X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by GAR
    I dunno bout you Indeedido - here you go again with another forged decal.
    So you cap on him for putting logos on his replicas, and me for not??
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• indeedido
      Veteran
      • Feb 2004

I make a better decal than Fender. At least I can hide mine so it looks silk screened. Fender's show the edge all the way around the decal. If you're going to do something, do it right! I go all the way when I make a guitar replica. I would never pass it off as anything other than what it is. Plus all Ibanez lovers would know right off the bat it was a fake. Just like Elvis spotting the fake Fenders. I just like the challenge of making a logo. It's not quite as easy as it seems. I also don't care for how Ibanez puts their logos on. They use vinyl logos that are a few mm thick. I think that is the easy way out but looks cheap. I like the silk screened look.

The switch I'm using is an Ibanez switch called the VLX-91. It is like a megaswitch in that it gives you infinite coil tapping options. I got all Ibanez parts off of ebay so it may as well be an Ibanez so I'm not ashamed of the logo. Just didn't have to pay $2500 for it!
      Last edited by indeedido; 06-28-2009, 03:41 PM.
      This space for rent.

Comment

• GAR
        Banned
        • Jan 2004

Fender would do two shots of clear, sanded with dry 320, then the logo and one more shot of lacquer.

So what if the edges show, in the preCBS ones there was no clear overcoat of the decal at ALL!

Comment

• GAR
          Banned
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
          So you cap on him for putting logos on his replicas, and me for not??
          Serial numbers not logos.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by gar
            fender would do two shots of clear, sanded with dry 320, then the logo and one more shot of lacquer.

So what if the edges show, in the precbs ones there was no clear overcoat of the decal at all!
            wrong!

Wrong!

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by GAR
              Serial numbers not logos.

Again, you're a dummy...mine do have serial numbers.
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• GAR
                Banned
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                wrong!

Wrong!
                Shh I'm trying to "help".

Comment

• GAR
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2004

Again, you're a dummy...mine do have serial numbers.
                  So if you find one stolen the police report you submit to your renter's insurance co. will say "serial number 0001, one electric guitar made from wood."

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

He can put a personal serial number on it under the clear for theft and identification...

Comment

• indeedido
                      Veteran
                      • Feb 2004

I put all kinds of stuff under the neck, and in the neck pocket. Anything can be scratched off, but most people don't take the necks off. At least not for quite some time. So it's as good a place as any to put an id
                      This space for rent.

Comment

• GAR
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by indeedido
                        I put all kinds of stuff under the neck, and in the neck pocket. Anything can be scratched off, but most people don't take the necks off. At least not for quite some time. So it's as good a place as any to put an id
                        How about something visible to an idiot cop in a stolen merchandise raid? Cops are pretty fucken street-stupid, if you dont make that serial plain as day, they're not gonna disassemble the guitar for ID'ing.. and anotehr thing, lets say you spot the thing in a local band and call 911.

Idiot cop shows up and asks the guitar player in the club to take the neck off to ID the thing which he could rightfully deny and leave you screwed. Then he goes home tipped off to the hidden ID and scrapes or paints over it.

NIce thinking Sherlock: that's like that Max Guitars guy who puts little magnets and BB's under the headstock overlay - he goes to a guitar show and tells the vintage seller asking $60,000 for his tobacco '58 'paul' "Oh yeah I remember doing this one, look there's a magnet under here.. yup, did that one in 1993 I think.." to watch the guys' jaw drop as his whole world collapses in his little brain...

If you're gonna fake stuff, fake something you're gonna get back at the rate of 50 or 60 bucks an hour. Not a piece of shit Ibanez that has 1987 written all over it - plus if you're gonna do this - why promote Ibanez?

Promote yourself, make a logo decal of your own and have something noone could have being, your own brand.

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

FYI, GAyR...you can also have radio IDs implanted in the bodies, similar to the ones they implant in pets.

And why do you care (or think anyone even remotely gives a shit what YOU think) about what someone else builds in the first place?

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• indeedido
                            Veteran
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                            How about something visible to an idiot cop in a stolen merchandise raid? Cops are pretty fucken street-stupid, if you dont make that serial plain as day, they're not gonna disassemble the guitar for ID'ing.. and anotehr thing, lets say you spot the thing in a local band and call 911.

Idiot cop shows up and asks the guitar player in the club to take the neck off to ID the thing which he could rightfully deny and leave you screwed. Then he goes home tipped off to the hidden ID and scrapes or paints over it.

NIce thinking Sherlock: that's like that Max Guitars guy who puts little magnets and BB's under the headstock overlay - he goes to a guitar show and tells the vintage seller asking $60,000 for his tobacco '58 'paul' "Oh yeah I remember doing this one, look there's a magnet under here.. yup, did that one in 1993 I think.." to watch the guys' jaw drop as his whole world collapses in his little brain...

If you're gonna fake stuff, fake something you're gonna get back at the rate of 50 or 60 bucks an hour. Not a piece of shit Ibanez that has 1987 written all over it - plus if you're gonna do this - why promote Ibanez?

Promote yourself, make a logo decal of your own and have something noone could have being, your own brand.

If I see someone playing MY guitar out, he'll be the one calling the cops because I can and would serve a beat down like it's nobody's business. I repo my own stuff.

I wouldn't exactly call it a fake. I'm not trying to fool anyone. Anyone with common sense can tell this is not an actual Ibanez. I didn't go to those lengths. I could have. I could have made a serial number for the back of the headstock. I could have used reflective gold vinyl for the logo. Blah blah blah. I'm building a guitar that I want. Not for you, not for sale. Like I said I like the 7VWH but not the gold. There is nothing special about the wood Ibanez, Gibson, or anyone else uses. Other than not "Ibanez wood" it has all the same parts. If I want to put a logo on my guitar, my prerogative. I don't have to explain myself to you or anyone else. Don't be jealous, I'll make you a guitar too.
                            This space for rent.

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Yeah, go ahead and get started on GAyR's plywood Charvette replica...

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Coyote
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Is that one of the ones marketed as a "mega" or super-switch?

Megaswitch E-Model at Stewart-MacDonald

Going by the top right diagram above, and comparing it to the one in your picture, looks like it accomplishes the same thing...
                                The lower left looks interesting...
                                Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

Working...