• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

STFU.
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• GAR
      Banned
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
      ..think Rhoads...should be sick!! Probably will end up replacing half the PODfarm tracks at this rate
      Most definately will be replacing.. nuff said.

What's your favorite Rhoads track btw..

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Nearly constructive post alert!

Originally posted by GAR
        Most definately will be replacing.. nuff said.

What's your favorite Rhoads track btw..
        Can't say I disagree there (except perhaps on the spelling of 'definitely') ...thinking they'll be (for the most part) superfluous now, except for some of the clean tracks I put down.

You'd be happy to know the speaker cabinet emulation chosen is sampled from a cab w/vintage Greenbacks, btw.

As for Rhoads tracks, what's not to like? But it depends, I guess - but one of the reasons I'm trying the 57/U87 combo is that's what I read was used, particularly on Diary. I'm kind of looking for a "Tonight" vibe on some backing rhythm tracks -big, distorted chordal parts.
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• GAR
          Banned
          • Jan 2004

Ah, a little melancholy to go with that final paycheck.. been there, felt that alright.

From the pics of that session, it looks like a really really deadened-up room and to the ear I'd say the reverb was added after the track.

Try recording just straight no-fx tracks, expecting to process a chorus before the reverbs later - then fool around with the mic'ing placements as an idea, is what I'd try first.

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Final paycheck? "Immigrant steal yer job" again? :eek: Sorry to hear that.

Not adding reverb at all on this. Nothing added during recording - no compression, EQ, anything, just basic direct amp tracks.
            There will be, however, a couple of points where I'll be using my echo presets for a second or two here and there, but the idea is to approach the track more like I'd pull off the part live anyway. But not putting a bunch of chorus on the rhythm tracks or anything if that's what you mean.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• GO-SPURS-GO
              Sniper
              • Feb 2007

Don't even try to rationalize your bullshit. Yeah I saw it - and it wasn't you playing, it was you sucking up to the two resident troll fucksticks in this forum. It's LAME, and therefore groan-worthy.

New Rule: If they (or you) don't have anything relevant to post in here, it's GONE. Officially done with this shit.

Okay.. It might have been lame, but I WAS only playing, honest to God, J. I apologize to you if you really thought that I wasn’t. I’ve heard all your stuff from the three myspace sites you have, and from your youtube and other video channels, and I know you’ve probably seen my stuff. So why in the world would you think I had the room to be making fun of you? I respect the hell out of you as a musician, and more importantly.. as a human being! So I would never, ever make fun of you. Even though he doesn’t do it, there’s only one person on this board who wouldn’t look stupid if he made fun of other musicians here.

I always see and in your posts to Gar, so I just assumed all this off topic sparring was in fun. But since I now see you’re about it, I’ll abide by your new rule. It’ll be hard, because I think it’s funny, but I see why it would get tiresome.
              https://www.facebook.com/warren.hammonds.58
              http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1001063

Comment

• GAR
                Banned
                • Jan 2004

Even though he doesn’t do it, there’s only one person on this board who wouldn’t look stupid if he made fun of other musicians here.
                Lesfunk?

Comment

• Blackflag
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2006

Are you finished being a little bitch yet? You're actually going to try to go martyr on us here? Seriously? Go fuck yourself.

I'm not quite middle aged yet sorry. Jobless? Wrong. And I think the word you were looking for there, dumbfuck - is "uneducated" - which you just inadvertently proved yourself to be...again, wrong. Bitch.
                  Nice try at projection, though. :tongue0011: Guess you can blame the self-ownage on the cold meds, huh?

You have nothing to contribute, you don't know jack about anything, to where you'd be able to offer any sort of opinion other than "uh, I bet it sucks" - and all you can do is try to derail. Congrats on another epic fail.
                  Note that you just piss and moan about my choice of words, but don't dispute what I'm saying.

So, I had a friend who used to rock it out hard every night, living the dream, and spent the days as an assistant or janitor in some doctor's office, or something...

Then he turned 35, and he decided to grow up and get on with his life. Went to college, owns a house now, etc. Just 15 years behind everybody he grew up with...but better late than never, right?

But you think you're not another douchebag - so it's ok to take yourself too seriously. Because you're the man, right? Piss on me. Make Go Spurs Go grovel and apologize to you. Whatever, man. You think you'll be any different at 35?

You know who should take themselves seriously? People who perform surgery. You know who should sit down and shut the fuck up? You.

Here's to not taking yourself so seriously, Hale.

Comment

• jhale667
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Then get OVER YOURSELF already, bitch!

Originally posted by Blackflag
                    You know who should take themselves seriously? People who perform surgery. You know who should sit down and shut the fuck up? You.

