X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Halen
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
    Let's please put an end to this speculation... vBulletin passwords are stored in encrypted format in protected directories that even a typical admin/webbie such as Warf's account do NOT have access authority to. Even if one were to gain access to where they are stored they would require the encryption keys to convert them to cleartext that could be read. Warham is the only person with top level administration access to the Fans board... Warf does NOT have that access or control of the software.

So enough of all this... No one from either site is hacking member accounts or passwords. No one.

Why doesn't everyone go fucking find something fun to post about or log off and go mow their damn lawn or wash their car or masturbate excessively... if the mood moves you!! Just knock off the bullshit fighting and endless mind fucking...
    As Zah says, the password thing can be done, but it is very very time consuming. It would be more work than any of us are willing to do, even if we knew how.

If your password is the same as your username, you deserve to get hacked!

As far as your last sentence "Just knock off the bullshit fighting and endless mind fucking...", you should advise your own people to do that. I don't think one single person from here is coming over there and doing that shit. I don't think anyone from here is trolling over there. I don't think anyone from here is attacking members there, or posting their personal info there. Or here for that matter. You guys need to figure out what you want to do. Do you want a full scale site war? I can speak on our behalf. We do not want that. But, it seems you guys do. If you want to have an all out war and see which is the last site standing, we can do that.

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
      As Zah says, the password thing can be done, but it is very very time consuming. It would be more work than any of us are willing to do, even if we knew how.

If your password is the same as your username, you deserve to get hacked!

As far as your last sentence "Just knock off the bullshit fighting and endless mind fucking...", you should advise your own people to do that. I don't think one single person from here is coming over there and doing that shit. I don't think anyone from here is trolling over there. I don't think anyone from here is attacking members there, or posting their personal info there. Or here for that matter. You guys need to figure out what you want to do. Do you want a full scale site war? I can speak on our behalf. We do not want that. But, it seems you guys do. If you want to have an all out war and see which is the last site standing, we can do that.
      Trust me... I am even more vocal there in opposition to this crap than anyone. None of this shit serves as anything of value to either site and just degrades the overall community at large.

I agree no one is coming over and pulling the same shit as what's going on here. Why? I don't know... it's not the result of any concerted efforts by staff at either site. What started here among the same knuckleheads... just continues here.

NO... a full scale site war is not desired nor warranted. I can't speak for everyone... but clearly this shit benefits no one. Honestly... there's about a dozen people that need to knock off their personal battles that's dragging down a much larger community of several thousand.

For the benefit of the larger majority... I'm speaking up to hopefully ensure all of this isn't ruined by a few selfish bastards and bitches...
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Romeo Delight
        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Trust me... I am even more vocal there in opposition to this crap than anyone. None of this shit serves as anything of value to either site and just degrades the overall community at large.

I agree no one is coming over and pulling the same shit as what's going on here. Why? I don't know... it's not the result of any concerted efforts by staff at either site. What started here among the same knuckleheads... just continues here.

NO... a full scale site war is not desired nor warranted. I can't speak for everyone... but clearly this shit benefits no one. Honestly... there's about a dozen people that need to knock off their personal battles that's dragging down a much larger community of several thousand.

For the benefit of the larger majority... I'm speaking up to hopefully ensure all of this isn't ruined by a few selfish bastards and bitches...
        You say that now but in a day or two you will be back with your two cents to align with what WARF is posting for the last 3 days (ie. validating the inevitable karma coming Jhale's way for his last few years of put downs etc).
        You choose to be neutral until it suits you. I don't buy that you are that stupid to believe that those types of actions don't rally the troups or essentially provide your stamp of approval on same. This idea that members of that site are all of individual minds etc is wearing beyond thin.
        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Well, how about the "knuckleheads" that are coming here from Roth Fans and jumping in, or even provoking, stop? That will cease half the issue. Then we can deal with the ones here, that need to be dealt with. You guys need to police yourselves. If our guys were going over there and doing the same shit that your guys are doing here, we'd put a stop to it. One way or another. If they are banned from both sites, they'll have a hard time representing, or misrepresenting, either one.

