X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SNIPER
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by FALCO
    The 3 Twins, YES... absolutely... just sat and watched all the different HAIL vids on the tube...

I am equally as blown away as to how good EVH, AVH, and WVH are sounding (tight, mean, like they REALLY took advantage of being locked up in 5150 since the last tour) as to how shocked I am at how out of key DLR is... I mean, there are some parts he is not even close...
    He is a good singer... he proved that last tour (he blew me away at how prepared and fucking Rock God he was) but something now is just not right... and as a HUGE David Lee Roth fan, this actually hurts watching...

\m/ \m/
    It's not his ability, He can nail it.. Just the things he tried out with it this time did not work so well. Maybe next time.

Comment

• SNIPER
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jun 2004

But at the same time, VH can do no wrong for me right now and I am happy with it all.

Comment

• hambon4lif
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chi-town324
        getting a little nervous about the next show here in chicago.....the acoustics in the united center are for shit...
        That was the final deciding factor between Chicago and Rosemont for me. United Center has always sounded like shit no matter who's playing. Allstate is just a better venue all the way around.
        Besides, by the time they hit Rosemont it will be a month and a half into the tour, and they'll be in the rythym of the road. Any flaws they're working out of the show now will be gone by then, and they're gonna fuckin' slay Allstate.

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by fourthcoming
          BTW if anyone wants to check out my crappy band live, feel free to rip us apart or not....check out 4th coming live@ lulu's on youtube.....im playing drums and singing all the leads. If I suck.....let me have it!!!!
          Friend, that is some killer stuff right there. Please, feel free to embed the clip in The Show Your Work Thread, located in the This Is Gear Street Forum.

If you have any problems while doing so, make a post in that thread, I'll edit it and embed it for ya.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• fourthcoming

I do agree that Dave was the highlight of the 07-08 tour....but the train has barely left the station....only 3 gigs so far.....Ed Al and Wolf are killing it and just the fact that it's Uncle Dave fronting the group makes this tour a must see. He has been off here and there but he was never Pavarotti to begin with. The only thing that strikes me as weird is his style of singing from the last tour to now seems different.He didn't tap into the high registry as much and he pretty much stuck to the script on the 07-08 tour which is not like Dave...but he sounded incredible. He'll get his voice where it needs to be....the more a person sings, the stronger their voice gets over time. These vids are still kicking my ass so I'm happy.....I was never fortunate enough to see CVH in their heyday....and the first time I saw Dave was Skyscraper tour...which was kick ass btw. I did see them 3 times in 07-08 and you better believe I'm cherishing seeing them at MSG twice next week.....waited a long ass time for my favorite band to get their shit straight and I'm not going to allow myself to nit pick. It's damn near a miracle that 1.) they ever got back together. 2.) toured in 07-08 and 3.) put out a killer album with a new tour to boot!!! and 4.) They have now been back together for 5 years and haven't killed each other yet....think about it....the original classic run from first album to last was 6 years!!! Obviously they were together longer than 6 years....but these are good times people....DAMN GOOD TIMES.
            Last edited by Guest; 02-23-2012, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

There's something to be said for seeing a show mid-tour, when most of the kinks are worked out. But, there's a certain "routine" that also sets in by that point - less spontaneity, less enthusiasm sometimes. So there's a tradeoff.

Is it just me, or does it seem like the band is actually noticing some of what is posted here and at other sites, and adjusting accordingly? I distinctly remember seeing posts about how fans wanted to see GGB and HAIL played live, and then suddenly... there they are! Coincidence? Maybe, but I do believe the band is listening to its fan base for the first time in a long time. It's awesome.
              ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
              Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• MUSICMANN
                Sniper
                • Apr 2004

The best example of Dave not over stretching his voice and hitting the notes that he is capable of at this point is right here.

Comment

• SNIPER
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

I was actually hoping that they would play GGB and HAIL this tour but never thought it would happen. At this point it would be possible they could pull out anything. I would like to see them play "Secrets" instead of "I'll Wait" or one of the other mellower tunes. Thats not too far fetched at this point.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Originally posted by chefcraig
                    Friend, that is some killer stuff right there. Please, feel free to embed the clip in The Show Your Work Thread, located in the This Is Gear Street Forum.

If you have any problems while doing so, make a post in that thread, I'll edit it and embed it for ya.
                    Chef, thank you very much man...I appreciate it. I just may need some technical assistance doing so. If I do, I'll drop you a line. Thanks again sir.

Comment

• fourthcoming

I like how Wolfie gives props to Uncle Dave as Ice cream Man wraps up....cool stuff. I always liked how Secrets sounded live at US fest.....with distortion....sounded killer. 07-08 was great but you knew every night what was being played...I believe the only change in the set was deleting Little Guitars on the second leg. This time around it seems anything's possible and that's got me pretty pumped. Shit....Dirty Movies? In A Simple Rhyme? D.O.A?.....etc.....definitely stoked.
                      Last edited by Guest; 02-23-2012, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Well, I noticed that VA sent a tweet directly to Wolfgang asking them to play Drop Dead Legs or DOA... we'll see what happens! At this point, I think anything is possible.
                        ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• hambon4lif
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                          Is it just me, or does it seem like the band is actually noticing some of what is posted here and at other sites, and adjusting accordingly?
                          If I had to guess, I'd say it was just you.
                          I mean.....I wouldn't read any of this shit, would you?

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

An excellent point...
                            ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                              Well, I noticed that VA sent a tweet directly to Wolfgang asking them to play Drop Dead Legs or DOA... we'll see what happens! At this point, I think anything is possible.
                              Think about how cool that is. A month or two ago ago we would have laughed out loud at the thought of it.
                              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• kwame k
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                                BTW if anyone wants to check out my crappy band live, feel free to rip us apart or not....check out 4th coming live@ lulu's on youtube.....im playing drums and singing all the leads. If I suck.....let me have it!!!!

Killing it brother

From one drummer to another....nice grooves, great sense of time and bitching vocals!
                                Originally posted by vandeleur
                                E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

Working...