Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wiseguy
    Head Fluffer
    • Feb 2004

Too true, Dave would probably announce it to. "ok, (insert city here)....let's make some fucking noise!!!"
    Stay frosty now.
    Nostalgia is a form of denial. I love denial. I like selective amnesia, too. Mix the two and you've got a hell of a weekend-DLR

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by wiseguy
      I agree! They were talking sequel last year.
      Oh they'd better not fuck that up if they do. That was Charles Grodin at his dead pan's best! "why aren't you in good with the Chigago police?" "Your Alonso Mosley?"

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
        The problem is I have yet to see anyone on stage filming a show so far. Except the guys down in front for the screen shots.
        Surely they're taping the feed from those cameras, right? Probably just wishful thinking on my part but with everything the band has put out so far this year I just can't see them not putting out DVD.

Can't wait to see the set list from tonight's show!
        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• wiseguy
          Head Fluffer
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
          Oh they'd better not fuck that up if they do. That was Charles Grodin at his dead pan's best! "why aren't you in good with the Chigago police?" "Your Alonso Mosley?"
          Yup. And after seeing Deniro in Killer Elite, he's still got it.
          Stay frosty now.
          Nostalgia is a form of denial. I love denial. I like selective amnesia, too. Mix the two and you've got a hell of a weekend-DLR

Comment

• DLR Bridge
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I can't wait to see tonight's clip of Chinatown. The one at Mohegan Sun cracked me up. Dave's "Quickly! To the chorus!" bit is starting to look like he's stuck in his own personal groundhog day. Remember by the 5th or 6th time Bill Murray had to do the spot on Punxatawnee Phil, he was loosing his initial flair and all interest in doing it?

I could see them switching that tune out for Bullethead.

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
              Veteran
              • Feb 2004

Just saw a Twit Pic and they are on stage. No idea what song they opened with. The pic was awful.
              I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Opened with Unchained again....
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• wiseguy
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                  I can't wait to see tonight's clip of Chinatown. The one at Mohegan Sun cracked me up. Dave's "Quickly! To the chorus!" bit is starting to look like he's stuck in his own personal groundhog day. Remember by the 5th or 6th time Bill Murray had to do the spot on Punxatawnee Phil, he was loosing his initial flair and all interest in doing it?

I could see them switching that tune out for Bullethead.
                  Ha ha ha...another great movie!! No sequel though. Yes Bullethead for sure. Or outa space
                  Stay frosty now.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                    Surely they're taping the feed from those cameras, right? Probably just wishful thinking on my part but with everything the band has put out so far this year I just can't see them not putting out DVD.

Can't wait to see the set list from tonight's show!
                    I think they will put one out but I would think they would put a couple guys on stage up high on stage to film. The guys down front are looking up at the stage. Thy won't release something from only one point of view.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                      I think they will put one out but I would think they would put a couple guys on stage up high on stage to film. The guys down front are looking up at the stage. Thy won't release something from only one point of view.
                      There were 9 guys hoisted above the band, but at the Forum show they were all for spotlights.... Maybe if they were filming they could replace a couple of them with cameras....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                        There were 9 guys hoisted above the band, but at the Forum show they were all for spotlights.... Maybe if they were filming they could replace a couple of them with cameras....
                        There is also another cam back on a riser above the sound guys on the floor I believe.

Shoes took the pic at Mohegan.

And is that a mic to the left of the stool?
                        Last edited by guwapo_rocker; 03-05-2012, 10:20 PM.
                        WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

I remember the 1984 lighting rig had some seats and spotlights up there. It looked kind of fun being up there. I remember the guys up there were in special outfits and some of the crew had black VH jumpsuits. I mean I helped set up for other bands but VH had this kind of style that none of the others had. I think Roth had a lot to do with all those little details.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Some really shitty Twitter pics so far....

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                              I remember the 1984 lighting rig had some seats and spotlights up there. It looked kind of fun being up there. I remember the guys up there were in special outfits and some of the crew had black VH jumpsuits. I mean I helped set up for other bands but VH had this kind of style that none of the others had. I think Roth had a lot to do with all those little details.
                              The entire lighting rig comes down to the stage, then the guys climb into their seat, strap in, and the rig lifts them all up at the same time.... Pretty cool....

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                                There is also another cam back on a riser above the sound guys on the floor I believe.

Shoes took the pic at Mohegan.
                                I remember that. I hope they do it. Shit they are really cranking it up the last week or so. Ed really couldnt play much better !! They are tight.

Comment

Working...