X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TWSguitarist
    Groupie
    • Dec 2013

Frankenstrat guitar

So Eddie Van Halen is the reason I play guitar. Well I don't want to play some gay stupid guitar. I want to play the best looking and sounding guitar ever created the Frankenstrat! Or atleast a replica of it. Here is the replica I made a few months ago.
    Attached Files
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

It stinks...

Comment

• dazzlindino
      Head Fluffer
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by TWSguitarist
      So Eddie Van Halen is the reason I play guitar. Well I don't want to play some gay stupid guitar. I want to play the best looking and sounding guitar ever created the Frankenstrat! Or atleast a replica of it. Here is the replica I made a few months ago.
      damn good job...dont mind elvis.....he is too busy reading the bible to ever say something nice.....
      I want my music waking up the dead.....dont tell me to turn it down

Comment

• Zing!
        Veteran
        • Oct 2011

I dig it. What's the story? Where'd you cobble together the bits and pieces?
        My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

He just turned 16.

His Dad (Dickhead) is the one that helped me build my buggy. He is an incredible fabricator, and has the patience and attention to detail that I don't have.

This kid is trying to get every detail right on this guitar. He has been busting his ass on it for awhile. He has done it, and redone it, several times. Improving it every time.

I'm going to let him do my Kramer replica. I"m not going for the relic look though.

Comment

• TWSguitarist
            Groupie
            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Zing!
            I dig it. What's the story? Where'd you cobble together the bits and pieces?
            It was originally a crappy franky I painted kit guitar. So I bought it for $200 and painted it. Then a few months ago repainted it an added a real Floyd Rose. Going to ge right reflectors and EVH pickup soon. As well as Shaller tuners. I actually am possibly going to re paint it again because two stripe are slightly off. As for Von's guitar I'm doing that as soon as he brings it over.

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
              It stinks...
              Spoken like the failed musician you truly are.

Comment

• Zing!
                Veteran
                • Oct 2011

So what's the final tab on a project like this? I have an interest in doing something similar (god knows I love frankenstriping shit) but I'm also an eternal cheapskate. I seem to recall a similar thread a while back but I don't recall the builder.

Comment

• Zing!
                  Veteran
                  • Oct 2011

As for Von's guitar I'm doing that as soon as he brings it over.
                  How's 2015 looking for ya? That might be the next time he gets up off his ass (assuming =VH= gets off theirs that is...)

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

Von's guitar is gonna have a rainbow paint scheme!! Hahahaha!
                    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Sweet looking Frankie, TWS!
                      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Kristy
                        Spoken like the failed musician you truly are.
                        Shaddup...

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

It was originally a crappy franky I painted kit guitar. So I bought it for $200 and painted it. Then a few months ago repainted it an added a real Floyd Rose. Going to ge right reflectors and EVH pickup soon. As well as Shaller tuners. I actually am possibly going to re paint it again because two stripe are slightly off. As for Von's guitar I'm doing that as soon as he brings it over.
                          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Mushroom
                            Commando
                            • Jul 2009

Impressive, good job

Comment

• TWSguitarist
                              Groupie
                              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Zing!
                              So what's the final tab on a project like this? I have an interest in doing something similar (god knows I love frankenstriping shit) but I'm also an eternal cheapskate. I seem to recall a similar thread a while back but I don't recall the builder.
                              In my crappy one with in correct parts right now about $300 has been put into this guitar. When I'm done it will be about $500. I sell replicas for like $900. There's this one guy that I'm building one for now. Frankenstriping everything I can. It's like smoking... Once you start it's hard to quit.

Comment

Working...