "smart guns" with the fingerprint locks "wouldn't work". Even though they probably have a smart phone in front of them (possibly using it to post even) which uses the very same technology to secure the phone.

If somebody steals your phone or tablet, it could be a serious problem, depending on what kind of info you have on it. But odds are, the thief isn't going to be able to kill anybody with it. Who in their right mind would NOT want to secure a gun in the same way?
                I'm not going to argue the pros or cons of storage, but in this case the fault is usually cast on the gun owner for failure to secure, than the scumbag who did the B&E in the first place.
                Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Igosplut
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Statistically far more children are killed playing with weapons than in defense of criminals. Far far more.

If you say your weapon is in a safe place then it can't be used for defense so at that point it's either a hobby or a penis substitute.
                  If you are taking the "children stat" from the US it is very mis-leading. Andybody who is under 18 is considered a "child" and therefore gang member shooters are lumped into that. Hardly a "child"...
                  Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Igosplut
                    It all depends on how the children are taught (yes, that is a very un-PC thing now). I grew up with guns...And was taught to respect them..Very hands-on and I knew from a young age what was at stake, and the danger of them. My wife was raised in Louisiana where the culture is very gun-wise, and gun ownership is more of a lifestyle.
                    So fuck the kids that aren't so well taught - natural selection kills over a hundred a year because their parents fuck up.

That's kind of tough and I'm really not sure you would feel the same way if you had to look at their dead corpses but going with that why does that mean you can't have fingerprinted firearms?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

If you are taking the "children stat" from the US it is very mis-leading. Andybody who is under 18 is considered a "child" and therefore gang member shooters are lumped into that. Hardly a "child"...
                      The figure I'm looking at is under 14.

Comment

• Igosplut
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

MA has some of the strickest storage laws in the country...And the "Child" stat has gone out of sight because of what I stated above. It can be very mis-leading.
                        Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

When I was a kid, I had a rifle rack hanging above my bed that had a shotgun and I think two rifles hanging on it. My kid has grown up with guns and loves shooting and has a healthy respect for firearms. She's a natural shot, shoots better than me a lot of times (not surprising since I'm old and women have better hand/eye coordination than men), and I've never had to worry about her. She has her own pistol and her own rifle. Funny, she's smart enough to be responsible with both, and both are in the safes.

I don't rip on people in other countries because they can't be trusted to carry pocket knives. Ok, so I really do, lol. But this ain't Scotland or Aingland (you have to say that like Dennis Quaid did in Great Balls Of Fire). This is America. We own guns. The vast majority of us who own guns are more than fine with background checks and all that. But the extreme left AND the extreme right refuse to shut the fuck up and allow those of us in the middle to enact laws that would standardize laws across the country.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I'm not going to argue the pros or cons of storage, but in this case the fault is usually cast on the gun owner for failure to secure, than the scumbag who did the B&E in the first place.
                            That certainly happens. I was house sitting for some friends a few years back. Some guy attempted to break into their house and failed, so he went next door where he had better luck. The neighbor was also on vacation, and when his daughter came by to check in on the house, she found this guy sitting in her dad's kitchen, eating breakfast and acting like he belonged there. She knew better of course. There was a gun on the table, but fortunately it was only a pellet gun, as it was the only unsecured weapon in the house. Her dad had several real guns, but he also had the sense to lock them up in a safe. Probably a good move when you live out in the sticks, and close to the mainline west coast railroad corridor (Amtrak/freight/etc/)

A tense situation, because she had kids in the car. But it could have been much uglier if her dad wasn't a responsible gun owner.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

I get that you're poking the bear here to encourage conversation.

If I secure a weapon on my person, tell me how it can't be used for self defense. Please keep in mind that in America it's not legal to shoot somebody because they want to fist fight.

Comment

• Igosplut
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

So fuck the kids that aren't so well taught - natural selection kills over a hundred a year because their parents fuck up.

That's kind of tough and I'm really not sure you would feel the same way if you had to look at their dead corpses but going with that why does that mean you can't have fingerprinted firearms?
                                Again, the stats are very mis-leading on that type of thing. Does it happen? of course. But not at the rate they would have you believe.
                                Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

Working...