Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • So this is love
    Veteran
    • Jan 2012

OK guys stop bitching about Dave 10% on Hear about it later...VH might fall on your comments and never play it again live....
    Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
      I'm willing to give him a pass since this was the first attempt at singing the song live in many years, but I agree. Dave was the weak link on this one. Love the fact they played it though.
      And what the fuck is that dumb move he does with his hands??

Like come on Dave, what happened to your coolness?

He was way cooler on the 07-08 tour.
      =V V=
      ole No.1 The finest
      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• SNIPER
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

HAIL YES!! Just glad to hear the damn song from somewhere other than my Ipod.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by So this is love
          OK guys stop bitching about Dave 10% on Hear about it later...VH might fall on your comments and never play it again live....
          Why because Dave can't seem to pull off a fairly easy song to sing?
          =V V=
          ole No.1 The finest
          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• kwame k
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by ELVIS
            I was just expressing an observation....

I wasn't whining like you, dum dum little girl...

Nice...the, I know you are but what am I, retort......retard
            Originally posted by vandeleur
            E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• TJMKID
              Veteran
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by So this is love

I dont think VH will pull HAIL from the setlist because it's a fan favorite ---- but I do think Eddie needs to have a sit-down with Dave and tell him to cut it out with the high register that isn't even in the original studio version of the song !!

I saw shows on the 2007-08 tour and Dave wasnt using the high register nearly as much as this tour. Sometimes his new ideas DO NOT work so well and we need a guy like Eddie who can reign him in a bit.

The headset mic and dancing floor doesn't bother me ---- although I wouldnt mind if Dave ditched both of them soon.

I also think the setlist needs another "quiet moment" besides the intro rap to ICM --- perhaps a cool rendition of Dave's solo song "Damn Good" ??
              Last edited by TJMKID; 02-23-2012, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• So this is love
                Veteran
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                Why because Dave can't seem to pull off a fairly easy song to sing?
                He'll get better...fuck I fucking love this song...I mean to me this song is 90% guitar and 10% vocals...When they play it live I won't even care about Dave's vocal on this one, cause I've waited so long to hear it live....

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Agree just because Dave's developed his higher register more recently doesn't necessarily mean he has to use it all the time... and yeah, he gets a pass for not having sung HAIL in 30 years. One imagines it will get (much) better as the tour goes on. The band is NAILING it though, so good to hear!
                  Originally posted by conmee
                  If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                  Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                  I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                  Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                  Originally posted by eddie78
                  I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• So this is love
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by TJMKID
                    I dont think VH will pull HAIL from the setlist because it's a fan favorite ---- but I do think Eddie needs to have a sit-down with Dave and tell him to cut it out with the high register that isn't even in the original studio version of the song !!

I saw shows on the 2007-08 tour and Dave wasnt using the high register nearly as much as this tour. Sometimes his new ideas DO NOT work so well and we need a guy like Eddie who can reign him in a bit.

The headset mic and dancing floor doesn't bother me ---- although I wouldnt mind if Dave ditched both of them soon.

I also think the setlist needs another "quiet moment" besides the intro rap to ICM --- perhaps a cool rendition of Dave's solo song "Damn Good" ??
                    Anyways, I'm glad they still have time to tune the show until they come to town March 15 that's all...

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                      I'm willing to give him a pass since this was the first attempt at singing the song live in many years, but I agree. Dave was the weak link on this one. Love the fact they played it though.
                      Spot on

He'll figure it out......
                      Originally posted by vandeleur
                      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Damn. I'm so looking forward to next Tuesday's show at MSG. I don't think I'm ever going to watch another You-Tube clip again after that. A real live performance will kick a mobile phone videos ass any day, however, the videos can jade one's memory.

Comment

• MUSICMANN
                          Sniper
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                          I have to agree with the whiney bitch here (Elvis).

Dave didn't do Hear About it Later justice.

It sounds like the band worked hard in rehearsing a song they haven't played live since 1981 and Dave is....well...he doesn't exactly butcher it but he kinda "killed the moment" if you will by throwing in the high registers that even the studio version never had.

Its like "Dave, come on man, WTF???"

Killed the moment for who, us here, that's looking for every video that comes out of every show or for those that were actually there last night. I can honestly say that those that were in that arena last night are still buzzing about them breaking out HAIL. Those are in the moment memories that you take with you through life, no matter if it's the fist time you finger banged a girl or your first VH concert or them playing that song for the first time in decades. As a whole, we have become a in your face, up to the very minute digital phone have to be perfect every moment society. If this would have been the case back in the day, all of the legendary hard rock bands would have never been able to build the reputation they are known for because they would have been critiqued so hard for every live show they would have probably just made albums and never toured. Dave doing it the Dave way, shows that he is real and honest. That being said, not sure why on some songs he is trying to hit a higher register than usual. Maybe there will be an interviewer some time in the future that asks him that question.

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Well...

We can all agree to looking foward to the next shows...

Comment

• Jagermeister
                              Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by jhale667
                              Agree just because Dave's developed his higher register more recently doesn't necessarily mean he has to use it all the time... and yeah, he gets a pass for not having sung HAIL in 30 years. One imagines it will get (much) better as the tour goes on. The band is NAILING it though, so good to hear!
                              Shit. I'll predict right now that the next shows thread will be exactly like this one. I am really getting tired of it to be honest. It's repetitive and down right bullshit too be talking about Roth's vocals. To the best of my knowledge no one who has attended a show or rehearsal has said a damn thing about it. I don't expect Roth to sound like that Oakland 81 Video. That was the fucking video for that song. You think that fucker wasn't dubbed? Go watch Largo, or Old No.7 and come back in here and say Dave hit every fucking note.

Stop watching these fucking post show video's and making negative observations about them.

Comment

• philouze
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2004

About HAIL, I'm gonna listen to it tonight (downloading the show right now), and I'll give my impressions, if anyone cares, what I seriously doubt.
                                About Dave, well.. yeah heh, he should not overdo things vocally. But it's Dave, I love the man, he's got my eternal & unconditionnal (two Ns?) admiration.
                                Now, give me a little Secrets instead of Pretty Fuckin Woman, and I'll be happy to go to work with this on my MP3 player.

PS: Jager, your post is right on the fuckin spot, dude. Couldn't have said it better.

Comment

Working...