X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jagermeister
    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
    I miss that choreographed move where all three are jump-moving forward like that.

They need to bring that back.

It was so cool and so Van Halen.
    Yeah me too. Only problem is they may all slip on that damn board.

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
      Veteran
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
      Lucily I have the DVD's and have had for many years and I don't upload anything I have to you tube. The point is you can find any number of fuck ups in that video.
      I like to upload for the folks who don't have the DVDs...it's my way of spreading the word. I think in the description of my video I mention the slightly "out of tune" guitar to prove a point to everyone who was complaining about Ed being out of tune on my Greensboro, NC 2007 videos. Of course they were blaming it on him being fucked up or just too old to notice. I wanted them to see that shit happened in the 80s too and that it wasn't that big a deal then and shouldn't be picked apart now.
      I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• Mr Walker
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

I miss that choreographed move where all three are jump-moving forward like that.

Oh man... do you remember when van Hagar bastardized that fucking move with the fucking gay as hell fucking breakfast club walk thing they did. I remember seeing the live video for some 5150 song on MTV way back when and when they did that I fucking felt violated... fucking bastards... AND DON"T GO POSTING ANY FUCKING YOUTUBE CLIPS OF IT!!!!!!!
        Now I'm mad! I'm gonna go look for a fight with some unsuspecting co-worker.

Comment

• Jagermeister
          Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
          I like to upload for the folks who don't have the DVDs...it's my way of spreading the word. I think in the description of my video I mention the slightly "out of tune" guitar to prove a point to everyone who was complaining about Ed being out of tune on my Greensboro, NC 2007 videos. Of course they were blaming it on him being fucked up or just too old to notice. I wanted them to see that shit happened in the 80s too and that it wasn't that big a deal then and shouldn't be picked apart now.
          Very true.

Comment

• Jagermeister
            Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Mr Walker
            Oh man... do you remember when van Hagar bastardized that fucking move with the fucking gay as hell fucking breakfast club walk thing they did. I remember seeing the live video for some 5150 song on MTV way back when and when they did that I fucking felt violated... fucking bastards... AND DON"T GO POSTING ANY FUCKING YOUTUBE CLIPS OF IT!!!!!!!
            Now I'm mad! I'm gonna go look for a fight with some unsuspecting co-worker.

Comment

• Jagermeister
              Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Anyone know if that RLbayers dude ever posted his bootleg? I sent him a PM but the dick head didn't respond.

Comment

• TJMKID
                Veteran
                • Mar 2004

I think they should bring it back simply because the Oakland '81 version of HAIL shows them doing it ---- GO FULL RETRO ON THESE MOTHERFUCKERS, DAVE !!!

And if Wolfie slips and falls on the dancing mat ---- no worries ---- he's a young whipper-snapper and will bounce like rubber. Dave and Eddie better hope they had their daily dose of OsCal+D, though --- no broken hips on this tour, fellas!

Comment

• So this is love
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2012

I wonder if anyone after that show said. " Man Roth didn't really sing very much he just talked all the words" Or "Damn Eddy's guitar was a little out of tune on some of those numbers"
                  You bet... is it my ears, Ed must have been GUI... lol! or his monitors were still in the truck.
                  Last edited by So this is love; 02-23-2012, 03:00 PM.
                  Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• VanHalenI
                    Roadie
                    • Dec 2010

Thank you VAN HALEN for givin us HEAR ABOUT IT LATER!! FUCK YESSS!!!
                    I had some crazy vision, one I can't deny it
                    It said "Open your eyes. Leave it all behind."

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

Thanks but fuck man. Some of the people at this board have been posting the same shit since that rehearsal. Every fucking time after every fucking show. I just don't get it. I really don't. We get it already. Dave has a few vocal issues. So what. Nothing has changed since 1981 as far as I can tell so get over it. I don't remember anyone bitching after the Cafe Wha? show.

I hate fucking you tube!
                      Exactly, being there is totally different than a camera phone YouTube video.

The people around me and my buddy..... who's been a fan of VH as long as I have been.....has seen them on the '84 tour, were all praising Dave's vocals.

I was blown away by his voice this time......

He hit some clunkers, as I said in the Palace thread, but overall he nailed it....he was sustaining notes and hitting things that were beyond belief.

What truly amazes me about the whiners here is they have forgotten or blocked out Dave's performances in the past or the fact that Dave has never, was never a pitch perfect vocalist. On record or live. Which I have also stated ad nauseam.

I just wonder what mythical shows they're watching or what albums they have.
                      Originally posted by vandeleur
                      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• David Lee Rocks
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2004

i hear theyre gonna get rid of that catwalk, they may as well, they dont use it

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by MUSICMANN
                          no matter if it's the fist time you finger banged a girl

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by David Lee Rocks
                            i hear theyre gonna get rid of that catwalk, they may as well, they dont use it
                            If that's true then that should free up some good seats...

Comment

• Matt White
                              • Jun 2004

That's the thing aboot LIVE PERFORMANCE & the taping of that event........

Even though we have the 1981 UNCHAINED.....its how it was performed THAT NIGHT...a snapshot of that moment in time......

Some nights weren't as good on that tour...some nights BLEW that OAKLAND performance out of the water.................................

enjoy what we've got....it won't last FOREVER........

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
                                I think they should bring it back simply because the Oakland '81 version of HAIL shows them doing it ---- GO FULL RETRO ON THESE MOTHERFUCKERS, DAVE !!!

And if Wolfie slips and falls on the dancing mat ---- no worries ---- he's a young whipper-snapper and will bounce like rubber. Dave and Eddie better hope they had their daily dose of OsCal+D, though --- no broken hips on this tour, fellas!

Would go apeshit if they brought that move back.

Someone tell Dave!
                                =V V=
                                ole No.1 The finest
                                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Working...