X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

MSG review

Met up with my good buddy, Chris. We gawk at the marquee to see the name Van Halen in lights. Step into the Garden and what's the first thing we hear? Fucking Dreams blasting as we check out the shirts. What the?? Got me the grey motorcycle one. Go to our kick ass seats. Kool and the Gang tore shit up for 40 minutes. Hollywood Swingin and Jungle Boogie smoked. I walked up to the front after they were done to try to find Momshell to no avail. Went back to row 19 seat 6, sat down andwatched the simple yet classy stage come to life. I'm 6 ft tall. Some guy every bit of 6 ft 5" plops right in front of me. Go figure. No cat walk. Dance floor's been Swiffered. Let's go...

(Oddly, the amazing search light intro used forever is sacked)
    You Really Got Me
    Runnin' with the Devil
    She's The Woman
    Romeo Delight (blazing)
    Tattoo (Ed broke out a Charvel guitar / giant balloons descend from top section)
    Everybody Wants Some
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Chinatown (Dave was a bit goofy here)
    Hear About It Later (I can die now)
    Pretty Woman
    Drum solo
    Unchained
    Trouble With Never (headset mike cuts out. Bye bye headset)
    Dance The Night Away (Dave's new vocal styling works tonight)
    I'll wait (Ed breaks out a different Charvel)
    Hot For Teacher
    Women In Love
    Girl Gone Bad (I can die again)
    Beautiful Girls
    Ice Cream Man
    Panama
    Solo
    Ain't Talkin Bout Love (song ends "you wanna hear 1 more?" They never leave the stage)
    Jump (confetti. house lights. GTFO!)

Started at 8:55. Ended at 10:45

Dave most definitely found his '07-'08 voice somewhere during the 3 day rest. Unwavering, powerful, in time and on key. Holy shit did he bring it tonight. He had his harmonies ironed out with Wolf, especially in GGB. Dave did many jumps throughout the night that were breathe taking reminders of just how tremendous a showman he is and has always been. Wolfs bass playing was thunderous and fluid. Occasionally, his fills and song endings were like guitar runs, but that worked just fine. Ed was out of this world. I really don't know what to say about him that hasn't been said yet. It truly is hard to believe how spectacular his game is right now. Alex was his usual stoic yet exuberant self, replacing power playing with finesse. Much more to be said but I'm flying high and exhausted at the same time. One thing I can attest to is this: To say a You-Tube clip gives you a decent impression of an actual show experience is to say a bread crumb on your kitchen floor is enough to know how delicious last nights Italian dinner was. Good night everyone and I hope you all get to see them!

Comment

• IceCreamBlondie
      Head Fluffer
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
      Same asshole:

RichP‏@RichP
      I have to be honest #IMissSammyHagar cc:@eddievanhalen

I have to be honest, I don't.

Some people have a lot of nerve...how can ANYONE say that with Roth on stage?
      I'm Stayin' Frosty!

Comment

• IceCreamBlondie
        Head Fluffer
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
        Oh my goodness!!! Ice cream Blondie Blushes.

Gotta love Dave!
        I'm Stayin' Frosty!

Comment

• IceCreamBlondie
          Head Fluffer
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by SNIPER
          Thanks Momshell for the play by play!!
          Agreed!!! Thanks SO MUCH!!!
          I'm Stayin' Frosty!

Comment

• fourthcoming

Just got home from MSG.........thank god that headset crapped out during China Town......Dave went old school and ripped. No energy or concentration spent on dancing and what not.....just great vocals......they still have the power.....at times you could close your eyes and it might as well have been 1982 again. The mighty Van Halen......I've seen the vids of the shows thus far and Dave's voice was stellar tonight.......absolutely killer.....Wolf has pipes....Alex is still a beast and Ed has completely come full circle. I'll be posting vids shortly.....

Comment

• Panamark
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Good Onya Momshell, Bridge, 4th and everyone else who attended.
              Cant wait to see and hear ! They looked like they meant businesss and
              I knew Dave would have been stressing about the vocals from last reviews...

Good job Momshell to post and watch, I cant even txt on my Iphone when
              sober. Well, I can, Im just making a personal protest against apple....

The Vibe looks killer from this one, if I missed anyone who reported back,
              kick my nuts up my ass, I love these threads !
              BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Dan
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Ok Peeps,There Are A Few Youtubes Around But Not Full Songs,yet.
                First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• VAN HLN CA
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by TJMKID
                  I can guarantee Trunk will bust on Dave for weeks to come ---- he's been slurping on Hagar's nutsack for so long he forgot how to be objective about anything
                  Everything about that guy is just Wrong! Spokesman for Metal, Not! The guy carried a lunch box until he found some sap inrigued by his chronological metal knowledge not experience as a Been there, done that rocker. Whomever gave him his lucky in must be just another suit outta touch with relevance that he makes himself and followers more Clowney than Sam on his third abduction......
                  Can't watch his show, it needs to be eliminated for a new TV option.

Comment

• VAN HLN CA
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by TJMKID
                    I gotta give VH management a solid "F" for these VIP tickets ---- do they honestly think fans won't read about this ripoff bullshit online ???

Golden Rule #1 = either make the VIP package worthwhile or don't sell them at all ---- PERIOD, end of discussion
                    Without at least a hello from one band member, there is absolutely no point in bothering when you can get same Tix cheaper if you do some shopping.

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

They sound pretty damn great in that clip I just found. The vocals sound really on and whatever was happening, Dave sounds much much better!

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

Comment

• Jetstream
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Dec 2011

Dave sounds pretty DAMN GOOD, the band sounds DAMN GOOD. they be kickin' some major ass
                            I got lost in the...

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jan 2004

In all of these clips so far from tonight's they really really sound great. I guess Dave was ill previously, because he sounds like is in fine form and totally in command here.

Comment

Working...