I reiterate, we don't have regular members, let alone staff, over there trying to destroy what you guys are doing. I like the vibe over there. But soon it is going to be a fucked up vibe, if this shit continues. I don't want that. I would hope you guys don't want it either. Don't misconstrue my comments as threats either. That is not the case. It's just a fact, if this stuff continues, it will eventually spill over. Again, not what our staff, or members, want.

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
            You say that now but in a day or two you will be back with your two cents to align with what WARF is posting for the last 3 days (ie. validating the inevitable karma coming Jhale's way for his last few years of put downs etc).
            You choose to be neutral until it suits you. I don't buy that you are that stupid to believe that those types of actions don't rally the troups or essentially provide your stamp of approval on same. This idea that members of that site are all of individual minds etc is wearing beyond thin.
            Fair enough... I can see where you'd draw that conclusion. I have expressed non-favorable opinions about others here at times, in places that would suggest a taking of a side. My application for sainthood was withdrawn decades ago... I'll admit to having contributed a bit part to this conflict in expressing my own opinions.

Now that that's out of the way... you're a reasonable and smart guy, what do you suggest we do to end this bullshit?

My attempt this morning was to inject some dialog that might help move this in a direction to end of all this crap. Von asked where do we want to go with this... I answered him. An all out site war won't resolve anything.

As admins we could take measures (thread closures, banning, etc...) to contain this... it's our preference though that these adults manage their behavior so we don't have to.

If you have a suggestion to help end this... I'm willing to listen and assist where I can.

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
              Well, how about the "knuckleheads" that are coming here from Roth Fans and jumping in, or even provoking, stop? That will cease half the issue. Then we can deal with the ones here, that need to be dealt with. You guys need to police yourselves. If our guys were going over there and doing the same shit that your guys are doing here, we'd put a stop to it. One way or another. If they are banned from both sites, they'll have a hard time representing, or misrepresenting, either one.

I reiterate, we don't have regular members, let alone staff, over there trying to destroy what you guys are doing. I like the vibe over there. But soon it is going to be a fucked up vibe, if this shit continues. I don't want that. I would hope you guys don't want it either. Don't misconstrue my comments as threats either. That is not the case. It's just a fact, if this stuff continues, it will eventually spill over. Again, not what our staff, or members, want.
              I will commit to what I can reasonably do... I'll ensure I don't contribute to the conflict any further. In addition, I will continue to discourage members of DLRF not to come over and do what they've been doing.

My previous efforts have not been very effective and I can't guarantee you any better results any more than anyone else can... But you have my word and commitment which I believe is still in good standing based on our previous dealings.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Fair enough... I can see where you'd draw that conclusion. I have expressed non-favorable opinions about others here at times, in places that would suggest a taking of a side. My application for sainthood was withdrawn decades ago... I'll admit to having contributed a bit part to this conflict in expressing my own opinions.

Now that that's out of the way... you're a reasonable and smart guy, what do you suggest we do to end this bullshit?

My attempt this morning was to inject some dialog that might help move this in a direction to end of all this crap. Von asked where do we want to go with this... I answered him. An all out site war won't resolve anything.

As admins we could take measures (thread closures, banning, etc...) to contain this... it's our preference though that these adults manage their behavior so we don't have to.

If you have a suggestion to help end this... I'm willing to listen and assist where I can.
                I like to go straight to what motivates people. In the case of WARF who I happen to think is a funny poster but has crossed more than a few lines here.
                As a formal admin of some type on your site would it be too much to ask that he stop trying to recruit here?
                It seems fairly obvious his strategy here is to take advantage of any rules differences and take it to to the extreme and then use that fact and aftermath to convince members here they would be better off at rothfans.
                It seems to me you would be in a position to affect change there. You can't control what WARF posts but you are able to have some sort of overall rules of engagement for how your site is run. That would include strategies employed for gaining new members. I think this would be a good start. Basically what i am saying is you can't keep returning to the same jokers wildcard every time someone goes off the rails. At some point you are accountable for the staff's actions. The fact we are discussing a site war affirms this. Thanks
                Last edited by Romeo Delight; 08-15-2013, 02:22 PM.
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Dr. Love
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Knock it off with the voice of reason shit ... I've got bets placed on whether this nonsense can make it a full year and I won't have you turds screwing me when I only have 3 and a half months to go
                  I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Anonymous
                    Banned
                    • May 2004

I will commit to what I can reasonably do... I'll ensure I don't contribute to the conflict any further. In addition, I will continue to discourage members of DLRF not to come over and do what they've been doing.

