X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
    What is a "tune" by ELVIS standards, then......

Dying to hear this.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• LoungeMachine
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
      Originally posted by cadaverdog
      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

I really dunno...for me, ELVIS' "I'm Runnin" track was about the best thing I've heard in quite a while around here. Yeah, it's short and full of missed notes, yet from my perspective (having grown up on The Faces and The Replacements), bum notes are not only OK, they are a valued part of a musician's repertoire.

So what, the guy doesn't have a hundred and fifty clips of his work at some hard to download page. Big fucking deal, the truth is, I haven't laid down or even attempted to record anything of worth since sometime in 2006. I'm not so sure the well has gone dry, but honestly, rather than getting a bunch of cables hooked up to record my latest opus after a hard day of pounding my pud at work, I'd prefer to nail some beers and watch basic cable tv. And anything I do put down is on a 1998 cassette 4 track and pretty much forgotten by the next morning.

Look, I appreciate the passion and drive some of you guys have for the creation of music. Yet in all honesty, I simply ain't that guy I was twenty something years ago, nor do I wish to be him. This isn't to say I'm done with the discovery of music (Shit, you guys know by now that if I find something cool or derivative, I'll jump through hoops of fire to display it via Youtubish clips or links), but by the same token, from a selfish, ego-driven creative standpoint, the passion just ain't there so much anymore.

So yeah, ELVIS puts up one track. The fact is, he fucking did. In and of itself, this allows him an opinion on the work of others. OK, my logic here comes directly from the mouth of Josh Lyman from The West Wing tv show:

"If you don't serve jury duty, you can't complain about the OJ trial."

He (the King, not Josh, sorry for any confusion) did make an effort. No, he did not flood the ether with countless amounts of musical hysteria, rather he put out one short track. And in my way of thinking, that gives the guy a pass.

And if ya don't agree with his thinking, that's fine. Much of the time, I believe the guy is a fucking gassed-out bonehead. Big deal. Point is, for all of the reasons to sling handfuls of steamingly hot shit at the guy, harping on his musical output is some fairly weak and low hanging fruit to swing at.

Of course, yer mileage may vary. Fuck this, it's 7:48 in the morning. I'm going to toast some frozen waffles and have a couple of beers.

Roth/Rock On, ya shitheads.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

Totally valid if e didn't aim at the low fruit just as much , but when all is said and done E loves the banter .
          He sets them up for people to shoot at and if am any where hear the mark he would be gutted if people didnt take a shot at the title but wtf do I know .
          Any way drinking before 8am impressive constitution
          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by jhale667
            It's a well-known fact Luke used a Seiko tuner.
            You're the expert...

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by chefcraig
              Roth/Rock On, ya shitheads.
              Will do...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I said I liked ELVIS' recording.

The problem is ELVIS being hyper critical of almost every other posters contribution which I'm pretty sure discourages lots of people from putting their stuff up.

It's not surprising if some people start to wonder if his attitude comes from his own frustration.

A few years ago when I was doing the same as him, trying to get some songs together without a outlet I was watching a covers band in a small bar and found myself saying 'Look at that, fucking typical I knew he would fuck that bit up'.

The guy was playing 'For the Love of God' by Steve Vai really well but ducked a couple of the most difficult bits.

Fortunately I had enough self awareness to realize I was being a total fucking dick and needed to shut the fuck up and maybe go get a band together and stop standing with my arms crossed criticizing other people.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I should add he's actually been ok about my stuff it was him having a go at a 15 year old DRUMMER's guitar playing that really pushed me over the edge on this...

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

i wasn't trying to be a dick towards that kid...

I was just posting my thoughts as I always do...

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister

The problem is ELVIS being hyper critical of almost every other posters contribution which I'm pretty sure discourages lots of people from putting their stuff up.
                      I think that's quite unfair and untrue...

I'm an equal opportunity asshole and I call EVERYTHING as I see it, without bias...

Unless ofcourse, it's jfail...

But I put my thoughts out there, unsensored...

There are some hard personalities around here that have tried to get under my skin forever, and I welcome it, no problem...

But I give it back and I see no need to bite my tongue...

But look, I love my friends here, and that includes everyone I take the time to interact with...

I'm just not PC and that's how it is...period...

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        I should add he's actually been ok about my stuff
                        Yeah, you got the right idea...

It's your front man I don't like...at all...ruins everything in my opinion...

Find a vocalist with some depth and some thoughtful lyrics and you might do well...

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by chefcraig
                          I really dunno...for me, ELVIS' "I'm Runnin" track was about the best thing I've heard in quite a while around here. Yeah, it's short and full of missed notes, yet from my perspective (having grown up on The Faces and The Replacements), bum notes are not only OK, they are a valued part of a musician's repertoire.

I sure appreciate that...

And I have more, quite a bit more that I'm getting to and I'll share it when I can...

It took a LOT of effort just to get that first clip together and I'm still going...

I just got very very busy like all of us...

But thanks again...

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                            You're the expert...
                            No you're the one that (falsely) makes that claim regularly, on a variety of subjects - when everything you post indicates otherwise.

And yes, it IS fair and true to say you're a hypercritical dick, and were a complete ass to that kid.

It "took a LOT of effort" for you to put your one clip together? Really? Didn't you say you've done "lots" of recording before?
                            Originally posted by conmee
                            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                            Originally posted by eddie78
                            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Sure, but I built a fucking dwelling and a studio and assembled a real sound system and a nice Mac Pro based recording system and spent lots of money and invested 100% of my free time to get to this point...

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

And managed to post here 36,286 times while trying to practice...

Comment

Working...