• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VAiN
    Use my hand, I won't look
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by TWSguitarist
    In my crappy one with in correct parts right now about $300 has been put into this guitar. When I'm done it will be about $500. I sell replicas for like $900. There's this one guy that I'm building one for now. Frankenstriping everything I can. It's like smoking... Once you start it's hard to quit.
    $900 is a very fair price for something like this. I have a 'Roly' 5150 Kramer that I purchased about 10 years ago for $1250.
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VAiN
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

It was originally a crappy franky I painted kit guitar. So I bought it for $200 and painted it. Then a few months ago repainted it an added a real Floyd Rose. Going to ge right reflectors and EVH pickup soon. As well as Shaller tuners. I actually am possibly going to re paint it again because two stripe are slightly off. As for Von's guitar I'm doing that as soon as he brings it over.
      Great job, it really looks good! You'll LOVE the EVH pickup. I put one in my Kramer and it sounds amazing.
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• TWSguitarist
        Groupie
        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by VAiN
        Great job, it really looks good! You'll LOVE the EVH pickup. I put one in my Kramer and it sounds amazing.
        Yeah I heard its like a $300 pickup for like $150. Where's you get that Kramer? Mean street guitars? I hate his frankenstrat. He has too many inaccuracies for his price.

Comment

• VAiN
          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Frankenstrat guitar

Yeah I heard its like a $300 pickup for like $150. Where's you get that Kramer? Mean street guitars? I hate his frankenstrat. He has too many inaccuracies for his price.
          Got it from a guy named Roly who used to make them and did a pretty good job. He was somewhere in the SW - Phoenix, I think.. Can't remember anymore. I heard he was told to stop by Eddie's people so I think I have one of his last ones.

Comment

• TWSguitarist
            Groupie
            • Dec 2013

Got it from a guy named Roly who used to make them and did a pretty good job. He was somewhere in the SW - Phoenix, I think.. Can't remember anymore. I heard he was told to stop by Eddie's people so I think I have one of his last ones.
            That sucks. I advertise over YouTube (TWSguitarist) and do business over email and PayPal. No website for me. Looks like he did a decent job. Some relicing is off. I'm OCD with inaccuracies especially on franky replicas. Mine isn't perfect in one spot. The little red triangle under the # looking symbol is off. The black stripe is too high up and as a result the # is shifted farther up and the red triangle under it is too big. But other than that mine looks amazing or terrible depending on how you look at it.

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Pay no attention to Elvis. He'd rather see homemade Malmsteen guitars.
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Von Halen
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

There is nothing original about Malmsteen's playing, or his guitars. Malmsteen is a legend in his own mind, and Elvis's. The greatest form of flattery is imitation. Malmsteen has never had his playing, or his shitty guitars, copied.

Comment

• Satan
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                  Would that look like a doughnut or something like that?
                  Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                  I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Not exactly like a donut, but with glazed donut fingerprints under the finish and a sticky fingerboard.
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

$900 is a very fair price for something like this. I have a 'Roly' 5150 Kramer that I purchased about 10 years ago for $1250.
                      That's awesome VAiN. Did the guy distress the frets or is that from actual play?

Comment

• jacksmar
                        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                        Wasn't there a Fender Malmsteen?

Anyway, it looks great. I tried to Frankenstein a BC Rich about a year ago. It plays great but looks like dirt. Anyone that was really influenced by Eddie should try this at least once. It's a real eye opener.

Roth on.
                        A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• VAiN
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                          That's awesome VAiN. Did the guy distress the frets or is that from actual play?
                          Thanks man.. I recently had the frets dressed and the guitar set-up. What you're seeing there is actual staining of the fretboard from the build and years of my grimy mitts on it. It's a fun guitar to play and a good conversation piece.

Comment

• VAiN
                            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Some relicing is off. I'm OCD with inaccuracies especially on franky replicas.
                            Yeah, it's close enough for me.. I hear what you're saying though and definitely respect attention to detail.

Comment

• So this is love
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2012

Nice! I am going to get myself one of these franks and a wolfgang for my 50th birthday...I have been dreaming of this all of my life...
                              Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• VAiN
                                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Frankenstrat guitar

Originally posted by So this is love
                                Nice! I am going to get myself one of these franks and a wolfgang for my 50th birthday...I have been dreaming of this all of my life...
                                Fuck yeah! Do it, you'll thank yourself everyday! I love my guitars and will never part with them. The Wolfgangs are nice instruments.. I have a couple of the Peavey ones and love them. I REALLY want a new Stealth, but the 3k price-point keeps it out if reach for me at the moment.

Here are my wolfs:

2001 Standard

1999 Special

Comment

Working...