My previous efforts have not been very effective and I can't guarantee you any better results any more than anyone else can... But you have my word and commitment which I believe is still in good standing based on our previous dealings.
                    I'll do the same & Zahzoo can vouch that I've been trying my best as well.

Cheers!

Comment

• Anonymous
                      Banned
                      • May 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
                      Knock it off with the voice of reason shit ... I've got bets placed on whether this nonsense can make it a full year and I won't have you turds screwing me when I only have 3 and a half months to go
                      Hey, that was almost funny. It made me crack half a smile.

You're improving, "Dr."!

Cheers!

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                        Lu Lu Lu, I got some apples...

Tell everybody what my name is!!
                        Holy shit, that is my favorite (yet obscure) doo-wop tune, ever!

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• cadaverdog
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                          Says the guy with wart's penis in his ass...
                          When all else fails call the other party a homo. Elementary school shit.
                          Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                            Oh. Okay, so it's okay to threaten people if you probably most likely don't mean it. Okay! Gottcha!
                            It's not cool but you know it's bullshit when you see it but you get on your high horse anyway and tell everyone that will listen that Warf or whoever is threatening your very existence.
                            Beware of Dog

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
                              What the fuck? How did Donnie get dragged into this?

Jeezus, you people are pathetic. Fat old people acting like teenagers with serious mental problems.

And class act on throwing names out there, names of people who never shared private info. Warf did it? Well, Donnie DIDN'T. Guilt by association is completely retarded & only fuckups like you could even consider it.
                              Eh, that only gets you so far. Guilt by association isn't fair, but this is different.

WARF has pulled some absolutely despicable shit over the last few months. The worst kind of personal douchebaggery that just should not be condoned by anyone, anywhere.

As long as he continues to have a position of authority over there, you're going to get some criticism. Justified, in my view. The whole "he doesn't speak for us" thing really loses its legitimacy when your wagon continues to be hitched to his star.
                              ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                              Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                                I like to go straight to what motivates people. In the case of WARF who I happen to think is a funny poster but has crossed more than a few lines here.
                                As a formal admin of some type on your site would it be too much to ask that he stop trying to recruit here?
                                It seems fairly obvious his strategy here is to take advantage of any rules differences and take it to to the extreme and then use that fact and aftermath to convince members here they would be better off at rothfans.
                                It seems to me you would be in a position to affect change there. You can't control what WARF posts but you are able to have some sort of overall rules of engagement for how your site is run. That would include strategies employed for gaining new members. I think this would be a good start. Basically what i am saying is you can't keep returning to the same jokers wildcard every time someone goes off the rails. At some point you are accountable for the staff's actions. The fact we are discussing a site war affirms this. Thanks
                                Wow you didn't hold back on going right to the really tough questions...

I think only Warf is qualified to discuss his motivations... many of us can make educated guesses and observations but only he knows what goes through that interesting mind of his.

As far as site strategies and rules go... there's several of us who have had past experience running a VH/Roth fan board. I've worked on several. The rules at Fans are very similar to the rules here... that was done based on the type of community it's derived from. There was no meeting of any brain trust over there plotting activity here, rules there, or whatever to make one place more desirable over the other.

The current "personalities" of each of these sites reflect the members posting here or there or both.

As far as rules of engagement... be it staff or regular members. Neither of these sites dictate how people must behave on the internet at any other site. We can only attempt to manage our own boards. I have asked more times than I can count for certain individuals to knock off shenanigans here... But I can't control them any more than anyone else. It's on them.

Comment

Working...