X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romeo Delight
    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    I think you got the wrong end of the stick there as Trump intended.

In our systems of justice once you have been found guilty by a jury as Trump has you are not allowed to say that your accuser is a liar because that is the settled opinion of the court. This was not an appeal it was a defamation case because Trump had continued to say that the victim was lying.

He wasn't allowed to present a defense of the original crime because he had already done that and been found guilty by a jury in the first case. All he was able to defend was whether he had been defaming her which given all the video evidence and that he was muttering it throughout the court case didn't give him much of a chance of winning that.

Meanwhile in one of his other cases he is boasting about how wealthy he is so naturally her lawyers said that this guy is super rich he is continuing to deny the jury finding in the first case so you need to hit him with such a big judgement he shuts up.

For you or me that might mean $20k but for Trump they(the jury in the second case) decided it would take $83 million.
    I think what is allowed in the appeal will be telling. I don’t think you or I know what is right here. Your logic seems sound, but I have a feeling a neutral judge would provide more leeway here and the jury may have a different take.

You don’t see anything amiss with re-writing the statute of limitations from an Attorney General with a stated mission of bringing down Trump. It stinks and not just a little bit.
    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
      I think what is allowed in the appeal will be telling. I don’t think you or I know what is right here. Your logic seems sound, but I have a feeling a neutral judge would provide more leeway here and the jury may have a different take.

You don’t see anything amiss with re-writing the statute of limitations from an Attorney General with a stated mission of bringing down Trump. It stinks and not just a little bit.
      Trump's appeal in the civil defamation case? DOA...

I know, it's really terrible that Trump cannot just randomly murder political enemies and not be charged unless he is impeached, in which case he could assassinate all of the key impeachers.

I mean you sound like a dumb partisan hypocrite here. You've raved about Trudeau being a dictatorial monster but are just fine with effectively codifying the allowing of a sitting US president to become one and use "SEAL Team 6 to assassinate political rivals"...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I think you got the wrong end of the stick there as Trump intended.

In our systems of justice once you have been found guilty by a jury as Trump has you are not allowed to say that your accuser is a liar because that is the settled opinion of the court. This was not an appeal it was a defamation case because Trump had continued to say that the victim was lying.

He wasn't allowed to present a defense of the original crime because he had already done that and been found guilty by a jury in the first case. All he was able to defend was whether he had been defaming her which given all the video evidence and that he was muttering it throughout the court case didn't give him much of a chance of winning that.

Meanwhile in one of his other cases he is boasting about how wealthy he is so naturally her lawyers said that this guy is super rich he is continuing to deny the jury finding in the first case so you need to hit him with such a big judgement he shuts up.

For you or me that might mean $20k but for Trump they(the jury in the second case) decided it would take $83 million.
        And the situation I think he is referring too, Trump was melting down and attempting to "defend" himself in the penalty phase, after he had been found guilty and was and is such an asshole he alienated the jury and boosted his penalty to $83 million. Or maybe he was playing 3D chess? And oh yeah, his lawyer is a retard...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Like the Clintons have done how many times? NickDelusionalDumbocrat

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Oh the drama. Ha! Ha!
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I wasn't aware of that. There is so much fake stuff flying about just now, the singer in my band sent me a story today about Taylor Swift being a cloned satanist.

The statute of limitations thing is maybe something brought in by a Republican guy ages ago?

In investigating the former President, New York’s attorney general relied on legislation passed at the behest of one of her Republican predecessors, Jacob Javits.

I really don't buy this victim card thing, no matter what your politics you have to admit Trump is an extremely rich and powerful person and if his actions or policies happen to agree with what you agree with that's purely accidental on his part.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Ridiculous. If Taylor Swift were a Satanist, her music would be better.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

There is nothing wrong with Taylor Swift's music. Still kicks the crap out of your Boomer Vomit bands.

Comment

• Catfish
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                      Seek help for your TDS.
                      For real. What's the program with these folks? I stopped posting for a zillion years and the same people are still here bitching about Trump. Can you imagine what it'll be like when he wins this election?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Like the Clintons have done how many times? NickDelusionalDumbocrat
                        Bill, for whatever a sleaze he was, was never this fucking stupid and hired good lawyers, listened to and paid them as he was one... VonDeMAGAvagina...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Catfish
                          Can you imagine what it'll be like when he wins this election?
                          Yeah that's why we are posting about it. 90% of everyone in all the US allied countries or the western world whatever you want to call it are fucking stressed about half the US electorate treating their vote like it's a funny game show thing.

Working people voting for an authoritarian rich guy who is not smart and hoping he will help them is weird.

As for the rest of the world, one of the movies nominated for an Oscar this year is called '20 days in Mariupol', please watch it.

Comment

• Von Halen
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Working people voting for an authoritarian rich guy who is not smart and hoping he will help them is weird.
                            I'm with you Sesh. I do not for the life of me, understand how these ignorant Dumbocrats can vote for that brain dead old man Bidet again.

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

I'm with you Sesh. I do not for the life of me, understand how these ignorant Dumbocrats can vote for that brain dead old man Bidet again.
                              As opposed to a brain dead F A T orange puke who may have syphilis is a serial rapist, sucks a lot of RuZZian dick, compromised our national security, led an insurrection against his own country and wants to gut social programs, education and wants the border to stay more open than Ivanka's legs.

Go on Von, please defend the indefensible

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

The U.S. Border Patrol reported more than 1.6 million encounters with migrants along the U.S.-Mexico border in the 2021 fiscal year.

Immediately after taking office, Biden changed how even Title 42 was used, allowing far more in that Trump. This is just the tip of teh iceberg though. Graph here:

sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...