The Top 100 most influental people in VH message board history.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cadaverdog
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
    Because it seems like the development of DLRF was done not because of a pressing need for another Roth/VH forum, but rather as a "fuck you" to the Roth Army and a personal shot at a segment of its membership. I've seen that sentiment both indirectly and directly alluded to over there.

It seems we've been down this road before. And to invoke the Links as an example of "friendly, cross-forum posting" seems a little disingenuous. A large portion of Links-related posts I've seen here over the years have been by people slamming it, and slamming it hard.

Competition between forums is always part of the deal, and it usually crosses the line into downright nastiness.

People had issues with Roth Chats and numerous other forums over the years.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't post at other existing forums. Knock yourselves out and have fun.

But to go out and deliberately start a new one from scratch and have its members give the appearance that they're trying to poach members from here seems a little dastardly. It seems like a long-term solution to a short term issue, and I'd rather tough out the bad times at a long standing place I feel comfortable with then have some short-lived high times at the new place in town.

To me, this is "Cheers" vs. "Gary's Old Town Tavern." I think everybody knows which is which as it relates to the respective sites.
    The first Roth Fans came about because some of the members here wanted to have an alternate site where personal attacks and flame wars were at least frowned upon not encouraged. As did a couple other spin off sites that came and went. This shake up or leadership change can either bring us together or split us apart even further. There is more than enough internet for both sites.
    Beware of Dog

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Because it seems like the development of DLRF was done not because of a pressing need for another Roth/VH forum, but rather as a "fuck you" to the Roth Army and a personal shot at a segment of its membership. I've seen that sentiment both indirectly and directly alluded to over there.

It seems we've been down this road before. And to invoke the Links as an example of "friendly, cross-forum posting" seems a little disingenuous. A large portion of Links-related posts I've seen here over the years have been by people slamming it, and slamming it hard.

Competition between forums is always part of the deal, and it usually crosses the line into downright nastiness.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't post at other existing forums. Knock yourselves out and have fun.

But to go out and deliberately start a new one from scratch and have its members give the appearance that they're trying to poach members from here seems a little dastardly. It seems like a long-term solution to a short term issue, and I'd rather tough out the bad times at a long standing place I feel comfortable with then have some short-lived high times at the new place in town.

To me, this is "Cheers" vs. "Gary's Old Town Tavern." I think everybody knows which is which as it relates to the respective sites.
      When the head of the nail meets the hammer. Spot on Dutch.

Comment

• cadaverdog
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Aug 2007

Understood and thanks for the explanation.
        No problem. Communication is the key to the cessation of hostility.
        Beware of Dog

Comment

• Warham
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

There's never too many DLR communities. It's always good to have more. It was a shame the DDLR went down.

That's because of the Hagar love over there. It's a forum devoted to Van Halen. When the Army forum started up, there was a mass migration to this place. Almost all the original members here posted there first.

People who had issues with RothFans (my old site) were just a bunch of disingenuous cunts. There was nothing wrong with my site and I never made it a competition.

Whatever floats your boat.
          Last edited by Warham; 05-01-2013, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Where's my violin smiley ??

Comment

• WARF
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Because it seems like the development of DLRF was done not because of a pressing need for another Roth/VH forum, but rather as a "fuck you" to the Roth Army and a personal shot at a segment of its membership.
              Until Seshmeister took over yesterday, there definitely was a need for another David Lee Roth web site. The double standards over here were endless. LardMachine violated giving out personal information many times and NOTHING was done about it. I was fired and took responsibility for my actions. I posted a popgear that flappo made and called a mod once by his first name in the Shoutbox. If that is the rules for termination then so be it. I didn't realize how soft this place became after my departure in 2010. I had no idea the moderation became so heavy that it made the Hitler mods of the pleasure dome days seem acceptable. Threads being closed, edited, and so on and so on.... Mods and Staff are here to accommodate the members of the site. It's not the other way around. Some of the mods here abused their power to fuel their own egos, and that's why they got the axe. I told you it was all coming and nobody believed me. I love the Roth Army and it's always been my home. I wouldn't be complaining and going to war if I didn't like the shit hole it's become. Plain and simple. I've been saying this a long time there were only TWO people who could resurrect this site and that was either POJO or SESH. They have been here since the beginning such as myself and remember what this place stood for... I'm glad they are finally trying to do something to save this place, but me and lots of other people have moved on. I wish this place nothing but the best under Seshmeister's leadership, and I hope they don't repeat the same mistakes made ever since the MEZRO leftovers took over the place.
              Last edited by WARF; 05-01-2013, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Wait, this one's better...

