X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Carloscda
    WMMR is talking with the guy who in 1984 won the MTV Lost weekend with Van Halen !

Lear Jet to the concert, a couple of motor cycles etc...
    Ah yes. Kurt Jeffries. I believe my post card fell on the floor, they were to lazy to pick it up and they grabbed another. Lucky bastard.

Comment

• tjvhou812
      Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

man, i just saw them saturday night, seems like a year ago, cant wait til sunday
      Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• Carloscda
        Foot Soldier
        • Jan 2009

Pierre from MMR gave the show 7.5.....

Comment

• VAiN
          Use my hand, I won't look
          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Carloscda
          Pierre from MMR gave the show 7.5.....
          Unless that's on a scale of 1-5 he can get fucked..
          Originally posted by wiseguy
          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• SNIPER
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by VanHalenI
            LOL, yep... and We Mise Magic
            Whats you fav VH song?? ..Love how passionate you are about that song bro!!
            Last edited by SNIPER; 03-06-2012, 12:55 AM.

Comment

• SNIPER
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jun 2004

Just got home. Whats this I hear about HEH and Bottoms?? Any confirmation yet?

Comment

• killingfloorman
                Roth Army Recruit
                • Jan 2012

Closure!

Just got back from Philly.

I'm from the UK, unless you saw the legendary Sabbath Tour (and most who say they did are lying!)
                you didn't get a chance to see the mighty VH until Donington 84 (yes I know about the Hammy Odeon gigs, we don't all live in London).

Anyway, Donington was Cartoon VH, we wanted soooooo much to luv 'em, but it just wasn't there.

Tonight, i finally saw the MIGHTY Van Halen (sorry MA) and they fucking rocked the house. Dave was ON, Eddie? Wow. Alex and Wolfie - great.

It was everything i'd ever dreamed about... except for the crowd. WTF Philly? I live in Brasil, if VH had played that way in Brasil there would have been an earthquake. In Philly, a bunch a guys drinkin' beer and some drunk women trying to remember which year it is.

Sorry to the loyal fans who were there and rocked out, but damn it wasn't a great crowd!

VH rocked the house. I'm so glad i went and i look forward to AC.

Comment

• SNIPER
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

Cartoon VH? How do you mean? Do tell...

Comment

• killingfloorman
                    Roth Army Recruit
                    • Jan 2012

all the rap - 'i'm gonna fuck your GF' etc but the gig itself was short and not that great - listen to the Bootleg.

maybe VH going the the motions would describe it better ?

Tonight however, was Rock 'n' fucking roll

Comment

• TJMKID
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by killingfloorman
                      Closure!

Just got back from Philly.

It was everything i'd ever dreamed about... except for the crowd. WTF Philly? I live in Brasil, if VH had played that way in Brasil there would have been an earthquake. In Philly, a bunch a guys drinkin' beer and some drunk women trying to remember which year it is.

Sorry to the loyal fans who were there and rocked out, but damn it wasn't a great crowd!

I'm from Pennsylvania ---- and I will readily admit most Philly people are arrogant assholes who don't get excited about anything. I guess you become bitter and jaded when the Eagles and Phillies get owned every year by the Giants and Yankees.

Ah well ---- Dave and the boys collected another big paycheck tonight and it's onward to the next town !!!

Comment

• Heater
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                        Pretty sedate crew waitin for the Mighty to get on stage. No a lot of electricity in the air. A couple of us are gonna try to find where they're at and meet in the lobby or bar. Let you know if we succeed.

Comment

• mohican
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jul 2011

[QUOTE=killingfloorman;1626685]
                          Sorry to the loyal fans who were there and rocked out, but damn it wasn't a great crowd! [QUOTE]

I just don't get that - Why people would fork out so much money for tickets and be so blasse at the show.

Comment

• Heater
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Nov 2010

I trust my source that says Ed Wolf an Al do a runner and are gone in 20 minutes. Dqve stays back for whatever. None of the vps here that I met were impressed. Looks like the McD headset is gone, glad he heard how bad we said it looked. Hopefully he will tone down his inner Al Jolson/Rockette crap. After the show were gonna see if we find them at their hotel bar, maybe
                            Ed has a beer and a shot after his wok day is over. Not sure if Roth is at same place, would rather run into the band.

Comment

• SNIPER
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Heater
                              I trust my source that says Ed Wolf an Al do a runner and are gone in 20 minutes. Dqve stays back for whatever. None of the vps here that I met were impressed. Looks like the McD headset is gone, glad he heard how bad we said it looked. Hopefully he will tone down his inner Al Jolson/Rockette crap. After the show were gonna see if we find them at their hotel bar, maybe
                              Ed has a beer and a shot after his wok day is over. Not sure if Roth is at same place, would rather run into the band.
                              Best bet would be the airport.

Comment

• Heater
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Nov 2010

Success! On our way buddy! Try to save a couple seat for your boys and one of the ladies. I TOLD you that's where they were! Ha! Be there in les than 20, we're actually behind a limo headed that way so far, could it be? If they have rooms, I'm booking one, never know. Wooohoooo. Be there in less than 10.

Comment

Working...