X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hambon4lif
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Carloscda
    Why so hammy can turn this band who has rediscovered their hardcore roots back into a sappy pop band, NO THANK YOU!!
    What'chu talkin' 'bout Willis?

Comment

• gbranton
      Veteran
      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by zeeb
      ....this guy did. catches it with his mouth. watch to end of clip. funny.
      He was either lucky or he'd practiced catching things in his mouth before.
      "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• mug
        Head Fluffer
        • Mar 2005

I was eating at KUMA'S a great hamburger joint before the show and the band korn was sitting next to us did not know it was them until some told me. should got pics,autograph. Couple
        of guys were filming them.It was cool. Would have been vh i would have shit myself.
        Last edited by mug; 02-25-2012, 09:44 PM.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Here's the best play-by-play I've seen on the headset issues, from "Kevin Dobbs" at the Links....

0:10: Dave is pulling out the cable from the wireless box for the headset.
          0:20: Ed looks over at Dave and realizes the intro needs to go a little longer than normal.
          0:50: Dave checks the cordless mic -- it doesn't work.
          0:58: Ed and Dave look at each other -- interesting moment! The wireless mic still isn't working. Dave gives Alex the cue to start up the main part of the intro and walks toward the sound guys. Eddie spins around so he can watch exactly what's going on with Dave.
          1:20: Dave literally runs to the center of the stage and grabs a microphone with a cable and checks it.
          1:33: Dave says, "Get some duct tape" and tosses the cordless mic aside. Dave struts out on stage with a handheld mic for the first time of the 2012 tour. And the band proceeds to kick total ass.
          2:38: This is wild! It looks like Edward is looking directly at the dude that filmed this and giving a huge smile.
          2:54: Someone appears to try to hand something to Dave and he playfully kicks it out of the dude's hands -- he turns around and laughs.
          3:20: Dave emerges with some tape for the cable, wraps it, and quickly tears it and tosses the rest to the stage.
          3:37: Watch the screen -- Dave's cable gets caught on Ed's pedal board and it catches and doesn't come loose.
          3:48: Ed reaches down and grabs the mic cable to get it uncaught. Dave again yells out for duct tape: "Whose got some duct tape! Give me some duct tape!"
          4:00: Mic cable gets caught again! Ouch. AGAIN -- Eddie reaches down to get the cable uncaught for Dave.
          4:07: Dave says, "It doesn't matter..." No, it doesn't. There's ass kicking to be done.
          4:20-4:40: Twenty seconds of non-stop, hang-in-there style applause -- Dave acknowledges the adulation by bowing his head to the audience.
          5:48: LOOK FOR IT! Dave does a Daltrey swing with the mic!!!
          6:08: Dave laughs and smiles it off like a pro.

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• So this is love
            Veteran
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by David Lee Rocks
            damn, im sure glad i dont work for Dave, what an asshole, LOL
            a cool asshole lol but an asshole is an asshole.....lol
            Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Dan
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

How Fucking hard Is It To Get Some Tape To Dave?
              Last edited by Dan; 02-25-2012, 10:46 PM. Reason: Tape Here Tape Everywhere
              First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• SNIPER
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

Dave needs to keep a roll of tape on his wrist like he is putting up fliers out in front of the Roxy.

Comment

• Zing!
                  Veteran
                  • Oct 2011

After watching EWS, I think two things: #1: Dave looks right with a proper mic in his hand. #2: Dave's vocal chords are running red-line.
                  My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

Shit after all these years just realised Dave was singing .. Somebody get me a ducttape
                    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• SNIPER
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jun 2004

This thread has gave me a huge headache today. ...... Here is to a killer next show and to a kick ass rest of the tour. Cheers
                      Last edited by SNIPER; 02-26-2012, 01:22 AM.

Comment

• ashstralia
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by SNIPER
                        This thread has gave me a huge headache today. ...... Here is to a killer next show and to a kick ass rest of the tour. Cheers
                        :bottle:

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                          Oh my god... did you see how Ed wouldn't hold Al's hand during the final bow... the tour must be in peril!!!
                          LOL...that's because he stole the towel from the hotel room and throws it to Janie at the end that she can keep it for him!
                          Roth Army Icon
                          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

You can't beat your roadies down with a head set mike. You sure as hell can with a Sure 58. It's a nice chunk of solid aluminum and fills the fist nicely. Perfect to give an annoying roadie a nice smack to the side of the head with.
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ashstralia
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Feb 2004

classic words of wisdom from nitro...

Comment

• SNIPER
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jun 2004

I dropped a SM58 on my foot and broke my toe. Those things are beasts.

Comment

Working...