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

I don't disagree with any of that, WARF...

Comment

• WARF
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

harecuttt, if you keep fighting with KANE I am gonna ban you.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

To your point on competitiveness... Yes, damn right it exists. We're humans first... then add Roth fanatics... then add most of us are Americans... Fuck yeah, we're competitive as hell... in everything. Then add tension and a penchant for fighting... Once again, Roth fanatics, Americans... etc. All seems within and I'll proudly say in character...

Nothin wrong with loyalty... some folks live their whole lives camped in the same neighborhood looking at the same scenery. You appear to be one of those types... cool for ya.

Now others... well call them more social and nomadic... but fuck that, let's get right down to the primal roots of the matter. Many of us follow in the foot steps of out ancestors... moving from tribe to tribe... hood to hood. Not due to disloyalty to anyone or any thing... but for the simple purpose of spreading our seed and ensuring diversity in the gene pool... How's that for pure motivation... and some adventure to fill your day?
                      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Northern Girl
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by WARF
                        Some of the mods here abused their power to fuel their own egos, and that's why they got the axe.
                        Didn't all of them get the axe as far as things stand at the moment?
                        Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                          To your point on competitiveness... Yes, damn right it exists. We're humans first... then add Roth fanatics... then add most of us are Americans... Fuck yeah, we're competitive as hell... in everything.
                          You just described my avatar...

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by WARF
                            . I wouldn't be complaining and going to war if I didn't like the shit hole it's become.
                            What happens now though. This whole going to war thing is fucked up , its all one minute both sites can exist then its the above quote.

What happens now is the real question ....

We hang a big sign with under new management on.
                            Every one comes back and then the other half ( pun half arsed intended) fuck off and start a site that hates this one.

I probably shouldn't be the one to comment saying as I have no personal involvement in this except am as probably the same as every one else and fucking sick of the whole drama thing.
                            Yes there have been things done that have upset people but at some point someone has to put it to bed.

Fuck me if dave and ed can sort shit we must be able to ....but warf better be wearing a cup ....I keed I keed
                            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• WARF
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                              Didn't all of them get the axe as far as things stand at the moment?
                              That's what it looks like to the general public. I always thought for the past 13 years, "Tabula Rasa" was the rumored title for the upcoming 2001 Van Halen album. It's kinda ironic now it came into fruition at the Roth Army in another form 13 years later
                              Last edited by WARF; 05-01-2013, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• WARF
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                                What happens now though. This whole going to war thing is fucked up , its all one minute both sites can exist then its the above quote.

What happens now is the real question ....

We hang a big sign with under new management on.
                                Every one comes back and then the other half ( pun half arsed intended) fuck off and start a site that hates this one.

I probably shouldn't be the one to comment saying as I have no personal involvement in this except am as probably the same as every one else and fucking sick of the whole drama thing.
                                Yes there have been things done that have upset people but at some point someone has to put it to bed.

Fuck me if dave and ed can sort shit we must be able to ....but warf better be wearing a cup ....I keed I keed
                                Things are gonna work out fine for both sites. I believe. I'm waiting to see who Sesh drafts for his players. Will it be Joe Montana, or Ryan Leaf?

Whatever the scenario is, we still got a lot of people pissed off from both sides of the fence. It doesn't really matter who was right or wrong at this point. Yesterday the "hands fell off the clock" and Seshmeister and the Roth Army made beautiful music together. Three new songs, and they will be on Tabula Rasa

Seriously, if we can unban the people like Sy, phil and flappo (flappo is optional he might be banned again anyways) then I say let's try and make peace! Anyone who knows me that I am not one to hold a grudge against anyone. I can't comment anymore until I see the staff selections and what direction this place is headed. I want this place to succeed more than anyone... but it has to be done right.

Comment

Working...