Here's to not taking yourself so seriously, Hale.

Dude, the only person taking themselves too seriously here is YOU, so why don't you take your own advice...and STFU. I'd say quit while you're ahead, but it's already too late for that...

Sorry you're still stuck in that janitorial position, btw...

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

And we know you're really talking about yourself, btw...

Note that you just piss and moan about my choice of words, but don't dispute what I'm saying.
                      Since we all know you're making it up as you go along, why would I need to dispute you? You're full of shit.

I'm not a wannabe, dropped the "rock star" aspiration years ago - but you are most certainly a has-been/never was.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• GAR
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2004

Sorry you're still stuck in that janitorial position, btw...
                        With your sparsely-dedecorated place contrived in Early Salvation Army, you ain't far off that same course but it's where you wanna be at your age far be it from me to criticize.

I'm just saying I hope you're not stuck and that you're getting ahead with what you wish to accomplish these next couple months ahead while you're unemfuckingployed.

Comment

• GAR
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2004

So, I had a friend who used to rock it out hard every night, living the dream, and spent the days as an assistant or janitor in some doctor's office, or something...

Then he turned 35, and he decided to grow up and get on with his life.
                          That sounds like some of my old bandmates, minus the growed up/got on with life thingy..

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Uh, yeah.

I'm gonna go ahead and call the EL34 SM57/U87 test was a success, so much so that I'm going to re-track all the (current and all future) dirty rhythms this way.
                            The U87 emulation actually sounds way better than the SM57 (much like the real one probably, I've only used 57s personally)...
                            I didn't go too wacky on the placement again, just ran the sampled U87/grille. actually had it mixed up louder when I was listening to the playback..
                            Cameraphone vid doesn't really do it justice; and posting one here would just start another bitchfest anyway. But yes, again, KILLING the PODfarm tracks.. I might keep the Bogner and Marshall Plexi emulations on some, but they're gonna be mixed waaaay low. I am gonna keep a lot the cleans I did w/PODfarm, it's great for that stuff.

But for anyone -y'know, non-troll that is actually interested in home recording, I would totally recommend checking this software out....especially if you have an amp with a recording or even a slave out...it's only $69 for the combo with the Vintage and Modern sets (haven't even gotten to Modern yet...hahaha)

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• GAR
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2004

I dunno about this emulated U87, but the real thing has such high sensitivity it's wonderful. You can really bury the gain on it with a compressor/limiter to make it increase between low volume vamping and jazz mute strumming before limiting it for full volume rolloff cranked barrchording.

But I would choose two 57's, parallel wired, single preamp single channel for the main input. Aim one about 1" from the perceived edge of the cone at the last flex-roll, and one about 1" from the perceived edge of the voicecoil (which is easy with greenbacks - the golfball dustcap edge meets the voicecoil just about).

Does this program allow distance miking? Set the 57s on one channel, the second channel do the U87 on and gank the gain on input till it barely feedsback, then back off a hair.

Then pan between channels: the 57 will be meaty and bassy, the U87 is gonna be airy and echoey the way it should. You're trying to get room ambience and echo with it so when you put the U87 in the mix, it's not for clarity. It's for colour.

Comment

• jhale667
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Wishing it won't make it so, bitch boy.

Again, you don't have anything relevant to contribute...fucking troll.

Originally posted by GAR
                                With your sparsely-dedecorated place contrived in Early Salvation Army
                                Cough, cough "van by the river..." cough

What color is the sky in your world?
                                And you'd know about my "dedecorations" from a few pictures of A) a wall, and B ) guitars on a bed....on however many websites you're stalking me on these days and how many visits to my place, asshat? Oh yeah, none.

And that's one of the couches I've given away you're sleeping on under the overpass, hammerhead.

far be it from me to criticize.
                                Especially when you obviously have no idea wtf you're talking about...so STFU.

I'm just saying I hope you're not stuck and that you're getting ahead with what you wish to accomplish these next couple months ahead while you're unemfuckingployed.
                                I'm just saying I hope you're not stuck posting from the library for the rest of your life.
                                Why must you always project your own sad personal issues on others? You're the unemployed one, remember? The one with the limited skill set that ensures you can be more cheaply replaced by a migrant worker, as you so regularly point out, fucking Wiki-master..

Once again, did you have anything relevant to the thread to contribute - y'know perhaps about the software the thread is about, recording guitars in general or did you just wanna toss out some more troll bullshit?

Surprised you haven't trolled the Recabinet website and trying to act like you know more about it than everyone else....

Sad little personal vendetta (you still hate me for my 'clean' guitars, I know)'s got you off your game too...and at this hour, shouldn't you be trolling for cock on Santa Monica Blvd by now anyway?

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

Working...