• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
    SILENCE!!!!

As property of jhale677 and Diamondjimi you are not permitted to speak.
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

I have a 688

Comment

• Matt White
        • Jun 2004

Wow.....I've been using a Monster cable for more years than I can remember...best cable I've ever bought.....no problems at this point.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....:confused:

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
          Wow.....I've been using a Monster cable for more years than I can remember...best cable I've ever bought.....no problems at this point.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....:confused:
          Yet more proof a certain troll has NO IDEA WTF he's talking about...

...with the exception of a couple of DIY Planet-Waves cables I made for my board, my entire signal chain is Monster cable. Monster Jazz cables, to be specific. Their 'Rock' cables tend to be more high-endy frequency-wise by design, didn't need that. But they sound great, and people who aren't deaf (admittedly, even) can hear the difference.

Last edited by jhale667; 10-15-2009, 06:08 PM.
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Matt White
            • Jun 2004

Mine is a Pro Link Standard 100 series....I really should buy some more....

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

I mean, how can you have a problem with a product that has a lifetime guarantee, y'know?
              Again, I've only had to replace one in so many years...great stuff.
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• GAR
                Banned
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                They do not suffer typical abuse very well, such as cabinet wheels rolling over 'em, people stepping on em, removal by the cord instead of pulling on the shell-end of the input jack.

I don't know if this typical of Monster or not, but when I repair the cords I have left - I remove the shell to resolder the signal side to the tip connection, and when I get in there I of course see what I expect to see - that the connection is broken for whatever reason (stress, strain, the usual tugging etc.).

But what I dont' expect to see, is how they just crimp the tip connection to the signal side, and do not solder it.

If they expect to get away with that by way of the "lifetime warranty" I think that's unnecessary bullshit.

There's a saying in car sales "only the worst cars require the best warranties" because it's an indication of the thing falling apart, and as it happens, such has been my experience with Monster Cables.

And not just a few, a whole set. Plus, some RCA-studio quality gold-tipped cables, too for recording purpose.

I have not been happy with Monster but that doesn't mean others won't enjoy their own use of 'em. I need performance-standard stuff that is forgiving of abuse and Monsters are not of that ilk at all. I know, I have repaired most of 'em.

The ones I haven't repaired have been fuckin' noisey shit, they get harvested of their jacks and clipped into 2 ft lengths to tie up tomatoes in the garden.

Fuck Monster!

Comment

• GAR
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                  ...with the exception of a couple of DIY Planet-Waves cables I made for my board, my entire signal chain is Monster cable.
                  Planet Waves is Kaman's cheap-line cables, made in China and about the same quality as the Monsters in shielded-audio.

Monster's good for speaker cables, but I beef mine up by resoldering inside, and adding heat shrink inside and out:

1 heatshrink insulating the signal connex
                  1 insulating over BOTH connex running past the shell 1/4"
                  and then 1 heatshrink running the full shell past the end about an inch.

Comment

• jhale667
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Yammer, yammer, yammer...

Lies. With as much extra sheilding that's in a Monster (even the speaker cables, which I also use) to start with, but the time you did that it'd be the thickness of a garden hose...and the end wouldn't fit over it anymore...

Actually, Monster Studio cable is already as thick as a garden hose... If they were as crappy as you claim, perhaps more than one of mine would've died...but they don't. If the free exchange deal was losing them money, one imagines they'd end it.

Do yourself a favor...schlep yourself down to the Lawndale Guitar Center, or whichever one's closest to the overpass you sleep under and ask one of the Accessory Dept. guys to show you the example cross-section of all grades of Monster they sell (every GC counter has one) Standard, Rock, Jazz, Studio, etc. so you might actually have an inkling of an idea what you're talking about. They have more shielding than anything else on the market.

But if you really want to debate the merits of cabling, start another thread, jackass...

Where's the MP3, Gordo? In your storage space with your imaginary guitars?

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• GAR
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                      Lies. With as much extra sheilding that's in a Monster (even the speaker cables, which I also use) to start with, but the time you did that it'd be the thickness of a garden hose...and the end wouldn't fit over it anymore..
                      Once you pull your head out, pull out a connector shell and you'll see for yourself how these things are assembled to the signal and shield connections.

Their shit, made in China (mine are made in Mexico so that shows their age, thank yewW) and are microphonic.

To test shielded cables for microphonics, up your amp gain then roll the guitar vol off and shake the cords:

If you hear rocks and bottles sound, thats what the FUCK I'm talking about.

Since you never club or have toured yourself, you wouldn't know. And if you're a "sometimes-tech" guy working for other players, their standards are about as high as you could lug their gear.

So, really Jay, you're a Bellhop. Do not call yourself a guitar tech - at least bellhops belong to the hotel workers industry and get tips plus benefits. You wouldn't want them insulted..

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

Garfuckle really doesn't care what it is we talk about. He is a TROLL by definition, meaning he will argue stuff for no reason.

He spent too many days on Thorazine as a child at the Home For Mentally Deranged Children watching Monty Python's "Argument Clinic" sketch.

He has an overwhelming need to prove himself right, no matter what the subject is, no matter how obvious it is that he is full of shit.

So he is going to waste as much time as possible trying to prove to the WORLD that he knows what he is talking about, because he cannot bear the thought of being seen as the fucking moron he truly is.

His Daddy hit him upside the head with a rubber hose one too many times while they were having their "private time" sessions with Daddy's strange friends who liked to dress up in women's clothing.

He was not allowed to talk back, and was told what an idiot he was so many times that he is now pathologically incapable of admitting it is true.

Comment

• GAR
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2004

I have some bad cable you may have to enjoy the choking-sex with.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

Ahhh so that is what you think guitar cables are for, eh?

Figures.

This is why your IQ is so low. Lack of oxygen to the brain.

Comment

• GAR
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2004

This is why you're an online-bully: lack of enough kids to beat your brains in on the playground to make reality sink in deep enough.

I hope staterun health insurance gives you the mental help you really need once it kicks in 8 years from now if it passes.

Comment

• jhale667
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Another lie - and another epic FAIL.

Originally posted by GAR

Since you never club or have toured yourself, you wouldn't know. And if you're a "sometimes-tech" guy working for other players, their standards are about as high as you could lug their gear.
                                ...Attempting to lecture me on a cable test, FFS? That really is all you've got, huh?

Again, you FAIL.

Classic! But I HAVE gigged more than you by your own admission, turd-burglar, REMEMBER???? Bloody hell, this year alone, which I took off, btw - by playing ONE! Stupid fuck.

Guess you forgot that little admission/factoid...must be the (not so) early-onset Alzheimer's/Dementia kicking in again...wear a hat when you go out, the sun's obviously cooking your little bald brain...and not helping you with the continued self-ownage....
                                Overweight mental AND literal midget....

Post an MP3. Or a picture of a guitar you actually own, or STFU.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

Working...