• VanHalener
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Curious if anyone noticed... Does Ed's wife hang around in the soundboard area off Ed's side of the stage?

I've noticed him clowning around while playing in that specific direction in pictures from almost every performance. Also seems he's focusing that direction when he appears to be having a blast playing guitar... Just wondering who he's clowning for...
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• VanHalener
        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Sorry ZahZoo, didn't notice her there. I did see Ed playing to the camera now and again. There is going to be some awesome footage on the tour DVD

Comment

• VanHalener
          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Edward opening a whole can of whoop ass on us

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
            Sniper
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Carmine
            Lou's the man!! I think this is show #4?
            Crazy bastard
            6 I think.
            WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Zempi
              Why do I see all anti-Lou posts? what is the background on that? I used to be at DDLR board and I thought I vaguely remember this..
              When he was young he could be astonishingly pissy and annoying about all sorts of things from trading mp3s to some pretty extreme politics.

He grew up and by all accounts became a nice guy but I don't think he will post here fearing old arguments would start up again.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                When he was young he could be astonishingly pissy and annoying about all sorts of things from trading mp3s to some pretty extreme politics.

He grew up and by all accounts became a nice guy but I don't think he will post here fearing old arguments would start up again.
                There have been quite a few good posters that we've lost over the years because of that, unfortunately....
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Deklon2
                  Roth Army Recruit
                  • Mar 2012

ZahZoo....here is the video I shot from Manchester. That's Janie in the black and white outfit getting her picture taken right before Al hit's the stage. She sat there the whole show. Al's wife watched from there as well.

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                  Curious if anyone noticed... Does Ed's wife hang around in the soundboard area off Ed's side of the stage?

I've noticed him clowning around while playing in that specific direction in pictures from almost every performance. Also seems he's focusing that direction when he appears to be having a blast playing guitar... Just wondering who he's clowning for...

Comment

• Jagermeister
                    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Seshmeister

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                    There have been quite a few good posters that we've lost over the years because of that, unfortunately....
                    More to it than that. Lou was and still is as far as I am concerned an authority on Van Halen bootlegs. He also had a tremendous knowledge of past shows in general. He was very anal about flac in general. He was a purest when it came to that stuff. Flac files had to stay flac files because when you convert then it changes the finger print blah blah blah. He was responsible for liberating a lot of shows as well.

Comment

• Zempi
                      Roadie
                      • Mar 2012

It's just a message board (no offense) but a great place for a common interest. Perhaps the lost members don't post but maybe they still read. I cannot imagine being that 'upset' over someone in cyberland that I never met, to cause me not to want to post...unless there is a comprable site about DLR/VH.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

It's just a message board (no offense) but a great place for a common interest. Perhaps the lost members don't post but maybe they still read. I cannot imagine being that 'upset' over someone in cyberland that I never met, to cause me not to want to post...unless there is a comprable site about DLR/VH.
                        Number one, there is no comparable site.
                        Number two, people come and go. Just like I did.
                        Number three, and this doesn't apply to Lou at all, you gotta have a thick fucking skin to hang out here.
                        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Zempi
                          Roadie
                          • Mar 2012

Since I am here, I will post a couple pics from the Reading show...though I could move them..
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Zempi
                            Roadie
                            • Mar 2012

Reading show photos from 3/26

Since I am here, I will post a couple pics from the Reading show...though I could move them..
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Catfish
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                              Number three, and this doesn't apply to Lou at all, you gotta have a thick fucking skin to hang out here.
                              Lou had the thickest skin in the history of the Roth/VH boards.

Comment

• Zempi
                                Roadie
                                • Mar 2012

Other Reading photos from 3/26..Sorry I don't know how to get the photo right in the message larger and then without clicking a thumbnail...lol
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...