Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Pro Fuck Ups

• sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

1st off...I fucking hate Lars. Always have, always will. Especially seeing a clip of him in the studio sipping hot tea. he was complaining about having to come back to work after a year off. He said "argh...I want my vacation back!" And while sipping hot tea? You fucking pussy! QUIT! Go back to playing tennis or baking cookies in your hollow tree home. Let a hungry drummer take your spot that doesn't view playing drums for Metallica work and a chore. It's called "playing" the drums for a reason. It is supposed to be fun. If you are only doing it for the money, you are a god dammed sellout.

Anyways, in defense of Kirk here, James writes some really really weird twitchy riffs. Just the timing of how you play them are really fucking hard to nail down. Best example is Disposable Heroes. Man, I've been trying that whole opening piece for 25 years now & still can't get it right. So off timing & twitchy. So yeah, Kirk is going to have a little trouble getting it down at first. Doesn't mean he sucks.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
      I fucking hate Lars.

I agree self.

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Metallica's record sales are inversely proportional to their talent.

Comment

• lesfunk
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Metallica sucks mainly because their music is devoid of anything musical
          http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

Well...they launched with those 1st three albums because of the awesome catchy riffs. Written by Dave Mustaine. You can hear those old songs & just tell what is a Mustaine penned riff.

Also, James is extremely likable. Cool voice, has the right look & attitude, and writes some decent shit with very very very cool lyrics. Maybe some of the best lyrics for metal ever.

But they are a much greater band than the sum of all their parts.

I still fucking hate Lars more than anything. I didn't care for Newsted either. That said, I totally dig Trujillo 110%. Love that guy. Kirk is hard to hate. He is like your little brother that tries really hard & is too nice for you to tell him to go fuck himself.

Comment

• ashstralia
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Feb 2004

lars sucks hard. i'll bet he was a sucky tennis player too.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I was on the dance floor in a club a couple of months ago and they played 3 big songs in a row something like Panama, Paradise City and the Stones.

DJ then followed it up with Sad But True.

After about a verse I suddenly had a moment of clarity, this is fucking childish rubbish. You wouldn't take it to your band members in the garage at 17, how do they get away with it?

Any hoo I know that's obviously not everyones opinion judging by the 80 million album sales or whatever it is.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by sadaist
                  Kirk is hard to hate. He is like your little brother that tries really hard & is too nice for you to tell him to go fuck himself.
                  Sounds like my cat and sounds like my cat.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

You call the SM cat as well ??

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

I've always known lars was a way overrated drummer...

I guarantee I'm quite a bit better than he is...

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

"I'm used to having the drummer do the...beat part."

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

They should have made "METALLITAP The Movie."

:ELVIS:

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                            So were Pat Boone's. This has been a staple of the music industry since recording was invented. Hell, even a snot-nosed punk like Pete Townshend knew it in 1965 or so, when he said "If you steer away from quality, you're alright."

Interviewer: But wouldn't you say a group like The Beatles have a certain musical quality?
                            Pete Townshend: Oooh, that's a tough question. Alright, actually, this afternoon, John and I were listening to a stereo LP of The Beatles, in which the voices come out of the one side and the backing track came out of the other. And when you actually hear the backing tracks of The Beatles without their voices, they're flippin' lousy.
                            Last edited by chefcraig; 03-09-2011, 01:18 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I can understand and forgive people not being that great at their instruments when they get signed, songs are the main thing and image is obviously really important.

What I don't get is these guys that are still pretty shit after being a professional musician(or drummer) for 30 years which is kind of what I was trying to make this thread about rather than drifting into a rant about Metallica.

I read an interview once where Hank Marvin said he didn't improve his guitar playing between about 1964 and 1989. I salute his honesty but WTF?

Comment

Working...