X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
    Well said, Chef. Except for quoting Rocky IV.

Allow me to pick a sentence & ask you a question, even though you're not involved in this. Feel free not to answer, or tell me to fuck off.
    I known some people who did the same & all their "friends" dropped them like a hot potato for fear of being held accountable by people they probably never saw again. If this happened to happen,... huh... If this happened to happen to you, I bet it it wasn't a good feeling, was it?

Cheers!
    I can only relate my own experience, and it wasn't taking place in cyberspace. Essentially, I fell into a deep, manic depression and failed in my duties as a married man. My wife, having given up entirely on that particular chapter of her life, began openly fraternizing at our local with other men directly in front of me, in full support of our so-called "mutual" friends.

Talk about being on a desert island. That's real life, man. And maybe my actions on line over the past few years (Mr. Fair Play) are derived from all of that. So it pains me to witness people act so ruthlessly and irresponsibly at a web site, on a couple of different levels. I openly acknowledge that my own actions brought about the chaos. It just saddens me to see people making the same mistake, given benefit of the anonymity the world wide web provides.

Honestly, I've railed against people offering too much info on social networking sites for years now. Folks display pictures of their children, announce where they live and whom they work for with a bizarre (at least to me) belief that all is well on line and no one would exploit this information.

So the way I see things, if you are dumb enough to provide personal information in a format that is galaxies removed from being private, you get what ya get. Should people be prohibited from sharing their (for example) musical endeavors with the rest of the world? Shit no. Yet they are not required to share anything even remotely private to convey it, and consequently complain when that offered info is distributed/exploited in a negative fashion.

Christ, I get wordy when I've got a few beers under my belt, don't I?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Anonymous
      Banned
      • May 2004

Wordy, but wise. Thank you, Chef.

Though I suspect the latter won't be the case after a few more cases.

In short, online or offline, we will not do the same to Warf just for the petty satisfaction of a couple of selfish posters who live barren, wasted lives & have to make up for it online, yet failing even there.

Cheers!

Comment

• Never was
        Foot Soldier
        • May 2012

Originally posted by cadaverdog
        Can you honestly say anyone here has ever been denied a job or a promotion or even gotten the stink eye because some goober here said something negative about them on Facebook or any other social networking site? And then you end your post with what could be interpreted by some people as a threat against Warf. What has come out of all of this OMG he's threatening me bullshit anyway that has had any effect on ending this so called war of the sites? Not a dmn thing. If anything there's too many people using it as an excuse to keep it going but almost no one sees that. You're never going to get everyone involved to hold hands and sing Cumbia but it could go back to the Army of old where half the people can't stand the other half and try to piss each other off as much as possible but share the beliefs that Dave's the man and Sam's a chedhead.

I know it is common and legal for people to be excluded from jobs based background checks which routinely include a search of the persons name, so yes having your name up there there is the potential of that as I stated. What jobs anyone here have gotten, has, or been denied I have made no claim of knowledge. But yes if you are applying for a anything above a mc-job they will google your name. Possible real life consequences - yes that is 100% accurate and claims no knowledge.

I disagree it is war among sites, it seems to be 2 people alienating a lot of folks. As far as WARF goes, I seldom agree but we have exchanged disagreements respectfully. The universe being a bitch and goes around comes around really is not threat but a statement of karma. Sorry you feel it is a threat. I simply do not threaten people and have not. To me Warf's greatest threat is Warf himself because consequences do catch up folks so I hope he takes a break to get perspective.

Comment

• Anonymous
          Banned
          • May 2004

Oh, and we smug, better & smarter than anyone else people use the term "verbose", rather than the plain commoner substitute "wordy".

You should too, Chef. After all, even though slightly below me, you still vastly outrank all these peasants.

Cheers!

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
            There's not much value in discussing it. Everyone involved (and then some more) were let go from the team more or less as a result of the nonsense from January. You guys have your site, and I wish you nothing but the best with it and I hope its a lot of fun for you guys. Sesh and Von have been extremely lenient in applying their handful of rules (to the point that even I am impressed with the leniency, and I argue the most against all forms of moderation or banning of anyone).

To my knowledge, chef, myself, Von, Sesh, twona, Sarge, VA, conmee, etc, etc, etc aren't over at RothFans stirring the pot every few days, breaking the rules (I have no idea if you guys have a lot of rules or a few) and generally dragging this shit out for months on end. If we were, I have a strong suspicion we'd be told to knock it off if it became a point of contention amongst the team, and if people didn't want to get on board with the team, we'd part ways. So from my vantage point, there has been accountability, and its been pretty fairly applied across the board, with an extreme sense of leniency.

Think about it this way. A fair number of people (some of which you may even consider to be reasonable individuals) seem to think that you guys are associated with what's going on and are enabling it. While you may ardently disagree with the premise, consider for a moment why people might think that way. No amount of arguing the point is going to change the perception. That's not how it works. Perceptions have to be managed. It's really a question of if you care what those people think about you and if you consider it important enough to manage or not. I get why you feel you guys shouldn't be guilty by association. I can rationalize it and see where you are coming from. Doesn't mean my point of view is the same.

