X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marksjohnc
    Full On Cocktard
    • May 2009

Neck Plate

And as far as parts go, the only thing else I should mention is my neckplate. I found a guy online that does custom engraving. So I got an EVH neckplate made. Notice the serial number, 001. Yes, I have the first made! lol

Hello,
    I just found this site and registerd. Wondering who you found to do that neck plate for you? I built a charvel EVH art series guitar and that neck plate would be awesome. Wondering if you would let the info out?

Thanks for any help,
    John

Comment

• indeedido
      Veteran
      • Feb 2004

I found the guy on ebay who engraves them, he's got a template he can crank one out for you. His id is guitarheads. you can search for that or neck plates and you find him.
      This space for rent.

Comment

• marksjohnc
        Full On Cocktard
        • May 2009

He contacted me and he gave me a SPANKIN! Said he doesn't do other people logos and never will, chewed me up and spit me out beat me like an old horse.. WOW that hurt!

So I guess you have a one of a kind dude...congrats
        Last edited by marksjohnc; 05-31-2009, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• GAR
          Banned
          • Jan 2004

That "guitarheads" guy would never do a trademarked logo, oh no.

How dare you accuse..

Comment

• marksjohnc
            Full On Cocktard
            • May 2009

what's that supposed to mean...How dare I accuse?

I didn't accuse anyone of anything. Just stated facts that I contacted him about a neck plate and he told me he doesn't do other peoples logos and Never Will.
            So I got SPANKED by the guy who was supposed to have the means to make it...Yikes

Comment

• kwame k
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Feb 2008

Don't sweat it, si-gar is a little wanna be, google posting, never played or owned a guitar before in his life. Find 3 people in the entire CVH community that even like this guy and you'll find 2 more than we ever had. He's what we used to call a poseur.
              Originally posted by vandeleur
              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• GAR
                Banned
                • Jan 2004

He did make it, I'm being sarcastic that he's denied doing it..

Actually you could etch one yourself, it's very easy:

1. make a reverse stencil of the logo you're trying to plagiarise,
                2. apply it to the plate
                3. stick it in a 5-gallon bucket with a saltwater solution of about a gallon of hot water, and fistfull of salt or salt-packets from a burger joint
                4. get a car battery and jumper cables
                5. apply these to your genitals
                6. scratch that I was just joking
                7. I mean scratch tip #5 not your genitals
                8. apply the pos (+) terminal onto the plate
                9. get an old eletrical appliance cord, and strip the plastic off it and coil up the whole length, about 6 to 10 feet, around your wrist then clamp the negative (-) terminal to hold it together
                10. dunk both terminals a few inches apart from each other into the saltwater
                11. connect the battery

You should give it about 3 hours before you see much action, it'll start bubbling as the chrome, nickel and copper strip off the plating and attach to the bare copper wire you coiled.

You need high amperage to etch the plating deep enough. It doesnt' look too pretty after your'e done, you need to clean it with green scotchbrite and acetone, just within the etched portion to shine it. You should backfill the etched part with silver, black, or clear lacquer to protect the remaining chrome plating from peeling especially if you went too deep.

Comment

• marksjohnc
                  Full On Cocktard
                  • May 2009

I sent the guy another email asking him just who is lying....well I know tha answer already but wanted to shake his cage a little, cuase a little aint enough, till ya dance the night away!

Comment

• marksjohnc
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • May 2009

Got a questio, since I'm a a newbie, how ya can post pics of your project guitar here? Wanted to share my custom builds with community like indeedido.

Thanks for the help

P.S> Forget that guy and his neck plate, I have a couple nice ones already I'll use. An engraved VH one and Frankenstrat made by a guy who WILL do business with me: NYG custom neck plates. That guy John over there does nice work....maybe I'll ask him...hmmmm

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

Use photobucket or another image hosting web site put the [img] or image code into your post and there you go.
                      Originally posted by vandeleur
                      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• marksjohnc
                        Full On Cocktard
                        • May 2009

Thanks man! I'll give it a try

BTW if you guys here that do builds want that early sound...go to guitarattack.com and check out the attack bucker mp3. It's spot on. I put one in my VH1 guitar I just built and it is spot on. Not as pricey as the Duncan '78 and he nailed the tone. Tell John over there that John Marks sent ya! He's a great guy and has a lot of useful info on his site. We trade secrets we discover all the time.

Comment

• marksjohnc
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • May 2009

It worked man thanks. I put up a new post "My Builds" the VH Bro's and put up some pics of my two builds. Will be adding another I built for a friend. That one I got the finish factory on. Was more patient with someone elses stuff..:0

Comment

• GAR
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by marksjohnc
                            how ya can post pics of your project guitar here? Wanted to share my custom builds with community like indeedido.
                            You find a photo hosting site, signup, then upload your pics.

Then you type here in the reply box the location URL between two brackets of code, one for {img}http://www.yourpic.com/blahblah.jpg followed by bracket-forward-slash-img {/img}

If I do it exactly it'll be interpreted by the code this board runs on and make it invisible so you won't see it.

[ ]http://www.yourpic.com/blahblah.jpg[/ ]

Or you could go the pussy way out, and click Preview Post in the reply, which will take you to Advanced, which gives a field of formatting buttons for discussion board beginners.

That is a good way to learn the formatting. A couple times doing it that way, you'll remember what it did then do it manually.

Comment

• indeedido
                              Veteran
                              • Feb 2004

I went back threw my notes. Looks like I bought a different neck plate from that guy.

The one I had made for the EVH came from tektron71 on ebay. He has several items listed so you should be able to find him. He'll make whatever you want. He has a web site too but I don't recall the url.

sorry for the mix up
                              This space for rent.

Comment

• hindri23
                                Roth Army Recruit
                                • Jun 2009

I got ahold of tektron71 today and he said he didn't make that plate and said he couldn't make it because of copyright infringement...Is there possibly another guy who made the plate for you?

Comment

Working...