Will The Democrats Extreme Anti Trump Position Come Back And Bite Them On The Ass?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cadaverdog
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by vandeleur
    Can't remember where I read it ?? Blurry book am guessing. It had a new take on chamberlain , very interesting. Basically it went for he wasn't histories big dupe and knew the threat but wanted time to rearm before confrontation.
    Interesting take on it.
    Doesn't sound reasonable considering the Peace For Our Time speech he gave after returning from Munich. To an outsider it looks like France and the UK sold Czechoslovakia out when the signed the Munich agreement. I wonder if prominent Americans who supported Hitler brought that up before we entered WWII ourselves. If so I wonder what FDR thought about that.
    Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Terry
      Well, first of all, the premise that Democrats in Congress should, by default, go along with every single thing Trump proposes just because historically the opposing parties after elections have claimed (a specious claim in the case of Obama and his Republican opposition from 2008 to the present) they would work with the new President is a bit of a stretch.
      That's not what I said nor would I expect either party would support "every single thing" a president who was a member of the other party proposed. What I said was the Democrats in office now will oppose everything Trump proposes just because he's Trump. Working with means working with not kowtowing.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by cadaverdog
        Doesn't sound reasonable considering the Peace For Our Time speech he gave after returning from Munich. To an outsider it looks like France and the UK sold Czechoslovakia out when the signed the Munich agreement. I wonder if prominent Americans who supported Hitler brought that up before we entered WWII ourselves. If so I wonder what FDR thought about that.

I don't want to drag another thread wildly off topic so here is a link.

Seventy-five years ago, on Sept. 30, 1938, British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain signed the Munich Pact, handing portions of Czechoslovakia to...
        Last edited by Seshmeister; 01-17-2017, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• cadaverdog
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by FORD
          I think everybody knows how I feel about Emperor Cheetus Maximus by now.
          Was there anyone other than Bernie that you have any respect for running from either party last year? You hate Republicans, you hate Hillary. That just leaves that one guy the Dems trotted out nobody else but you could probably name.
          Beware of Dog

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

You should be thankful, without people like FORD the Orange Oligarch couldn't have won the election.

Comment

• Igosplut
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              I don't want to drag another thread wildly off topic so here is the link
              The devil you say.....
              Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• cadaverdog
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Aug 2007

I don't want to drag another thread wildly off topic so here is a link.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...r_seventy.html
                That's not that far off topic. He did what he did for Britain. France did the same. Doesn't change the fact they both betrayed Czechoslovakia. Not being a historian of the subject did annexing Czechoslovakia help Hitler invade Poland or aid in the attack on France?
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• Igosplut
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

You should be thankful, without people like FORD the Orange Oligarch couldn't have won the election.
                  Yep..Like having to pick the hammer to smash your finger......
                  Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Was there anyone other than Bernie that you have any respect for running from either party last year? You hate Republicans, you hate Hillary. That just leaves that one guy the Dems trotted out nobody else but you could probably name.
                    Martin O'Malley? I didn't particularly have anything against him, but he was a DLC'er hanging around with the likes of Harold Ford (no relation, thank Christ!) not very long ago. So I doubt he would have been much better than Hillary, in terms of policy. Though admittedly, he didn't have that annoying cunt yelling voice of hers.

I might have considered a vote for him in November, but it wouldn't have made much of a difference electorally speaking.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

That makes as much sense as saying that YOU voted for Brexit. Mean Tangerine was NEVER going to win my state - not in popular votes, nor electoral votes. And I have no influence in how other states vote. I suppose I could have gone to Arizona and tried to vote down there, using the address of one of my family members in that state (much like Mittens Romney did in 2012 with his son's basement) but AZ's electoral votes were pretty much condemned to go Orange, so that wouldn't have mattered either.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I get that - people like you but who lived in different States.

Brexit isn't a great comparison. I voted against. If I had abstained because some aspects of being in the EU annoyed me than that would be a point...

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Mike Malloy voted for Hillcunt in Georgia - because that state appeared to be "flippable" in some of the later polls. He hated Hillary as much as I did, so I know it couldn't have been easy for him.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• cadaverdog
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by FORD
                            Martin O'Malley? I didn't particularly have anything against him,
                            I might have considered a vote for him in November, but it wouldn't have made much of a difference electorally speaking.
                            If O'Malley got the nomination he might have won. Same with Bernie. If the opposition was anyone other than Hillary I imagine quite a few Republicans would have fucked off voting last November but the hatred most of them have for Hillary motivated them to vote for Trump.
                            Beware of Dog

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                              Can't remember where I read it ?? Blurry book am guessing. It had a new take on chamberlain , very interesting. Basically it went for he wasn't histories big dupe and knew the threat but wanted time to rearm before confrontation.
                              Interesting take on it.
                              Sorry where were we ... oh yeah trumps a stooge
                              Probably some truth to it, but he was still a pussy!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

If O'Malley got the nomination he might have won. Same with Bernie. If the opposition was anyone other than Hillary I imagine quite a few Republicans would have fucked off voting last November but the hatred most of them have for Hillary motivated them to vote for Trump.
                                It was a perfect shitstorm...

The UK and US electoral systems allow for weird shit to happen. Doubling down on that, if Trump died in office and you end up with Pence as president, how many people would have voted for that?
                                Last edited by Seshmeister; 01-17-2017, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Working...