My reply wasn't intended to instigate change on your site. I'm not interested in trying to control what you guys do. I simply wanted to satirize and make light of the dichotomy between your point of view (we aren't guilty by association) and the view point of the others (you are guilty by association)
            Actually I do think there's is some value in discussing it as we have... at least as Shoes mentioned for the benefit of those who actually read some of this stuff. Maybe some misconceptions can be resolved... some understanding and maybe at least some peaceful discussion without a lot of crap.

You mention the nonsense from January... well all this started here and unfortunately continues here.

What started as a small faction breaking off... remember y'all banned them from here... has now grown into it's own site with it's own personality. It's grown well beyond the 3-4 people who originally broke off from here.

Those of us on staff who have little desire to fight constantly with members here could boot Warf, flappo, Donnie, Izzy, Phil, etc... for what they do over here. That solves nothing... Then we can all sleep nights better knowing you folks at the Army have absolved us of all guilt by association...

But none of those actions even begin to resolve the issues here.

More than a few have pointed out no one is coming over to Fans to start this shit. Well a few have... but didn't get the attention they were seeking. Grew bored and so they came back here. That's appreciated. But my point is... the elements that led to the conflict here started here, remains here and that's why it continues here.

Fan's isn't the problem... take it away and you still have about 10 adults who refuse to quit fighting and trying to drag this site and that site into the meaningless bullshit of their conflict.
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
              Oh, and we smug, better & smarter than anyone else people use the term "verbose", rather than the plain commoner substitute "wordy".

You should too, Chef. After all, even though slightly below me, you still vastly outrank all these peasants.

Cheers!

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Can you honestly say anyone here has ever been denied a job or a promotion or even gotten the stink eye because some goober here said something negative about them on Facebook or any other social networking site?...
                They probably wouldn't know because no employer is going to say, "Gee Thomas, you almost had the job but a Google search found that some guy named flappo Popgeared cocks coming out your ears." Granted, that's an extreme example, but more and more employers are checking social media to insure they aren't hiring the slutty bikini jello-shot girl, and also doing searches to see if perspective employees have been involved in lawsuits or whatnot.

And the old "karma is a bitch" thing isn't a threat...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

I will admit, that I check new applicants' FB pages, just to see what kind of nonsense they post. It certainly isn't a major factor in hiring, but it can give some insight into the person. Funny thing is I usually end up getting a friend request from most of them. lol

But if you're on the fence about hiring someone, and then you read all kinds strange things that may raise a red flag about this person being reliable, it CAN make the difference.

And as much respect I have for Chef, I take exception to his ridicule of people who share personal info on FB like kids, vacations, work, etc. It is a SOCIAL Network [as well as a good business marketing tool]

It is sad to think we couldn't share certain things online because 2 drunks from a Roth site decided it would be funny to use them against you.
                  Originally posted by Kristy
                  Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                  I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo

Fan's isn't the problem... take it away and you still have about 10 adults who refuse to quit fighting and trying to drag this site and that site into the meaningless bullshit of their conflict.
                    No flappy "pop gears" with personal pics and info, and No WARF drinking binges threatening to destroy people and sites, and all we are left with his stupid purse fights, banter, and banality until something actually happens with the damn band.

And let's not forget "January" started with those two. Yes, many of us were/are guilty of keeping it going, but let's not rewrite history.

WARF in a drunken stupor, started throwing personal info and threats in the chat box, followed by bringing flappy into it. THEY got banned, not us.

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                      It is sad to think we couldn't share certain things online because 2 drunks from a Roth site decided it would be funny to use them against you.
                      That, in and of itself is my point, brother...it is NOT just a couple of vodka swillers from a dumb as a box of hammers rock fan site, there are all sorts of nefarious, ID theft-willing criminals out there in the ether, perusing the web and just itching to access not only your money, but your life.

I'm not attempting to sound all Orwellian here, but a bit of jurisprudence (to me anyhow) is well within order. Promoting a business is one thing, and is obviously a terrific tool for marketing, let alone zoning in on a particular audience, so as a proprietor, it makes very sound sense. However, folks that display images of their bikini-clad 13 year old daughter frolicking by the swimming pool are only asking for trouble, let alone announcing their home address to compound things.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• cadaverdog
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                        They probably wouldn't know because no employer is going to say, "Gee Thomas, you almost had the job but a Google search found that some guy named flappo Popgeared cocks coming out your ears." Granted, that's an extreme example, but more and more employers are checking social media to insure they aren't hiring the slutty bikini jello-shot girl, and also doing searches to see if perspective employees have been involved in lawsuits or whatnot.

And the old "karma is a bitch" thing isn't a threat...
                        I'm just trying to say that some folks are exaggerating about the level of threatening they actually percieve. Most of these peeps are truly anonymous as far as their real names or what they do for a living.
                        Beware of Dog

Comment

• Dr. Love
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                          Actually I do think there's is some value in discussing it as we have... at least as Shoes mentioned for the benefit of those who actually read some of this stuff. Maybe some misconceptions can be resolved... some understanding and maybe at least some peaceful discussion without a lot of crap.

