X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Romans 10.17

Paul said, Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God and what I have been presenting to you comes from the Word of God.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
      Romans 10.17

Paul said, Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God and what I have been presenting to you comes from the Word of God.
      But Paul most likely wrote that while he was a "guest of the state" in Rome. Which means nobody actually was there to "hear" him. Indeed, most of Paul's contributions to the New Testament were letters that he wrote while either in prison, or on the run. So the definition of what it means to "hear" is considerably different in the context in which Paul wrote it than what you might think of in a 21st century church setting.

So if you "hear" the voice of God from listening to Scriptures in church - or even by reading them to yourself, then that's cool.

But what if you "hear" the voice of God in a setting that He created? Is that any less valid ? I say it's even more so, because it's unfiltered by man.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Proverbs 3:5

Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own understanding.

Comment

• freak
          Sniper
          • May 2004

If there are two more volitile subjects than religion and politics, I know them not.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
            Proverbs 3:5

Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own understanding.
            Reading that entire chapter in context, the point of it is that true wisdom and understanding are gifts that come from God.

Actually, the ending of the chapter seems oddly appropriate in these times.....

29 Devise not evil against thy neighbour, seeing he dwelleth securely by thee.
            30 Strive not with a man without cause, if he have done thee no harm.
            31 Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways.
            32 For the froward is abomination to the LORD: but his secret is with the righteous.
            33 The curse of the LORD is in the house of the wicked: but he blesseth the habitation of the just.
            34 Surely he scorneth the scorners: but he giveth grace unto the lowly.
            35 The wise shall inherit glory: but shame shall be the promotion of fools.

Wonder if Junior's ever read that?
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

I imagine he has...

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Then he obviously wasn't "hearing" it.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Wayne L.
                  John Kerry is the biggest hypocrite in the history in politics on every issue which is why he will lose by 4 or 5 points against George W. Bush in the presidential election in November.
                  It's all up to the electoral tally.

predictions are easy.

results may vary
                  Originally posted by Kristy
                  Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                  Originally posted by cadaverdog
                  I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• freak
                    Sniper
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                    It's all up to the electoral tally.

predictions are easy.

results may vary
                    If Kerry continues on his present course, campaign-wise, he'll be the next Mike Dukakis.

Even with the freindly media coverage, he's done nothing but make an ass of himself so far. Gephardt would have been a smarter choice, I think.

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

He already is the next Mike Dukakis...

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Gephardt fell on his sword in Iowa like a good DLC puppet. He would have never had a chance anyway.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by freak
                          If Kerry continues on his present course, campaign-wise, he'll be the next Mike Dukakis.
                          And just imagine... That's even with the 15 point advantage the press' favorable coverage is giving him (self-admitted by the press).

What a limp-dick candidate you dems have chosen. Should've gone with Dean. I don't think he'd win, but the campaign would've been one hell of alot more interesting.

Comment

• JCOOK

When are you Dems.gonna run someone out that we can take seriously

Comment

• JCOOK

When are you Dems.gonna run someone out that we can take seriously

Comment

• Jesus Christ
                                Veteran
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                                Reading that entire chapter in context, the point of it is that true wisdom and understanding are gifts that come from God.

Actually, the ending of the chapter seems oddly appropriate in these times.....

29 Devise not evil against thy neighbour, seeing he dwelleth securely by thee.
                                30 Strive not with a man without cause, if he have done thee no harm.
                                31 Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways.
                                32 For the froward is abomination to the LORD: but his secret is with the righteous.
                                33 The curse of the LORD is in the house of the wicked: but he blesseth the habitation of the just.
                                34 Surely he scorneth the scorners: but he giveth grace unto the lowly.
                                35 The wise shall inherit glory: but shame shall be the promotion of fools.

Wonder if Junior's ever read that?
                                I hath wondered the same thing, My son

Comment

Working...