You mention the nonsense from January... well all this started here and unfortunately continues here.

What started as a small faction breaking off... remember y'all banned them from here... has now grown into it's own site with it's own personality. It's grown well beyond the 3-4 people who originally broke off from here.

Those of us on staff who have little desire to fight constantly with members here could boot Warf, flappo, Donnie, Izzy, Phil, etc... for what they do over here. That solves nothing... Then we can all sleep nights better knowing you folks at the Army have absolved us of all guilt by association...

But none of those actions even begin to resolve the issues here.

More than a few have pointed out no one is coming over to Fans to start this shit. Well a few have... but didn't get the attention they were seeking. Grew bored and so they came back here. That's appreciated. But my point is... the elements that led to the conflict here started here, remains here and that's why it continues here.

I think the perception problem you have stems from the fact that WARF comes over here fairly regularly and says he's going to get his "crew" to come over here from "his" site and start shit and "run people off the site". And a lot of times we see the same small set of people show up to joke with him while he's having another one of his meltdowns. Some of whom, coincidentally, also seem to be staff on the site. So, as Guitar Shark mentioned, it's easy for people to associate you all with his antics because you actively associate yourselves (generalizing) with it. Many nights when WARF shows up to stir the pot, Donnie is there with him, Mark Wahlberg (until he got banned) was with him, flappo was with him (and without him, until he got banned), cadaverdog is with him, sometimes you show and "pussy" licker show up to say that you don't like what he's doing but it's his thing to do. A pattern quickly emerges. I'm not saying you guys are actively supporting him on it. But I'm saying it looks a lot like it whether you mean it to or not.

Yeah, there are a handful of people that can't seem to let things go and move on. No matter how many times they agree to it. But realistically, I only see 1 or 2 of them drunk off their asses every night stirring shit up and egging others into responding. What do you see going on?

I've talked a lot of people into ignoring it for as long as they can, hoping the drama will die off, but it keeps coming back. As much as I abhor banning, I think the inevitable conclusion is going to be banning. It's a shame. I actually like everyone involved, but this whole thing has brought out the absolute worst in people.
                          I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                            That, in and of itself is my point, brother...it is NOT just a couple of vodka swillers from a dumb as a box of hammers rock fan site,.
                            Well with some 2,300 FB friends, the ONLY one who ever burned me was WARF.

The irony was his message to me asking me to accept him, because he's "really a nice guy that can be trusted"

Comment

• cadaverdog
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by chefcraig
                              That, in and of itself is my point, brother...it is NOT just a couple of vodka swillers from a dumb as a box of hammers rock fan site, there are all sorts of nefarious, ID theft-willing criminals out there in the ether, perusing the web and just itching to access not only your money, but your life.

I'm not attempting to sound all Orwellian here, but a bit of jurisprudence (to me anyhow) is well within order. Promoting a business is one thing, and is obviously a terrific tool for marketing, let alone zoning in on a particular audience, so as a proprietor, it makes very sound sense. However, folks that display images of their bikini-clad 13 year old daughter frolicking by the swimming pool are only asking for trouble, let alone announcing their home address to compound things.
                              Considering I've been told from day one that anything you put out there of a personal nature can and will be used to fucking piss you off yet these same people post personal info and expect no one will use it against them. I know Turd was outed by a pissed off former member but he posted more personal info to promote the band he was in that may or may not have fired his ass after he was outed.
                              That even confused me. He posted more info after he was outed. They didn't fire him after he was outed. I think I need a nap. I'm getting loopy.
                              Last edited by cadaverdog; 08-15-2013, 05:35 PM.
                              Beware of Dog

Comment

• ZahZoo
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                                No flappy "pop gears" with personal pics and info, and No WARF drinking binges threatening to destroy people and sites, and all we are left with his stupid purse fights, banter, and banality until something actually happens with the damn band.

And let's not forget "January" started with those two. Yes, many of us were/are guilty of keeping it going, but let's not rewrite history.

WARF in a drunken stupor, started throwing personal info and threats in the chat box, followed by bringing flappy into it. THEY got banned, not us.
                                Sorry... wasn't attempting any rewrite of history. Just a very high level reference point...

Just the Readers Digest condensed version would have me typing here til midnight!!! and I'm not a slow typist...

I believe the real "wrongs" that have occurred are not in dispute... shouldn't have occurred. The board could be flushed but it doesn't erase the hard feelings.

Further fighting/blame isn't going fix anything... If it takes a few of us to step in and talk like adults long enough to either bore the hell out of the combatants or get them to see reason. Well I've stepped forward. Maybe it's time we all take a look at our feet and see if we can coax one of them forward..??

We got to find a way to end this. I chose to discuss it here... I'm reaching mostly the same audience at either site anyways here.
                                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...